First announced back in May , Google has officially gone live with their Google Apps ... BlackBerry News forum
Google Apps For BES
First announced back in May, Google has officially gone live with their Google Apps integration with RIM's BlackBerry Enterprise Server. For companies looking to keep their offices truely mobile and keep employees on the same page, this could help tremendously. It allows users to access GMail, Google Calendar and Contacts, using the built-in BlackBerry functions they've grown accustomed to without the need for a separate application.
Features of the new integration include:
- Messages sent to your Gmail inbox are pushed to your BlackBerry within 60 seconds.
- Emails read/deleted on your BlackBerry are marked as read/deleted in Gmail, and vice-versa.
- Emails archived/starred on your BlackBerry are archived/starred in Gmail, and vice-versa.
- BlackBerry folders are synchronized with labels in Gmail.
- You can search for contact information of coworkers from the global address list on your BlackBerry.
- Contacts in Gmail are automatically synchronized with your BlackBerry address book.
- You can view your Google Calendar schedule with the native BlackBerry application.
- Administrators can use the management and security tools that are part of BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
Those of us outside the BES world have enjoyed the ability to have our GMail messages delivered right to our devices and our calendars synced up, but our coporate counterparts haven't been as lucky. That's changed now. Well, at least somewhat. The calendar function is currently a one-way sync, with the Goolge calendar prevailing. Google has said they are working on a 2-way sync feature for future release. The plug-in does not integrate the Google Documents feature either, but they are working on that too. Google Apps Premier and Education Edition users can download the plug-in at no charge.
Check out the full details here.