[FONT=Arial]My speaker went out on my 8100. after getting a new phone, transferred files now I lost my browsers. need help.[/FONT]
Hi all! Brand new BB user with a Pearl 8100 on the Rogers Network in Canada. I used a Treo 650 before, and am soooo glad I switched to BB....LOVE IT!!
I have a few 'newbie' questions...
1. What exactly is the difference between the 'browser' and the 'WAP browser'? Does one use less data than the other? What should I be doing to minimize the amount of data used per month? I only have a medium plan right now which I think allows me 4mB. How fast would this get used up browsing/messaging etc.? The guidelines for the plan only indicate how many emails rec'd/sent that would be.
2. The voice memo option...is there any way to just 'record' and 'save' a voice memo? It seems that I can only 'send' one...grrrrr
3. I figured out how to get NUM lock (thanks to a very informative post by Hayden)...but is there a way to get CAPS lock?? It's a pain to have to hold down the 'shift' key to type all CAPS!
Great Forum...lots of useful information...glad I found you!
hey welcome. I thought Rogers now had unlimited for $15 http://your.rogers.com/store/wireles...QRAF2A4AB598AB
perhaps it's just unlimited for email, and everything else is 4mb??? no clue it's kind of confusing...just took this screenshot 5 minutes ago.
1) try this link
2) not sure about the 8100 but the 8130 allows you to save it.
3) sorry not sure about that one
~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
Links to common questions.
Well at least your manual is an easier read than the 100 page PDF sent to me from TMobile Support.
"Let each one prove what his own work is, ... and not in comparison with the other person." - Gal. 6:4
thanks for excelent guide
Hi everyone, I'm new to BB. I've just got a Pearl from AT&T and the user guide coming with it is also a pdf file...grrrrr
I have enjoyed reading your guide but I'm sure I still have lots to discover about this new toy .
I'm with Rogers too...notice the ** beside 'unlimited'?....Make sure you read the fine print first...they have the right to limit their unlimited...lol "Personal Email on BlackBerry plan is subject to Rogers Acceptable Use Policy"
"Your Service may be subject to a usage limit, as set out in your Service Agreement. Your Internet Services, in particular, has a monthly upload and download bandwidth limit depending on your plan. See rogers.com/uselimits
for the current bandwidth limits for your Internet Service plan. If you exceed the limit set out in your plan, you may be subject to an excessive usage charge. Rogers may change the bandwidth limit, and excessive usage fees, applicable to your Internet Service plan, upon notice to you."
Thanks Cliffr39 for the answer to #1...very simple explanation! :-)
Last edited by pearlywhites35; 01-09-2008 at 08:16 PM.
I hope this will help.
HHEELLPP!! I am on my 5th blackberry pearl and i've had it for about a month now...yesterday when i was transferring data my phone froze so i took out the battery to restart it...i lost some of my most recent pictures i want to know if i can recover those pix thru my blackberry or computer...please HELP! also what can be done so that my phone doesn't freeze as much?
This is so helpfull. Thank the heavens for this site!
I need to learn all I need. I'm new to this site and BB