Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

April Fools!! RIM, please release the real APP store now. This one is a bad ... BlackBerry News forum

amcat no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

April Fools!!
    RIM, please release the real APP store now. This one is a bad joke, right?!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use your mind... Creativity is free!!

Follow me on Twitter

ajr1437 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F2AF4E

Failed to Transmit

I have installed and reinstalled BlackBerry App World on my Bold and keep getting a "Failed To Tranmit" message. I've installed it on my wife's 8310 Curve and it works perfectly; we both use AT&T. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

lsu4lif3 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by amcat View Post
    April Fools!!
    RIM, please release the real APP store now. This one is a bad joke, right?!
    what issues do you have with the app world, im curious
    Never give up...you can always make a difference

gots2beme no está en línea Stack level 3
    Someone explain to me how an app can be 99 cents for the iPhone yet that same app is 4.99 for BlackBerry?!?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

beckaboojm no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E6FCEE
    Quote Originally Posted by gots2beme View Post
    Someone explain to me how an app can be 99 cents for the iPhone yet that same app is 4.99 for BlackBerry?!?

LOL i was thinking the same thing, i will never buy a app for more than 2 bucks, i would rather get an iphone. it would even save me money and the headache in the long run.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Guess I will never understand why people think that someone elses hard work and time shouldn't cost anything.

As far as an app being one price on the iPhone and another on BB I would like to know that too.

beckaboojm no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E6FCEE
    Would never say it is supposed to cost anything BUT overpricing it just because you can isn't right either. fair is fair. i believe that the cheaper (or even a fair price) your app is the more you will sell especially if its a good app.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by beckaboojm View Post
    Would never say it is supposed to cost anything BUT overpricing it just because you can isn't right either. fair is fair. i believe that the cheaper (or even a fair price) your app is the more you will sell especially if its a good app.
    Now that I understand and agree with.

dont quote me on this BUT could it be because the Iphone Shazam just redirects people to itunes for their music so they didnt have to make any deals or anything with them for that and BB redirects us to like Amazon? or something along those lines either ways just like the Iphone one im sure we can keep using it just on a limited basis like a certain amount of tagging per day or something not sure but that would be awesome considering ill barly use this app but id like knowing i can have the option

I've found lots of apps that I would be willing to pay for but I just don't understand why they're priced higher for my Blackberry. I just uninstalled AppWorld. Maybe I'll come back to it when it gets better. For now, I'll stick with JerryD's mini app list. Its got all I need.

Quote Originally Posted by MackDaddy135 View Post
    dont quote me on this BUT could it be because the Iphone Shazam just redirects people to itunes for their music so they didnt have to make any deals or anything with them for that and BB redirects us to like Amazon? or something along those lines either ways just like the Iphone one im sure we can keep using it just on a limited basis like a certain amount of tagging per day or something not sure but that would be awesome considering ill barly use this app but id like knowing i can have the option
    That's an interesting theory but I really wasn't referring to one specific app. I've found SEVERAL apps on iPhone for 99 cents yet they're priced higher in the AppWorld. Doesn't quite add up for me.

That's an interesting theory but I really wasn't referring to one specific app. I've found SEVERAL apps on iPhone for 99 cents yet they're priced higher in the AppWorld. Doesn't quite add up for me.
    ah yes well thats another story App World has a min price for 2.99 per app which im hoping will soon change

I've found lots of apps that I would be willing to pay for but I just don't understand why they're priced higher for my Blackberry. I just uninstalled AppWorld. Maybe I'll come back to it when it gets better. For now, I'll stick with JerryD's mini app list. Its got all I need.
    JerryD's mini app list is an amazing list for sure but atleast you're able to uninstall the App World where as the Iphone you cant i had a customer who came in and said well its not that i think its bad or anything i just dont want it so i dont want to see it he took the icon and moved it to the last page possible so he can never see it lol

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    One thing to keep in mind when complaining about BB apps being more expensive.....

Look at how many different BlackBerry models there are, different screen sizes, touch screen, qwerty, suretype, several different OS versions, gsm, cdma...... There is so much more involved in creating apps for BBs.

Ok, yeah, that was way more than one thing

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    One thing to keep in mind when complaining about BB apps being more expensive.....

Look at how many different BlackBerry models there are, different screen sizes, touch screen, qwerty, suretype, several different OS versions, gsm, cdma...... There is so much more involved in creating apps for BBs.

Ok, yeah, that was way more than one thing
    OK, well that makes sense. I would imagine it would take a lot more to make an app compatible for BlackBerry than it would for iPhone simply because they're so many different Berries out there. I knew someone would give me a logical explanation!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast