I saw a tweet from Handango this morning that they released their bi-annual Handango Yardstick ... BlackBerry News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Handango Yardstick Report BlackBerry Becomes Dominant Platform For 1st Time

Advertisement

I saw a tweet from Handango this morning that they released their bi-annual Handango Yardstick and BlackBerry has now become the #1 platform for the first time passing Window's Mobile. From their press release:

"Handango Inc., the leading provider of smartphone content globally, today announced the results of its bi-annual Handango Yardstick, a proprietary global trend index offering unique insight into the smartphone content industry. For the first time ever, BlackBerry displaced Windows Mobile to become the dominant platform within the Handango smartphone content catalog, constituting 44% of all apps sold in the first half of 2009, up from its 31% share in 2008."

[read]
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Pretty cool for BlackBerry's. That's a big share of the market, beating out WinMo, Symbian, Android, and Palm. I like stories like these that crunch numbers against multiple platforms. Articles regularly quote Apple's App Store statistics, but being the only place to officially buy iPhone apps and the restrictions placed on approva, the data isn't comparable to other platforms.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS