gwabbit, LLC, the only provider of automatic email contact management (ECM) solutions for the contact ... BlackBerry News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

gwabbit Ranks #1 Paid App on BlackBerry App World for 8th Straight Week

Advertisement

gwabbit, LLC, the only provider of automatic email contact management (ECM) solutions for the contact cloud today announced that gwabbit for BlackBerry is the number one paid application on BlackBerry App World's "Professional and Business" category for the 8th straight week. App World's "Professional and Business" category includes such well-known apps as Bloomberg, SalesForce Mobile, and ZDNet. gwabbit automatically searches and identifies contacts embedded in emails on your BlackBerry smartphone, and adds or updates that information to your BlackBerry Contacts, in a single click. gwabbit's companion product for Outlook automatically captures contacts within Microsoft Outlook emails.

"150% growth in sales clearly demonstrates that, in these challenging economic times, serious business users are taking full advantage of the productivity gains gwabbit delivers," said Todd Miller, president and founder of gwabbit.

gwabbit for BlackBerry smartphones joins the award-winning gwabbit for Outlook, as an automatic email contact management solution for both desktops and mobile phones. gwabbit for Outlook automatically identifies signatures in incoming emails and creates them as new or updated contacts in your address book. gwabbit for Outlook is available for a one-time fee of $19.95. The two products together deliver complete email contact management for any professional on the road or at their desk.

Pricing and Availability
    gwabbit for BlackBerry downloads in less than a minute on BlackBerry smartphones and is available for only $9.99 annually on BlackBerry App World (www.blackberry.com/appworld), as well as online at www.gwabbit.com. gwabbit is available for all BlackBerry smartphones including the BlackBerry Bold(TM), BlackBerry Storm(TM), BlackBerry Curve(TM) series and BlackBerry Pearl(TM) series of smartphones. gwabbit for Outlook is available for a one-time charge of $19.95 at www.gwabbit.com. Both products are available for a free 14-day/20-contact trial.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    This looks like the answer to adding some of the email info, etc. to my contacts list that I've been looking for - I think I'll try it out. Thanks, Cherri.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Sounds very interesting, not sure it'd suit me, but I'd still be tempted to try it out.

~via Blackberry Bold running 4.6.0.282~
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

gschoelles no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask

$

I don't understand why people pay so much for so little, and not to mention you never own the BlackBerry version - It's a rental?!

Quote Originally Posted by gschoelles View Post
    I don't understand why people pay so much for so little, and not to mention you never own the BlackBerry version - It's a rental?!
    People pay for things because they perform a function for them that's EASIER than having to sit down for hours and perform the same function. For me, $9.95 is a cheap way to massively, over time, capture the entire contact info from email contacts that are not already on my BB and ARE on my P-C. I plan to do the 14-day trial and use it for a year if it does what I want it to. If it's not the app I think it is after the trial I won't buy it. If it is I'll probably use it for a year and then drop it.

The bottom line is that if an app isn't working for folks it fails. The fact that this one is the most popular 8 weeks running is enough incentive for me to try it. The downside is that I have to reinstall the laboriously slow BB App World to get it.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Is this a MS Outlook ONLY application? I don't use MS Outlook for emails. Only for backup/Sync for my BB using DM.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    This looks like its worth looking into
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

I looked into it. That's the question: is it for MS Outlooks emails only?

I loaded grabbit and it's running on my 8330. So far it's just taking up space - it hasn't done a thing yet. I guess I haven't gotten an email from a new contact yet. I'll wait a few days and then make a new email for me to test with I guess.

Anyone else try this out and have any luck with it? I have it set to automatically prompt me and show new contact in address book.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    It looks like a nice little Outlook Plugin to keep things organized. I wish it was available long ago. It's nice having complete contact information on all your devices.
    Does it work for information in the body of the email. For example if I list a name, phone number and address in the email can it be added also.
    Last edited by srl7741; 07-26-2009 at 10:52 AM.

Since I don't use Outlook email my question is does it notify me for new contacts without regard to what I use for email. I have several email addresses and occasionally get an email from someone who's not in my BB contact list. Those are the ones I'd like notifications for so I can have the option to add or not.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Since I don't use Outlook email my question is does it notify me for new contacts without regard to what I use for email. I have several email addresses and occasionally get an email from someone who's not in my BB contact list. Those are the ones I'd like notifications for so I can have the option to add or not.
    It's my understanding it would work. It's not dependant on having Outlook installed or used.

Edit* Well now I'm not so sure? I'm gonna have to read some more.

This is all I could find on the Topic:
    gwabbit for BlackBerry does for BlackBerry what gwabbit for Outlook does for Outlook – it saves you lots of time when you save email contacts into your address book.
    You can add an email contact in one click, without having to tediously cut and paste each piece of contact information
    Last edited by srl7741; 07-26-2009 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    It's my understanding it would work. It's not dependant on having Outlook installed or used.

Edit* Well now I'm not so sure? I'm gonna have to read some more.

This is all I could find on the Topic:
    gwabbit for BlackBerry does for BlackBerry what gwabbit for Outlook does for Outlook – it saves you lots of time when you save email contacts into your address book.
    You can add an email contact in one click, without having to tediously cut and paste each piece of contact information
    Thanks, srl7741. I have now received an email that is not on my BB contact list and I got no notification OR opportunity to add it "in one click." I guess I'll delete the app and move on - I have to assume that this one either doesn't work as advertised, IS for Outlook users only or is too complicated for me to use...and it's not complicated - it only has 2 options.