Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

this was a pain in the neck for me with my 8700. Seems just easier ... BlackBerry News forum

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

Re: How To Set up Bluetooth PC connectivity (Desktop sync)

Advertisement

this was a pain in the neck for me with my 8700. Seems just easier to plug in the cable and at least that way it's charging too.

luckbrand no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a question about file transfer, i havent had any problems pairing my 7105t to my pc.... however it will only allow me to have a Voice Gateway and nothing else.. i read a few reviews saying that its not capable of doing that and then at the same time i have read that if you update certain software or something that it can work... im very frustrated, if any of you have some info that can help me please please send it its much appreciated... my email is luckbrand@hotmail.com.... if you could just put "help for bluetooth" in the subject so i dont delete it thanks all

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

No BB's are OBEX enabled, which allows file transfer via Bluetooth. Read here.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OBEX

EscapeOrbit no está en línea Stack level 1

Excellent guide. Took me a little longer to get this working because I made the unfortunate mistake of buying a Kensington USB dongle, which is not generally supported by the generic microsoft bluetooth driver. So I just copied it from C:\Windows\INF\Bth.inf and put it in another location, then edited it to add the Kinsington dongle. Then used that file to update the driver. Pretty tricky, but it worked.

The only thing I'm wondering is, if I have internet access on my blackberry and internet access on my computer, why the heck do I need Bluetooth at all to sync? Wonder if RIM is working on that.....

bangus236 no está en línea Stack level 3

nice guide here!
    was able to finally setup my 7290 to sync via BT
    thanks!

clarv02 no está en línea Stack level 1

By Blackberry 7100G meets all prerequisites, except for one: I'm not on a BES sever. I have been synching with a USB cable for some time and really want the Bluetooth to work. Everything is set up except for the fact that I do not have Desktop Connectivity and Wireless Bypass showing in Services. There must be some way to achieve this without being on a BES. Does anyone know how??

Thanks!!

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

Hmm, I might need to try this. Am tired of connecting the cable, unless am charging the device. All they have to do now is make a bluetooth device that can sync AND charge a BlackBerry via Bluetooth at the same time - LOL

Gadget_Guy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    251F6CEF

Quote Originally Posted by clarv02
    By Blackberry 7100G meets all prerequisites, except for one: I'm not on a BES sever. I have been synching with a USB cable for some time and really want the Bluetooth to work. Everything is set up except for the fact that I do not have Desktop Connectivity and Wireless Bypass showing in Services. There must be some way to achieve this without being on a BES. Does anyone know how??

Thanks!!
    Did you ever get an answer to this?

I have an 8700 and I can't seem to get these items to show up as well.

I dont use BES either.

D.

clarv02 no está en línea Stack level 1

No, I never got an answer. However, I did call Cingular support, who after an excruciating experience with a guy that knew almost nothing about Blackberry's, finally handed me off to a RIM support guy, who was excellent. He confirmed that the only way to get these two services - if they are missing of course - is to have the policies pushed by a BES server. Since I'm not even on a data plan at all - only voice - he came up with a creative way to do it. He got Cingular (a different guy than the first one) guy to temporarily add me to a data plan, then added me to his RIM test BES, then pushed the policies down. Once confirmed, they removed me from the Cingular data plan and from the RIM BES. I now am able to synch with Bluetooth. And it's very cool!!! (just as I had hoped it would be).

In case you don't already know, after you pair it with your computer, you must get Blackberry Device Manager to add your device as a Bluetooth device. Also, for anyone who has previously been on a corporate BES and downloaded the "policy.bin" file to remove the corporate policy(ies), I think you should remove the file from under Program Files\Blackberry.... Because after I got the services and successfully synched with my computer, I looked for the services again and THEY ARE NOW GONE! I can still synch because I believe the only reason you really need these services is so that Blackberry Device Manager can initially add your device. Even though the services are now missing, my device is still in Blackberry Device Manager. So until I wipe my computer or uninstally Desktop Manager, I should be OK. That's what I make of this anyway.

Good luck!!

Gadget_Guy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    251F6CEF

I just called my carrier (Rogers) and they can not help me out.

They are aware of the issue and said that I have to wail till the 4.2 phone software is out. With the release of 4.2 apparently the BlueTooth sync is fixed.

I suppose I will wait as I can't figure any other way to correct this on my phone.

sigh..... technology wins the battle once more...

D.

TheKing no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi, I run windows 2000 - and I can't get my 8707g to connect properly over either USB or bluetooth.

Or is their any software available to link the BB and linux?

vagoneta no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi, I got the BB 8100 and the compaq nc8430, but I can´t install the microsoft driver for the bluetooth device. Someone know what to do with that issue?

tcence no está en línea Stack level 1
    Under Bluetooth Configuration in the Device Manager for my BB, I was able to get it recognized, and the bluetooth configuration complete; it says that the bluetooth is Connected. However when I go into Desktop Manager for the BB, click on Options and Connection Settings, it doesn't list Bluetooth as an option (only None, USB, and COM3). How can I get it to now recognize the configured bluetooth so I can sync with my laptop?

bangus236 no está en línea Stack level 3
    i just connected a 7130g to the desktop manager via BT
    cool

csa819 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have a T-Mobile 8100 Pearl, and have had minimal problems with both Bluetooth Sync, and using it as a Bluetooth modem. Only major issue I had is that my notebook (Compaq) was set up to use the BlackBerry Desktop Manager COM port for the Built in DialUp Modem. Since I don't use DialUp often, I just deleted the COM port for it. I then had no problems. It does take a little trial and error with T-Mobile Tech Support to get the correct gateway, but again, most of that was my COM port setting. Speed's not too bad, I was getting 100-150 Kbps. Plus it's almost free access, cuz i am on an unlimited data plan!! I also use a Jabra BT500 (550?) with no prob, and it works great with the VoiceDial!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast