Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Not sure if this is the place to ask my question. I apologize if it ... BlackBerry News forum

chauser no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Desktop Manager 4.3 Download & usage Guide

Advertisement

Not sure if this is the place to ask my question. I apologize if it is not. I have a new Pearl 8130. I was able to load a new theme on to it using the desktop manager. I have not been able to load anything else. I know I am following the correct procedure. I get the following message "No additional applications designed for your device found". Help. What is wrong?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Desktop Manager 4.3 Download & usage Guide

Quote Originally Posted by chauser View Post
    Not sure if this is the place to ask my question. I apologize if it is not. I have a new Pearl 8130. I was able to load a new theme on to it using the desktop manager. I have not been able to load anything else. I know I am following the correct procedure. I get the following message "No additional applications designed for your device found". Help. What is wrong?
    Hope it helps.
    Unable to install third-party applications on the BlackBerry smartphone using BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.2.2 or 4.3

Doc ID : KB14450
    Last Modified : 2007-12-13
    Document Type : Support

Print this page

Environment

• BlackBerry® 8820 smartphone
    • BlackBerry® Curve™ 8310 smartphone
    • BlackBerry® Curve™ 8320 smartphone
    • BlackBerry® Pearl™ 8130 smartphone
    • BlackBerry® Desktop Manager 4.2.2 and 4.3
    • SDR148444

Problem

When attempting to install a third-party application on the BlackBerry smartphone using BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.2.2 or 4.3, the following error is received after selecting the .alx file for the application:
    No additional applications designed for your device were found

Cause

The version of loader.exe included with the BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.2.2 or 4.3 installation CD, does not support the following BlackBerry smartphone models:
    • BlackBerry 8130 smartphone
    • BlackBerry 8310 smartphone
    • BlackBerry 8320 smartphone
    • BlackBerry 8820 smartphone

Resolution

Download the latest version of the BlackBerry® Device Software to the computer, and then install it to your BlackBerry smartphone.
    Note: To find the latest BlackBerry® Device Software, visit http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp.

joe824g no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    206012C4

does this work with a mac computer?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

no, it does not.
    you need pocketmac and get it from the blackberry.com download site.

check this forum
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...lackberry.html

aprilryan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    PM me

just rediscovered pinstack! yey!

anyway, just found out that there's now a 4.3. my current one is 4.2.1.6, and it appears to be working just fine. should i upgrade?

goneinaflash no está en línea Stack level 2

I just downloaded the Desktop 4.3. Everything worked fine until I wanted to sync the calendar in my Microsoft Outlook. I went through the process and told me what changes it would make with the sync. After I accepted the changes, it tried to sync but popped up and error message that said Connection Specific Error. Has anyone seen this before? I didn't see anything about it on Pinstack. I have the 8310 Curve from at&t. I have looked at the provider specific software updates and the most current Desktop software download is 4.2.

Thanks for any help!

borges107 no está en línea Stack level 1

help with loading desktop for 8100 bb pearl

I have a bb pearl 8100. i cant for the life of me, download the software for the desktop. i have a vista system. also ive tried to download the 4.3 and 4.2 and so on. and i keep getting different error messages. i really need the desktop so i can use more of the functions for my phone. please can anyone help? i went to the rim website and used the download from there and still i got the error messages. one of them says something about the VBScript run time couldnt run??? i hope this helps some. I sure hope someone can help.

borges107

Quote Originally Posted by borges107 View Post
    I have a bb pearl 8100. i cant for the life of me, download the software for the desktop. i have a vista system. also ive tried to download the 4.3 and 4.2 and so on. and i keep getting different error messages. i really need the desktop so i can use more of the functions for my phone. please can anyone help? i went to the rim website and used the download from there and still i got the error messages. one of them says something about the VBScript run time couldnt run??? i hope this helps some. I sure hope someone can help.

borges107
    What is the exact error message that you get? Hope this helps. If it is a different error post back with the exact error and we will see what we can find.

Receive error code 0x80004005 while registering vbscript.dll

Doc ID : KB14608
    Last Modified : 2007-11-28

Environment

• BlackBerry® Desktop Software 4.2.1 and later
    • Microsoft® Windows Vista™

Problem

While trying to install the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager you receive the following error:
    Internal Error 2738. Could not access VBscript
    While attempting to resolve the issue by attempting to register the vbscript.dll (regsvr32 vbscript.dll), you receive the following error:
    vbscript.dll was loaded but a call to dll register server failed with error code 0x80004005

Resolution

Complete the following steps:
    1. Search the hard drive for vbscript.dll.
    2. Make sure the file resides in one of the following folders:
      • Windows Vista 32-bit: C:\Windows\system32
      • Windows Vista 64-bit: C:\Windows\SysWOW64
      If it does not, copy the file to the appropriate location.
    3. Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories.
    4. Right-click on the Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
    5. Complete one of the following steps:
      • If you are running Windows Vista 32-bit, change to the C:\Windows\system32 folder.
      • If you are running Windows Vista 64-bit, change to the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder.
    6. Type regsvr32 vbscript.dll.

