Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

There is a new application available for your BlackBerry called Elertify. I have been testing ... BlackBerry News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Thumbs up Elertify for BlackBerry Review and Give Away! 20 Free Copies!

Advertisement

There is a new application available for your BlackBerry called Elertify. I have been testing this out and it is really quite useful. What it does is notify you on your computer when you get an email, sms, or phone call on your BlackBerry. Have you ever been working at your computer trying to finish a project and out ot the corner of your eye you see the flashing LED of your BlackBerry? You stop what you are doing, pick up your BB wondering if it's the email reply you have been waiting for all day then open your messages just to find out that it's just an email joke forwarded by a co-worker? Elertify will let you have a pop-up on your computer screen with info about the incoming message. You can even set an options for sound notifications or even allow your computer's voice synthesizer tell you who's calling, the subject and sender of an email, or the sender and content of an SMS. Check out the video for a quick demo!

Here's more from the product description on MobiHand:
    • Elertify lets you choose which types of messages you want to recieve: Email, SMS or phone calls.
    • You can set the popup display time and whether you want the voice synthesizer or a ringtone to play when you receive a message. You might even turn off the popups altogether and just listen to the voice synthesizer.
    • Now you won't have to look at your BlackBerry unless you really want to.
    • Elertify works via the USB cable and is for the PC only.
    • You must install both the BlackBerry and Windows software to use Elertify.
    • If you use your PC a lot, you need Elertify!
    I have it set to automatically connect when I plug in the USB cable and have the voice synthesizer option on. It's great if you are busy doing things while you are within ear-shot of your computer, you can know if you need to drop what you are doing and reply to a message or if it can wait without even looking at your BB or your computer...your computer will tell you what you need to know. It's great!

The app on the BB is very small so if you are tight on memory this will not affect it in any noticeable way. It is very easy to set up on the BB and PC and you can change the options on both to suit your needs. The computer voice synthesizer is not perfect, pronunciation and cadence of the speech is often comical especially with my PinStack thread reply emails hearing the way it says your user names

If you spend much time around your computer I highly recommend you try this app out. It works on all BBs running OS 4.2.1 and higher and works with XP, Vista, and Windows 7 just requires .NET framework 3.0 or greater.

There is a 7 day trial and you can purchase the app for just $4.99 right now at the Mobihand store.

To celebrate the release of their useful new app, VirtualViews has decided to share 20 free copies of the app with the PinStack community! If you would like a copy just reply to this thread and we will pick winners at random from the replies to this thread.

We will accept replies for a chance to win for just 24 hours, you have until 7am Pacific time Friday Oct. 30th to enter!

EDIT: give-away contest ended, watch for winners list later today

And the winners are:

swinter44, raton, BBqwest, bmanley, tkolgen, PacketRat, tfrankson, pegb856, siver, scmurphy13,
    tafadzwa, delfim, thbassman, kkwus74, iamgoofy, skanarkia, MStrawder, anfrey, dakid2k6, Capdot

Congrats, I will send out a PM with your purchase code shortly!
    Last edited by azstar; 10-30-2009 at 03:27 PM.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Count me in! Sounds like a great little app, and I've become quite the application hound these days.

Thanks for the opportunity, VirtualViews and the great review, AZ!

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    This would be awesome at work where I'm at the computer, but can't have my BB. Never going to miss an important email again.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

jag257 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Count me in too me in, looks like a very useful App!
    JAG257
    iPhone4
    " Losers try their best, WINNERS do what ever it takes"

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    This would be awesome at work where I'm at the computer, but can't have my BB. Never going to miss an important email again.
    You still have to have the BB hooked up via USB though....maybe you just have to hide it
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PacketRat no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    ohhhh This sounds awesome.. I want it..
    -------
    PacketRat
    258CDFE8

johncpayne no está en línea Stack level 2
    That sounds pretty cool. I would love to have that app

s2kneSs no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Awesome! I would love to win this app!

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Sounds sweet! Count me in.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Count me in, sounds very useful.

c-los25 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Sounds like a cool app. count me in

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    Saaaweeet man!!!

iLord is DEAD!

The SPCS Guy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30F558F8

Thumbs up

Ok...I'm in! Like the say you gotta be in it to win it. I'd like a chance to win this :-). The YouTube video looks cool. App is HOTT!!
    I'm sitting @ my computer right now. My BB Tour plugged in on the left and my HTC TP plugged in on the right!! LOL.

JE
    Last edited by The SPCS Guy; 10-29-2009 at 12:45 PM.
    - ** JE-TwiztedOne **

dakid2k6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm all in with this one. This would be a great app to have. I always look at the LED on my berry looking for the red.

gerbilplay4 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Count me in! Can't wait to get my hands on it!
    If you want a BlackBerry for email with a phone, get the 7290. If you want a BlackBerry for a phone with email, get something else.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast