Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Woohoo!! Up and running!!! I'm installing now! I'll let you all know the details!... BlackBerry News forum

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H

Advertisement

Woohoo!! Up and running!!! I'm installing now! I'll let you all know the details!
    My Smartphone History - 7130e -> 8130 Pearl -> 8330 Curve -> iPhone 3G -> Javelin(Curve 8900)

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Someone posted another thread about it yesterday too, so jealous of you 4.6 people!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Someone posted another thread about it yesterday too, so jealous of you 4.6 people!
    Keep the faith, Az. FB will eventually get it out for us "antique" 4.5 users -
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    So what I've noticed from Installation:
    - Facebook Msgs now show up in the Messages folder too
    - Get options to:
    - integrate your bbm, calendar, and contacts with facebook now
    - sync current photo that is been used on your friend's profile, with your Address book photo.
    - better interface when switching screens (how Viigo switches screens now)
    - fixed bug where autotext was not working and now will capitalize after a period.
    - option to turn on spell check.
    - Automatic updates now available.

That's what I've noticed so far.
    My Smartphone History - 7130e -> 8130 Pearl -> 8330 Curve -> iPhone 3G -> Javelin(Curve 8900)

OK, I'll admit it. I'm starting to get jealous of the 4.6 people, like Azstar mentioned above, and getting a little miffed myself. FB's not THAT great an application itself in many ways - they need to NOT ignore the majority of their BB users who I assume are 4.5 and prior OS's. (Am I whining yet? )
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    OK, I'll admit it. I'm starting to get jealous of the 4.6 people, like Azstar mentioned above, and getting a little miffed myself. FB's not THAT great an application itself in many ways - they need to NOT ignore the majority of their BB users who I assume are 4.5 and prior OS's. (Am I whining yet? )
    Honestly, I think its one of the main reasons I left Telus and my 8330 and switched to Rogers - newer devices, new software, gsm chip for travelling. But my main reaason why was because of the devices. Rogers always had newer devices, and with Telus, the best I could get at the time was the 8330. 4.6 is a nice OS. But yeah, I don't see why 4.5 users (CDMA users in particular) are always getting passed by with new releases. Not fair, not very consumer friendly at all.

so i turned off all the sync options but it still went ahead and added very's facebook name to my like 59 of contacts how can i go ahead and turn that off? is there an easy way to delete them all or do i have to go one by one?

its just the leak version when its offically released you'll get it too i dont see why not

PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    I haven't tried that yet so not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by javatyger View Post
    Honestly, I think its one of the main reasons I left Telus and my 8330 and switched to Rogers - newer devices, new software, gsm chip for travelling. But my main reaason why was because of the devices. Rogers always had newer devices, and with Telus, the best I could get at the time was the 8330. 4.6 is a nice OS. But yeah, I don't see why 4.5 users (CDMA users in particular) are always getting passed by with new releases. Not fair, not very consumer friendly at all.
    Actually Tyger, IMO the 8330 is a fantastic piece of equipment! The only thing it doesn't have that I have on another phone is wi-fi. Other than that it's stable and does everything, more really, than I need. I get your reasoning and, although I LOVE a new piece of equipement, I'm totally satisfied with the 8330 and not really tempted by the new BBs that have come out.

I'd love to try the 8900 but I'm pretty happy for now. There's nothing out there that is making me drool if you get my meaning.

PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Actually Tyger, IMO the 8330 is a fantastic piece of equipment! The only thing it doesn't have that I have on another phone is wi-fi. Other than that it's stable and does everything, more really, than I need. I get your reasoning and, although I LOVE a new piece of equipement, I'm totally satisfied with the 8330 and not really tempted by the new BBs that have come out.

I'd love to try the 8900 but I'm pretty happy for now. There's nothing out there that is making me drool if you get my meaning.
    Hehe. I do completely agree with you - the 8330 was an amazing device for me too and never ever though I'd switch. But if you do get your paws on a 8900, you may just want to switch. IMO, definitely the best BlackBerry on the market today. I don't think I'll ever switch to another one. I've had everything go right for me with this device, just got it unlocked for free via the cellunlock.net CB promotion. You'll love it if you get a chance to use it.

The only negative comment re: the 8900 is fairly fast battery drain. Are you having that problem? (I realize that this isn't a FB question so we need to stop the hijack and get back on topic - I just wondered about that.)

PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Hehe, yeah stop hijacking time for us. Since been on .174 the battery life has been great - better then my 8330 on Telus. So definitely monitor the beta 8900 thread for more info.

And back on Topic - 1.5 has been good for me so far. I love that it updates my sync'd contacts with the current Facebook profile photo, and msgs show up in the Messages folder now. Love spell check works. LOL. I suck at that once and awhile.

senseijake no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2140331B
    yeah i definately am jealous of all you 4.6ers out there. anyone want to take on the task of making 4.6 work on a 8330 i sure would be thankfully haha

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5
    After a couple days of it working 1.5 just stopped. I can send, but not receive anything from it on my phone. I tried wiping my device and starting over reinstalling the OS and I also tried a couple combos of installing FB over 1.2 or uninstalling 1.2 and just installing 1.5, but still nothing.

What must I do?

Thx
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast