Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge Just an update, i uninstalled the previous download from another post ... BlackBerry News forum

victorsmiller no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Desktop Manager 4.3 Download & usage Guide

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge View Post
    Just an update, i uninstalled the previous download from another post and installed this one and now i have the option to sync with ASCII importer/exporter, outlook express and yahoo, but still no regular outlook. Anyone know what's up. Must you have outlook 2007?
    I just downloaded 4.3 and installed it, but Yahoo wasn't one of the sync options (for calendar, address book, anything). Did you do anything special to get that option? I was able (and am still able on another computer at home) to sync my calendar directly to Yahoo (without going through a two step of syncing to Outlook and then syncing Yahoo to Outlook). This was using 4.2. But I must have done something extra to get this to work, since I just tried downloading 4.2 and installing it onto my wife's laptop and Yahoo's not an option there either. Any suggestions?

Victor

victorsmiller no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by dannybritton View Post
    Ok, I downloaded the from the above link and I now have "yahoo" as an option for my address book, calendar, ect.
    Thanks all,
    Danny
    This is weird, I just (last night) downloaded 4.3 from the link given and installed it, and Yahoo is not an option for address book, calendar, etc. They must have changed it. darn!

Victor

pncboy no está en línea Stack level 1

I am a Verizon customer. Is it important to wait until Verizon tells me I can update to the new desktop? Does this have any possible negative effect on the performance of a carrier specific phone? It seems to me that Verizon limits some the 8830's performance eliminating the GPS for instance, that some other subtleties may cause problems or would this not be manifest in the Desktop interface? any response would be appreciated.

Money.Q no está en línea Stack level 1

Just an update, i uninstalled the previous download from another post and installed this one and now i have the option to sync with ASCII importer/exporter, outlook express and yahoo, but still no regular outlook. Anyone know what's up. Must you have outlook 2007?

Well, I do have outlook 2007 and am running it on a vista machine, I only have the option to sync w/ ASCII Importer/Exporter. I have not seen outlook express or yahoo? HElp

jh101_7 no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have the option for outlook and outlook express on a vista machine running outlook 2007. But when I try to configure the sync to outlook I get a rumtime error.

orle8050 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    317D2497

Does anybody know why the hide to minimize function was removed? I downgraded back to 4.2 because of this since I use Desktop Redirector and have to have DM running at all times.

pablo92 no está en línea Stack level 1

does it work in Mac's?

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

no desktop manager does not work in Mac - we use PocketMac (free) or Missing Sync (paid)
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

pablo92 no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks!

mseed no está en línea Stack level 1

Any input on using 2 BB with 2 user accounts? Can't get the install to accomplish this despite several variation tried.

Thanks

av8r no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Desktop Manager 4.3

Have enjoyed reading forums and now its my turn. Appreciate any help.

Here's my problem: When I start DM program opens and then the preverbial message from MicroSoft displays... "BB DM has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry....."

The splash screen top left displays Disconnected BB DM... Bottom left Device Connected (PIN) none. BB DM icon is still in sys tray even though DM shut down. The 'properties' shows BB connected

This problem started yesterday and so I redownloaded DM 4.3 from above site. I uninstalled twice and reinstalled. Once with virus program running and once not running...and with/without Roxio Manager.

I deleted folder from c:\docu~...\user\app data\RIM\BB after uninstalling from Control Panel....

My first BB and lovin it so far. Just wish I could get DM working.

BB curve TMO, Outlook 2003. WinxpSP2 on laptop. 1g memory.

Steve - PIN 24213C6C.
    Last edited by av8r; 01-01-2008 at 01:42 PM.

woobang no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32C20A99

Quote Originally Posted by pncboy View Post
    I am a Verizon customer. Is it important to wait until Verizon tells me I can update to the new desktop? Does this have any possible negative effect on the performance of a carrier specific phone? It seems to me that Verizon limits some the 8830's performance eliminating the GPS for instance, that some other subtleties may cause problems or would this not be manifest in the Desktop interface? any response would be appreciated.

This shouldn't have any effect on carrier specific BB's.

However I am suffering the same as others here with Roxio. When starting Roxio Windows immediately reverts to Vista Basic theme. I get a message from Windows stating:

I also noticed this in 4.2.2 after I reinstalled it after a HD format. Any help on this or do we just wait for an update to address this? Seems to me this ran fine when I first installed this on vista, although there is an option to hide this warning and I could have just as easily checked hide as I rarely use this program. I just like when things work properly
    Last edited by woobang; 01-03-2008 at 12:20 AM. Reason: added content...

zeenethia no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi Hayden, I am a new user and enjoy your website. I know this ? has been asked a million times but I have read and done everything that has been instructed for my 7130e. I am trying to download themes. I have done the hard reboot, downloaded the new 4.2 software and edited my permissions. I see the theme in the applications but the "activate" option is not there. Again it shows up but it wont let me activate it. It is also in the applications and has all the right permissions. Help!

GeneralMayhem no está en línea Stack level 2

I can't transfer any files to my device through bluetooth, now I know why. I just realized that my bluetooth connection settings are grayed out in Desktop Manager! I'm using a Bluetooth USB transciever that seems to work fine otherwise. Any ideas?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I know I am late downloading and installing this DM but I LOVE IT. It looks much more user friendly than previous versions. Sweet update RIM LOL

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast