While there are many users who have been quite happy with their original BlackBerry Storm, ... BlackBerry News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Great New Video Explains The Screen Technology for the Storm 2

Advertisement

While there are many users who have been quite happy with their original BlackBerry Storm, others hated it, especially the way the Storm screen clicks. But RIM has changed the technology used for the upcoming Storm 2 and this video explains how it works and shows it in action. Check it out!

[via engadget]
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    I saw this yesterday on crackberry and I am impressed. I cannot wait until the Storm 2 comes out now. Hopefully in time for Christmas here in Canada

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    By the way, thanks for the post azstar!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I can't wait to play with it....looks tempting, but I may change carriers in Dec. and steer clear of AT&T and VZW due to their high plan prices compared to T-Mo and Sprint.....every day I change my mind about what carrier and what phone I want
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Great Vid. I think RIM is going in the right direction now with that phone. GSM Baby! another good move..

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    I saw this yesterday too and the previous leaked vids on the S2. My upgrade is in Nov and this is probably what I'll be upgrading to having seen/read so far. The screen tech looks cool but I need to get my hands on it to really get a better understanding of how it works.
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.160 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    That should have been the original Storm even if it meant we all had to wait since the Storm 1 has turned so many off, I'm not sure if it did more harm or good to RIM's rep. The limitations he mentions are some of the main reasons my Storm 1 is sitting and collecting dust. This looks like the best of the iPhone killers out thus far.

mikedoan no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    ...This looks like the best of the iPhone killers out thus far.
    I like you and many others have my Storm 1 "not in use".

I agree, this is what the first Storm should have been.

BTW..

Why... is it that everything is either an i-phone killer, or not...?

do we need a saviour to save us from the dreaded i-phone warlord or something..???

(sorry, end of rant)
    BB 7100g (R.I.P.)
    BB Pearl 8100 (R.I.P.)
    BB BOLD 9000 (on the shelf)
    BB STORM (R.I.P.)

iPhone4

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    This is awesome. Thanks for the video find Azstar. I will wait for this for my next upgrade!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

dklimah no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Cool. The click can be annoyying. You ever try putting it in lanscape and try hitting the 's' with your right hand? Impossible.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

candigrl73 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    26D70D4B

Blackberry Storm 2

Greetings All,

Ok, so I just looked at a Video Preview of the upcoming Blackberry Storm 2. Ok there are two versions. 9550 for CMDA for Verizon and 9520 to hit the states on ATT....can anyone confirm this?? Currently, i'm using an BB Bold but am getting bored with it and just wanted to know the next bb coming out on ATT.

Thanks and Take Care
    Candigrl 73

Jonathank110 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20F7AB0
    Great explanation cant wait to buy the storm 2

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    I love how he keeps going on and on about how easy and better the keyboard is for texting but never actually uses the functions.

I have both the iPhone and the Storm 1, The storm I gave to my dad because the screen was way to slow for me when I wanted to do something ie. texting, browsing, etc... perfect for him though because he types as fast as that sprint commercial advertises (lol). I have no complaints with my iPhone just complaints with AT&T lacking the support that they promised.

Maybe when they storm 2 comes out it might bring me back to the DARK side but until ill stick to my iPhone and continue to outperform almost everything.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

ptrhang no está en línea Stack level 2
    Anyone know if the new storm will be coming out for something other than att or Verizon? Maybe Tmobile?
    BlackBerry8100/4.5.0.124 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100