Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Trini, I looked at the system requirements and it says it works under 4.2 with ... BlackBerry News forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Trini, I looked at the system requirements and it says it works under 4.2 with the exception of come calendar functions - that's minor.

One other thing. Try changing themes. Use one of the standard themes supplied with your device.

I know that FB 1.5 worked on this device and OS but just switch to a different theme and look thoroughly for the icon. I've had a theme fail to display an icon on a few occasions.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

trinidude no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3102A66F
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Trini, I looked at the system requirements and it says it works under 4.2 with the exception of come calendar functions - that's minor.

One other thing. Try changing themes. Use one of the standard themes supplied with your device.

I know that FB 1.5 worked on this device and OS but just switch to a different theme and look thoroughly for the icon. I've had a theme fail to display an icon on a few occasions.
    Ok so I did all you said and looked thro it.. Still nothing .. So its really weird now.. Is there anywhere I can get back v1.5? Cuz its definately not showing up..and thanks for the help really appreciated it!!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Trini,

I don't know if you can still get FB 1.5. Everything I've seen has been 1.6 but if you Google Facebook 1.5 and/or look into the FB site to see if there's a download for the 1.5, or a support contact that you can ask that'd be the only solution that I can think of. I'm really sorry for your trouble. FB has always needed a little help with its "user-friendlyness" IMO but that may just be me.

Keep posting you progress. I haven't given up and if I find a link to the 1.5 I'll certainly post it. Any other users know how Trini can go back to 1.5?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    3102A66F
    Oh wanna hear sumthing funny I deleted it and the icon came back up.. On the home screen to install fb again.. So when I download it dissappears now isn't that weird lol

Yes, that is truely weird!
    Quote Originally Posted by trinidude View Post
    Oh wanna hear sumthing funny I deleted it and the icon came back up.. On the home screen to install fb again.. So when I download it dissappears now isn't that weird lol

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    There is another new release, version 1.6.0.21
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    3102A66F
    i got it to work!!! i think the newer release fixed the error.. jeez its about time... thanks guys for all the help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    There is another new release, version 1.6.0.21
    I have 1.6.0.14 - I see a new rel when I go to BB Apps but when I check for an update in FB it say no new versions. Do you know if .21 is worth deleting FB and reloading?

I deleted my .14 FB and installed the new one - don't like not having the latest! BTW, is it me or is BB apps the slowest loading ap of all! I haven't spent much time in there and, by the experience I just had, won't be in the future! Is it always that slow?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by trinidude View Post
    i got it to work!!! i think the newer release fixed the error.. jeez its about time... thanks guys for all the help!!!
    Glad you finally got a working version

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I have 1.6.0.14 - I see a new rel when I go to BB Apps but when I check for an update in FB it say no new versions. Do you know if .21 is worth deleting FB and reloading?
    I think the new version fixes some refresh options that were buggy or something....I figure there must be something fixed or better so I just download it. Even when 1.6 was released the FB update feature said nothing new was available. I always just go to the mobile.blackberry.com site and check there. I installed the new over the old, no delete 1st. So far no issues.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Glad you finally got a working version

I think the new version fixes some refresh options that were buggy or something....I figure there must be something fixed or better so I just download it. Even when 1.6 was released the FB update feature said nothing new was available. I always just go to the mobile.blackberry.com site and check there. I installed the new over the old, no delete 1st. So far no issues.
    That's a much better way - thanks.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567