Nitrox no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32BE68F1
    I tried 4.3, but had an issue with my Outlook. I deleted it and went back to 4.2, but am still getting crazy emails from a (?) server. How can I make it stop? I get like 15-24 at a time. Here is one of them.:cry:

This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and and associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.
    BEGINETP 198
    AbESTGwAAAAAIBAIMzJCRTY4RjEgG25pY2hvbGFzLmJha3VsYU B1cy5hcm15Lm1pbADzLH4W
    UAVDSUNBTANAgICAgQIAADBBNzZBM0E0RStHKzEATacrLPeAgd qdv2cKQ4sE5QAZHMPIaWgh
    feOrcgLWA97e96JTOeDU3v9W4ybD2qUjZlDBYMNl1yg5qmr61E 0P8tkBXDv0WGCbFnUctt5a
    +aLTeg9sOQcoFgOuQWnv9jHLBCvLWUA4ymgBbEn+yZtBcTi0
    ENDETP -1001928727

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrox View Post
    I tried 4.3, but had an issue with my Outlook. I deleted it and went back to 4.2, but am still getting crazy emails from a (?) server. How can I make it stop? I get like 15-24 at a time. Here is one of them.:cry:

This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and and associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.
    BEGINETP 198
    AbESTGwAAAAAIBAIMzJCRTY4RjEgG25pY2hvbGFzLmJha3VsYU B1cy5hcm15Lm1pbADzLH4W
    UAVDSUNBTANAgICAgQIAADBBNzZBM0E0RStHKzEATacrLPeAgd qdv2cKQ4sE5QAZHMPIaWgh
    feOrcgLWA97e96JTOeDU3v9W4ybD2qUjZlDBYMNl1yg5qmr61E 0P8tkBXDv0WGCbFnUctt5a
    +aLTeg9sOQcoFgOuQWnv9jHLBCvLWUA4ymgBbEn+yZtBcTi0
    ENDETP -1001928727
    Network@etp messages arrive on the BlackBerry smartphone

Doc ID : KB04254
    Last Modified : 2008-02-08

Print this page

Environment

• BlackBerry® Desktop Software
    • BlackBerry® Internet Service
    • BlackBerry smartphones

Problem

Frequent email messages from network@etpXX.etp.XX.blackberry.net (where XX are variables depending on your location) appear on the BlackBerry smartphone and/or the email client (for example, Microsoft® Outlook®) that is associated with the email account. The body of the email message displays the following:
    This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry Handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.
    The email message also contains an ETP.DAT attachment.

Cause

Summary of Causes
    This issue could be caused by the following:
    1. The BlackBerry smartphone and/or the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager have been configured to use the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server or the BlackBerry® Desktop Redirector option.
    2. The BlackBerry smartphone user is running the Enterprise Activation process on a BlackBerry smartphone that is set up only for the BlackBerry Internet Service.

Resolution

Summary of Resolutions

The following are possible resolutions for this issue.
    Cause 1

The BlackBerry smartphone and/or the BlackBerry Desktop Manager have been configured to use the BlackBerry Enterprise Server or the BlackBerry Desktop Redirector option.
    Resolution
    First, remove all of the Desktop service books from the BlackBerry smartphone.
    1. From the Home screen on the BlackBerry smartphone, click Options.
    2. Click Advanced Options.
    3. Click Service Book.
    4. In the service book list, select the Desktop [CMIME] service book.
    5. Display the menu and select Delete.
    6. In the service book list, select the Desktop [CICAL] service book.
    7. Display the menu and select Delete.
    Next, verify whether or not the BlackBerry Desktop Manager has been configured to use the BlackBerry Enterprise Server or the BlackBerry Desktop Redirector option by looking for the Email Settings icon or the Redirector Settings icon in BlackBerry Desktop Manager (see image below). This will only appear if the BlackBerry Enterprise Server or BlackBerry Desktop Redirector was chosen during installation.

If either the Email Settings or Redirector Settings icon is displayed, uninstall BlackBerry Desktop Manager or modify the configuration of the BlackBerry Desktop Manager to support the BlackBerry Internet Service. For instructions on uninstalling the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, see KB02206. For instructions on modifying the installation to support the BlackBerry Internet Service, see KB03179.
    Note: If you choose to reinstall BlackBerry Desktop Manager, be sure to choose the BlackBerry Internet Service option when prompted during the installation process.

Cause 2

The BlackBerry smartphone user is running Enterprise Activation on a BlackBerry smartphone that is set up only for the BlackBerry Internet Service.
    Resolution
    After 24 hours, the Enterprise Activation process will time out and the messages will stop. Hide the icon if it appears again on the BlackBerry smartphone.

PIN/ID
    32BE68F1
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge View Post
    Network@etp messages arrive on the BlackBerry smartphone

Doc ID : KB04254
    Last Modified : 2008-02-08

Print this page

Environment

• BlackBerry® Desktop Software
    • BlackBerry® Internet Service
    • BlackBerry smartphones

Problem

Frequent email messages from network@etpXX.etp.XX.blackberry.net (where XX are variables depending on your location) appear on the BlackBerry smartphone and/or the email client (for example, Microsoft® Outlook®) that is associated with the email account. The body of the email message displays the following:
    This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry Handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.
    The email message also contains an ETP.DAT attachment.

