Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Looks cool . May I have one of those to go please? Thanks!... BlackBerry News forum

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784

Advertisement

Looks cool . May I have one of those to go please? Thanks!
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    count me in
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

tafadzwa no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post

There is a new application available for your BlackBerry called Elertify. I have been testing this out and it is really quite useful. What it does is notify you on your computer when you get an email, sms, or phone call on your BlackBerry. Have you ever been working at your computer trying to finish a project and out ot the corner of your eye you see the flashing LED of your BlackBerry? You stop what you are doing, pick up your BB wondering if it's the email reply you have been waiting for all day then open your messages just to find out that it's just an email joke forwarded by a co-worker? Elertify will let you have a pop-up on your computer screen with info about the incoming message. You can even set an options for sound notifications or even allow your computer's voice synthesizer tell you who's calling, the subject and sender of an email, or the sender and content of an SMS. Check out the video for a quick demo!

Here's more from the product description on MobiHand:
    • Elertify lets you choose which types of messages you want to recieve: Email, SMS or phone calls.
    • You can set the popup display time and whether you want the voice synthesizer or a ringtone to play when you receive a message. You might even turn off the popups altogether and just listen to the voice synthesizer.
    • Now you won't have to look at your BlackBerry unless you really want to.
    • Elertify works via the USB cable and is for the PC only.
    • You must install both the BlackBerry and Windows software to use Elertify.
    • If you use your PC a lot, you need Elertify!

I have it set to automatically connect when I plug in the USB cable and have the voice synthesizer option on. It's great if you are busy doing things while you are within ear-shot of your computer, you can know if you need to drop what you are doing and reply to a message or if it can wait without even looking at your BB or your computer...your computer will tell you what you need to know. It's great!

The app on the BB is very small so if you are tight on memory this will not affect it in any noticeable way. It is very easy to set up on the BB and PC and you can change the options on both to suit your needs. The computer voice synthesizer is not perfect, pronunciation and cadence of the speech is often comical especially with my PinStack thread reply emails hearing the way it says your user names

If you spend much time around your computer I highly recommend you try this app out. It works on all BBs running OS 4.2.1 and higher and works with XP, Vista, and Windows 7 just requires .NET framework 3.0 or greater.

There is a 7 day trial and you can purchase the app for just $4.99 right now at the Mobihand store.

To celebrate the release of their useful new app, VirtualViews has decided to share 20 free copies of the app with the PinStack community! If you would like a copy just reply to this thread and we will pick winners at random from the replies to this thread.

We will accept replies for a chance to win for just 24 hours, you have until 7am Pacific time Friday Oct. 30th to enter!
    This sounds like a good app seeing as how I leave my phone everywhere in my house. Would come in handy when I'm always on the computer.
    Last edited by tafadzwa; 10-29-2009 at 02:42 PM.

siver no está en línea Stack level 3
    Would love to give it a shot.l Looks great!

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Hmmmmm! Sounds Kool
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    i played with it a little bit, its pretty cool actually wish your could reply to a message from you PC with it
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffallen8 View Post
    i played with it a little bit, its pretty cool actually wish your could reply to a message from you PC with it

OH GOD!!! That would be the ultimate. Be sure to patent that idea there Jeff I'm always at my pc. I really would love to have a copy since I'm glued to a pc for 10 hours a day lol and not to mention when I'm home
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    Count me in, that looks cool

swinter44 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F744A5
    Please count me in as well! Thanks!

BBqwest no está en línea Stack level 3
    This sounds like a great app. Very useful. Count me in on the give away. I'm always busy with work on my laptop and always checkin my berry. My boss tells me to get to work. So this app would save a lot of time and scoldings from my boss. Lol.

kkwus74 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320FB874
    count me in too....looks a great application

miller710 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Put my name into that hat

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    This looks like a very sweet and useful application.
    Next step is being able to answer your BB via the PC ?
    Please count me in !

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Sounds cool. I would like this app.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffallen8 View Post
    Something like this perhaps?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast