Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

okay i have a problem i haven't seen answered yet, i am trying to upgrade ... BlackBerry News forum

quinnzi no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

okay i have a problem i haven't seen answered yet, i am trying to upgrade to DM 4.3 and i've downloaded the file from the bb website but when i try to open it i get a message saying it is not a valid WIn32 application. i've tried redownloading the file and nothing seems to work. any advice?

also another question, i had to reinstall my device software and it seems i accidentally didn't install web browser. i had it before. how can i reinstall it without losing any files or anything?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by quinnzi View Post
    okay i have a problem i haven't seen answered yet, i am trying to upgrade to DM 4.3 and i've downloaded the file from the bb website but when i try to open it i get a message saying it is not a valid WIn32 application. i've tried redownloading the file and nothing seems to work. any advice?

also another question, i had to reinstall my device software and it seems i accidentally didn't install web browser. i had it before. how can i reinstall it without losing any files or anything?
    Internal Error 2738. Could not access VBscript.

Doc ID : KB03490
    Last Modified : 2008-04-30
    Document Type : Support

Print this page

Environment

• BlackBerry® Desktop Software 4.0 and later
    • Windows® 2000
    • Windows® XP
    • Windows Vista™

Problem

One of the following error messages appears when you install, modify, or uninstall BlackBerry® Desktop Manager:
    Internal Error 2738. Could not access VBscript.
    Error message 2738: <file name> is not a valid Win32 application

Cause

Summary of Causes
    This issue may be caused by the following:
    1. BlackBerry Desktop Manager requires the registration of Microsoft® Visual Basic® Script on Windows Vista.
    2. The BlackBerry Desktop Manager installation file was not fully downloaded, or the downloaded file was corrupt.

Resolution

Cause 1
    BlackBerry Desktop Manager requires the registration of Microsoft Visual Basic Script on Windows Vista.
    Resolution
    Register the vbscript.dll file on the computer.

For Windows 2000 or XP
    1. Go to Start > Run.
    2. Type regsvr32 vbscript.dll.
    3. If this fails, the vbscript.dll file may not be located in the default location on the computer. Search the computer for the vbscript.dll file and move it to C:\Windows\system32.
    Note: You may also need to install Microsoft Windows Script 5.6, which can be obtained from the Microsoft Download Center.

For Windows Vista
    1. Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories.
    2. Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
    3. Change to one of the following folders:
      • For Windows Vista 32-bit - C:\Windows\system32
      • For Windows Vista 64-bit - C:\Windows\SysWOW64
    4. Type regsvr32 vbscript.dll.
    5. If this fails, the vbscript.dll file may not be located in the default location on the computer. Search the computer for the vbscript.dll file and move it to one of the following locations:
      • For Windows Vista 32-bit - C:\Windows\system32
      • For Windows Vista 64-bit - C:\Windows\SysWOW64
    Cause 2
    The BlackBerry Desktop Manager installation file was not fully downloaded or the downloaded file was corrupt.
    Resolution
    Download the BlackBerry Desktop Manager installation file and attempt the installation again.

Workaround

In some instances, you will not be able to register the vbscript.dll and you will encounter the following error:
    The module C:\windows\system32\vbscript.dll was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with 0x80004005
    In this instance, you must run the command prompt as Administrator. To remedy this, complete the following steps:
    1. Click Start.
    2. Select All Programs.
    3. Select Accessories.
    4. Right-click Command Prompt.
    5. Select Run As Administrator.
    If the error occurred when installing BlackBerry Desktop Manager, re-install BlackBerry Desktop Manager and choose the custom install option, and deselect Media Manager, so that it is not installed.

As far as the web browser being missing, that is normal after any software install or reset. Just go into options, advanced options, host routing table, menu, register now. Then pull the battery. hope it helps.

vdragon no está en línea Stack level 2
    im running windows vista. and ive tried to install dm4.6 then i tried 4.3, but neither one seems to work. i keep getting the same error message:

"Error 1720. There is a problem with this Window Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom action RIM_InstallOptionalITAdminFiles script error -2147024770, : Line 8, Column 1,"

ive read this post but didnt see anyone experiencing this problem. is there any solution for this? thanks in advance guys.

pinklady88 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i downloaded the program and when i go to the install wizard it asks what language then goes on to say that the wizard has been interrupted before the software installed and closes...
    does anyone know what is happening??????
    I've tried with and without media manager even lower versions of the software...
    uGHhhh
    HELPPP!!!

pinklady88 no está en línea Stack level 1
    soooo i was using Firefox to download and suddenly had a lightbulb to use internet explorer... sooo i did and downloaded perfectly!!!!! I am using the desktop manager now!!! i dont know what the difference was but it worked!!!

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    strange...i use firefox to download everything
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456