Cause

Summary of Causes
    This issue could be caused by the following:
    1. The BlackBerry smartphone and/or the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager have been configured to use the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server or the BlackBerry® Desktop Redirector option.
    2. The BlackBerry smartphone user is running the Enterprise Activation process on a BlackBerry smartphone that is set up only for the BlackBerry Internet Service.

Resolution

Summary of Resolutions

The following are possible resolutions for this issue.
    Cause 1

The BlackBerry smartphone and/or the BlackBerry Desktop Manager have been configured to use the BlackBerry Enterprise Server or the BlackBerry Desktop Redirector option.
    Resolution
    First, remove all of the Desktop service books from the BlackBerry smartphone.
    1. From the Home screen on the BlackBerry smartphone, click Options.
    2. Click Advanced Options.
    3. Click Service Book.
    4. In the service book list, select the Desktop [CMIME] service book.
    5. Display the menu and select Delete.
    6. In the service book list, select the Desktop [CICAL] service book.
    7. Display the menu and select Delete.
    Next, verify whether or not the BlackBerry Desktop Manager has been configured to use the BlackBerry Enterprise Server or the BlackBerry Desktop Redirector option by looking for the Email Settings icon or the Redirector Settings icon in BlackBerry Desktop Manager (see image below). This will only appear if the BlackBerry Enterprise Server or BlackBerry Desktop Redirector was chosen during installation.

If either the Email Settings or Redirector Settings icon is displayed, uninstall BlackBerry Desktop Manager or modify the configuration of the BlackBerry Desktop Manager to support the BlackBerry Internet Service. For instructions on uninstalling the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, see KB02206. For instructions on modifying the installation to support the BlackBerry Internet Service, see KB03179.
    Note: If you choose to reinstall BlackBerry Desktop Manager, be sure to choose the BlackBerry Internet Service option when prompted during the installation process.

Cause 2

The BlackBerry smartphone user is running Enterprise Activation on a BlackBerry smartphone that is set up only for the BlackBerry Internet Service.
    Resolution
    After 24 hours, the Enterprise Activation process will time out and the messages will stop. Hide the icon if it appears again on the BlackBerry smartphone.
    Thanks a ton. I'll try to let it time-out. I already uninstalled 4.3 and reinstalled 4.2. I think I was trying to do something that I couldn't do.
    Thanks again.

hocus65 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Ive downloaded dm4.3 twice and i have no media manager options at all. Cant take pics off my phone or music. Ive also downloaded it from bb.com same **** !!

PIN/ID
    32BE68F1
    After doing some research, it seems that 4.3 doesn't have the media manager. Might be able to exchange files using your PC "my computer" and drag n drop. Hope I helped some.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrox View Post
    After doing some research, it seems that 4.3 doesn't have the media manager. Might be able to exchange files using your PC "my computer" and drag n drop. Hope I helped some.
    It should.

New features in BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.3

Doc ID : KB14321
    Last Modified : 2007-12-11
    Document Type : What Is

Environment

• BlackBerry® Desktop Manager 4.3

Details

This article profiles the main changes to the BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.3.
    Improved language support
    The BlackBerry Desktop Manager user interface and online help are now available in European Portuguese.
    User Interface
    The main BlackBerry Desktop Manager screen has been updated with a more user-friendly design.
    Synchronization
    You can now synchronize contacts between your BlackBerry smartphone and Microsoft® Windows Vista®.
    Enhanced Roxio® Media Manager for BlackBerry smartphones
    Improved support for integrating iTunes: Apple® iTunes® are supported within Media Manager.
    Support for VoiceNotes: Play voice notes and copy voice notes from your BlackBerry smartphone.
    My RingTones folder: Use the My Ring Tones folder on the BlackBerry smartphone to store ring tones.
    Improved language support: Language support now available for Russian, European Portuguese, Czech, and Hungarian.
    View all media files: Use the Folders tab to view all the media files on your computer.
    Support for .midi files
    Support for Album Art for MP3 audio files

Quote Originally Posted by hocus65 View Post
    Ive downloaded dm4.3 twice and i have no media manager options at all. Cant take pics off my phone or music. Ive also downloaded it from bb.com same **** !!
    Should be more or less the same issue that 4.2 Sp2 had.

Media Manager icon missing from BlackBerry Desktop Manager

Doc ID : KB14661
    Last Modified : 2007-11-20

Environment
    • BlackBerry® Desktop Manager 4.2 Service Pack 2
    • Roxio® Media Manager 9

Problem

After installing BlackBerry Desktop Manager, the Media Manager icon does not appear in BlackBerry Desktop Manager and the Roxio Media Manager program group does not appear in the Microsoft® Windows® application list.

Cause

There is a Roxio product already installed on the computer that is conflicting with the installation of Roxio Media Manager.

Resolution

Uninstall all Roxio products on the computer.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast