Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TeleNav today announced a new location-based mobile application called OnMyWay. OnMyWay is a simple-to-use notification ... BlackBerry News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Free OnMyWay app alerts others of changes to driver’s ETA based on GPS

Advertisement

TeleNav today announced a new location-based mobile application called OnMyWay. OnMyWay is a simple-to-use notification application that automatically alerts a pre-determined person or group of people of the sender’s trip status and estimated time of arrival (ETA). Drivers can quickly set an OnMyWay notification prior to getting on the road and the application will automatically send travel time updates based on location to designated contacts via text and/or e-mail.

A recent Ford Motor Co. study concluded that manually dialing a mobile device while driving was almost 2.8 times riskier than normal driving. More so, the Virginia Tech Transportation Institute (VTTI) found that those who text while driving are 23 times more likely to get into an accident than that of a driver paying full attention to the road.

“With increasingly busy lives and growing traffic problems, many Americans struggle to be anywhere on time. Whether you’re going to an important meeting across town or having dinner with friends, things happen that cause people to run late,” said HP Jin, president, CEO and co-founder of TeleNav. “We want to make ETA updates safe and easy.”

To create an OnMyWay notification, a user inputs a destination, enters a scheduled appointment time, selects or enters one or more phone numbers or e-mail addresses to send alerts to, and then hits start. The user’s address book is automatically integrated into the application to simplify information input. In addition, the sender has the option to attach a personal message to each notification.

The application automatically notifies recipients of the sender’s ETA by text or e-mail so the user can focus on driving. OnMyWay delivers an initial notification alerting the receiver when the driver has started his/her trip and includes an anticipated ETA based on GPS location. Following the initial alert, up to three additional status messages might be automatically sent based on the sender’s preferences. Additional alerts sent to the recipient include notification if the sender will be late for the appointment (with a new ETA), when the person is a pre-determined time (in minutes) away from the destination, and one minute from arriving. OnMyWay does not share the user’s specific location in any of the notifications.

“OnMyWay allows me to keep my wife automatically updated when I’m on the road. It’s especially helpful if I’m running late for dinner,” continued Jin. “This is a product that has daily relevance for most Americans.”

OnMyWay is a free application and is available immediately on BlackBerry App World™. The standalone application works on all four major U.S. carrier networks and supports the BlackBerry® Curve™ 8310, BlackBerry® Curve™ 8530, BlackBerry® 8800, BlackBerry® 8820, BlackBerry® Curve™ 8900, BlackBerry® Bold™ 9000, BlackBerry® Tour™ 9630 and BlackBerry® Bold™ 9700 smartphones. Standard text messaging and data usage fees apply. To download OnMyWay or other TeleNav products to your BlackBerry® smartphone, please visit BlackBerry App World (www.blackberry.com/appworld).

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    This looks cool, now when stuck in bumper to bumper traffic no need to feel like you must call or text whoever is waiting for you. Keep your attention on the road, smart application to use!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

sjkimberly no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3120E59D
    i couldn't find OnMyWay app. can you help...please.
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; FunWebProducts; SU 3.24; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; OfficeLiveConnector.1.3; OfficeLivePatch.0.0; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; WWTClient2; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.3; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; MAXTHON 2.0)

Which phone, carrier, and OS are you using?
    Twitter? My Apps List

xxchixorxx no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm not finding it either...(t-mobile/8900/os4.6.1.231)

*~Sheila~*
    243A0D29

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    This is perfect for those cheaters out there to know exactly when the Mrs or the husband's coming home from work so they can kick the side dishes out the door lol
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    You can find the app here.

sjkimberly no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3120E59D
    thnx. got it. have a great day. On My Way!!! ; )Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; FunWebProducts; SU 3.24; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; OfficeLiveConnector.1.3; OfficeLivePatch.0.0; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; WWTClient2; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.3; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; MAXTHON 2.0)

edgarmoreno1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Its not available on my tour, I'm on the sprint network.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    is not available for tmobile, guess is just for att customers
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

myblackberyiscool no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Which phone, carrier, and OS are you using?
    Is it available for me?

Phone - Blackberry Tour 9630
    Carrier - nTelos Wireless
    OS - v4.7.1.6.1

Well according to the press release it's available for the four major networks which would be VZW, ATT, T-Mobile, and Sprint but according to App World, it's only ATT for the following devices:
    Supported Devices
    BlackBerry 8310
    BlackBerry 8800
    BlackBerry 8900
    BlackBerry 9000
    BlackBerry 9700

Hopefully App World will show it as available for the rest soon.......
    Twitter? My Apps List

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    The Tour 9630 is listed as compatible.

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    This sounds like an interesting app.....thanks for the heads-up.....will download now....
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

siver no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well, this kind of sucks! One app that I would love to have and use, but...here we go again...being a Canuck, I lose out, .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast