CSR and Unify4Life today announced that they have partnered to develop a unique lifestyle application ... BlackBerry News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

CSR and Unify4Life collaborate to bring a universal remote control App

Advertisement

CSR and Unify4Life today announced that they have partnered to develop a unique lifestyle application for BlackBerry® smartphones from Research In Motion (RIM). The Unify4Life AV|Shadow™ uses CSR’s BlueCore5-Multimedia silicon to transform a BlackBerry smartphone into a universal remote control to manage various electronic devices around the home from DVD players, sound systems and TVs to even garage doors, iPods and lights.

Unify4Life will be demonstrating the AV|Shadow™ at CES in Las Vegas from January 8-11. Other demonstrations include Garage|Shadow™ (garage door remote), SoundGrabber™ (MP3 Player Remote Controlled Doc), Game|Shadow™ (PS3 DVD/Web Surfing Remote/Keyboard), Slide|Shadow™ (PC Power Point Remote), and Radio|Shadow™ (Internet Radio Remote Controller).

The solution consists of an AV|Shadow™ that communicates with a BlackBerry smartphone using CSR’s Bluetooth, and talks to other electrical equipment via infrared (IR) or by using IR Extenders. Users will be able to directly control a variety of electronic devices and even stream music directly from their BlackBerry via Bluetooth to an amplifier or receiver up to 30ft away. The solution also features interactive TV listings (UnifyGuide™) and channel changing functionality to allow users to browse program guides, set reminders on phone calendars and create a TV favourites list.

By installing the AV|Shadow™ into a central location, users can easily programme the device using their dedicated www.unify4life.com web account and download the remote application to their BlackBerry smartphone to wirelessly control programmed devices. The AV|Shadow™ can communicate with up to sixteen devices in a room and lets users control multiple devices simultaneously, e.g. changing the volume on an amplifier while watching a DVD.

As well as providing a robust wireless connection for transferring data, CSR’s BlueCore5-Multimedia is ideal for streaming audio to high quality headphones and speakers, boasting a best-in-class signal-to-noise ratio of -95dB. It also leads the industry for power consumption and radio design making it ideal for use in power conscious portable devices. The radio transmits at +6.5dBm and receives at -90dBm, which eliminates interference and keeps audio quality exceptionally high.

“This solution will change the way people view their BlackBerry smartphone,” said Mike Nykoluk Chairman-Founder Unify4Life. “With the help of CSR’s BlueCore5-Multimedia, BlackBerry users can now control all of their home entertainment products through a single device. A key requirement for this solution was a reliable and constant connection to the devices, but without compromising the battery life of the BlackBerry itself. CSR’s BlueCore5-Multimedia provided us with an outstandingly high quality Bluetooth connection along with minimal power consumption.”

“CSR believes that the future of the mobile phone is based around the concept of the Connectivity Centre, and the Unify4Life wireless solution is a perfect example of this,” said Raj Gawera, Vice President Marketing in CSR’s Mobile Handset Connectivity Business Unit. “By combining our Bluetooth technology with Unify4Life’s AV|Shadow™ we have developed an innovative wireless solution that takes the hassle out of managing multiple devices and allows users to control various applications directly from their mobile phone - and this is only the beginning. In the future even more home applications will be controlled by mobile phone, and Unify4Life’s demonstration at CES of the garage door remote is proof of this.”

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I cant wait to see this. . .It will be awesome!!!! Bring on the toys!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Aleksrussian no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    Please make a big deal when this comes out!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925

sweet!!!!!

This looks and sounds sweet!!! Bring it on!!!

gthmcty1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30634ABB
    And people wonder why we love our BB's!!!! Bring it on!!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I seen this a few days ago, it looks great. Im anxious to try it out...
    -Josh

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    Just another reason as to why I love my BB!!!

fstbusa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3054210e
    The only thing I think sucks is the garage is bluetooth.......that means there is going to be major distance limitations...

I want to be able to open my garage door from like 5 blocks away....

PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    And I wanna open my neighbors garage so I can take his corvette we don't all get what we want fstbusa lol ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    This sure beats the hell out any type of app. That helps you decide on where to eat.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

oscarlozano1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2432E12B
    At last! Life is getting sweet again! IMO: this is only the beginning of better things for BlackBerry Apps to come!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    3198998E
    If they want a beta tester I'm game. Hook it up! Gonna have my house wired to my bb, that's awesomeness in its rawest form.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    this will be awsome with storm ui. i'm wondering if it is storm ready...
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    Does it require any hardware?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksrussian View Post
    Does it require any hardware?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    looks like an IR blaster but it's only 99 bucks. this looks promising if it works as advertised.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks