Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

thetechherald.com : While more than 200 mobile handsets are already compatible with on-the-go iTunes library ... BlackBerry News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Didiom arrives on BlackBerry Bold and BlackBerry Curve 8900

Advertisement

thetechherald.com: While more than 200 mobile handsets are already compatible with on-the-go iTunes library streaming via Didiom, the award-winning team behind the software have this week added two more notable devices to that expansive listing.
    Specifically, iTunes fans equipped with either the BlackBerry Bold or BlackBerry Curve 8900 can now take advantage of “mobile music placeshifting” through Didiom, which allows users to remotely access and listen to the iTunes music collections stored on their personal computers.

“More and more music fans are tired of wasting valuable time sideloading music from their to their phone or iPod,” explained Didiom founder and CEO Ran Assaf when the service hit beta at the tail end of 2008.

“[With Didiom] we provide them with a new type of experience that lets them not only stream music from their computer to their handset over the air, but also to discover, bid for and share music in new and exciting ways.”

Beyond providing a portable platform for the streaming of personal iTunes content, Didiom also offers more than one million MP3 music tracks via a pay-per-download marketplace.

Windows Mobile/other BlackBerry devices

[read more]

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Looks like very cool software. Will definitely have to check this out.
    My Smartphone History - 7130e -> 8130 Pearl -> 8330 Curve -> iPhone 3G -> Javelin(Curve 8900)

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Nice, very nice.

you don't have to worry about keeping large amounts of music on your phone nor have a big memory card if I am reading this wright.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    we will see how it plays out...looks like a great app
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

tigerbluemusic no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've installed both the desktop app and the mobile app on my Bold. I'm not having much luck so far. When I try to search on my mobile i get a message saying the search didn't return any results. I've checked my firewall on my pc and checked my permissions on my bold. Can't seem to find the problem. I am in the UK but I got the impression that this would still work and that it was only the music purchases you couldn't do outside the US. Anyone else making progress?

lcgtr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB469
    downloaded and have no idea how it connects with itunes. It only says stream, shop, inbox, and more. Nice app for beta though.
    Media POWERHOUSE- 8900 Curve
    When your surrounded by the Palm Pre, Iphone 3gs and T-mobile mytouch (G2) makes me wonder about blackberry.

bbbold no está en línea Stack level 2
    Need to download 2 apps from their site - Didiom Desktop and Didiom Mobile. Once you select the folders you want Didiom Desktop to monitor, click Stream on the mobile app. Then you can browse your iTunes library by song, album, artist and also stream playlists.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbluemusic View Post
    I've installed both the desktop app and the mobile app on my Bold. I'm not having much luck so far. When I try to search on my mobile i get a message saying the search didn't return any results. I've checked my firewall on my pc and checked my permissions on my bold. Can't seem to find the problem. I am in the UK but I got the impression that this would still work and that it was only the music purchases you couldn't do outside the US. Anyone else making progress?
    Did you choose the folders you want to monitor on the desktop app?

This is from their FAQ page (http://www.didiom.com/faq/didiom.aspx) - "Our desktop application allows you to choose folders to be monitored by our streaming server. The streaming server scans your folders for audio files in the format of WMA (both DRM-free and DRM-protected), MP3, WAV, AAC, M4A and Ogg Vorbis. It also scans for playlists in the format of WPL, PLS and M3U. When you want to access your library remotely, just enter your username and password. Once authenticated, you can browse the music library stored remotely and stream music in different bit rates."

sparkyj62 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24acd57e
    Has anyone used both this and Nutsie? What are the differences? Didiom is free and nutsie you have to pay a one time fee. Is one better then the other? Thanks in advance!!

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyj62 View Post
    Has anyone used both this and Nutsie? What are the differences? Didiom is free and nutsie you have to pay a one time fee. Is one better then the other? Thanks in advance!!
    The answer is in the comments section -
    http://www.schwartz-pr.com/crossroad..._for_sound.php

Quote Originally Posted by bbbold View Post
    Need to download 2 apps from their site - Didiom Desktop and Didiom Mobile. Once you select the folders you want Didiom Desktop to monitor, click Stream on the mobile app. Then you can browse your iTunes library by song, album, artist and also stream playlists.
    I've done all this but no luck. Still returns no searches.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

I've done all this but no luck. Still returns no searches.
    When you click Shop, can you listen to 30-sec previews? If not, it might be a BES/APN/firewall issue.

Did you choose the folders you want to monitor on the desktop app?

This is from their FAQ page (http://www.didiom.com/faq/didiom.aspx) - "Our desktop application allows you to choose folders to be monitored by our streaming server. The streaming server scans your folders for audio files in the format of WMA (both DRM-free and DRM-protected), MP3, WAV, AAC, M4A and Ogg Vorbis. It also scans for playlists in the format of WPL, PLS and M3U. When you want to access your library remotely, just enter your username and password. Once authenticated, you can browse the music library stored remotely and stream music in different bit rates."
    Yup. Did that too. I wonder if its anything to do with the size of my itunes library. Approx 30k

Yup. Did that too. I wonder if its anything to do with the size of my itunes library. Approx 30k
    I would try to monitor a small folder with 5-10 tracks and see how it goes. I have about 10K tracks, including playlists and podcasts. My entire library showed up on my BB after 5 minutes.

I would try to monitor a small folder with 5-10 tracks and see how it goes. I have about 10K tracks, including playlists and podcasts. My entire library showed up on my BB after 5 minutes.
    Still no luck. Tried one folder with 10 tracks in. Not really sure what I'm doing wrong as there doesn't seem to be a lot involved in setting this up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast