news.cnet.com : For a while , I was trying to decide if I wanted to ... BlackBerry News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

CNET: How I got my BlackBerry Bold for $30

Advertisement

news.cnet.com: For a while, I was trying to decide if I wanted to ditch my iPhone 3G for the Bold. After some research and hands-on time with Research In Motion's beauty, I decided that it was in my best interest to escape from Apple's grips.

But there was a problem: the BlackBerry Bold is expensive. If you're not eligible for a two-year upgrade, the Bold will set you back $550 at the AT&T store. If you're new to AT&T or eligible for the upgrade price, you pay $399.99.

I didn't want to spend that much on a mobile phone that replaced another expensive gadget. Plus, I wasn't eligible for an upgrade. So I decided to head down to the AT&T store to talk with a representative to figure it all out. And much to my surprise, he and I determined that I would end up paying just $30 for the Bold.

Here's how it worked:

When I spoke with the representative, he informed me that although I wasn't eligible for the upgrade price, my wife's line was. So I used her upgrade option to immediately reduce the price from $550 to $399.99.

[read more]

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    sweet find Cherri!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Schirripal no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2096c6ec
    Nice find I got mine for 200 new before 100 rebate
    Att retention dept oh ya
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    hmm.. im tempted to turn in my iphone now

synseer no está en línea Stack level 1
    Honestly, you could sell an iphone 3g for more than the $272 that guy got for it. which would more than cover the price of the bold especially if u get it unlocked.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Some people are just not comfortable selling on CL or eBay. It is just easier sometimes to trade in, like at a car dealership. But since he was concerned about saving money, it would have made more sense to sell it outright. I think a smooth talking rep and the want it now factor was probably the culprit.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Very clever way on how to save money!

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T
    wow, that's quite a tale. maybe i should try something like this out. too bad i don't have a high valued phone to "trade up"

conker no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249E86E3
    Welcome to BlackBerry Nation! And congratulations on removing those handcuffs!
    You chose wisely:

http://ow.ly/4AjI

Some MUST, MUST have Apps to get you going (these are the apps I absolutely cannot live without):
    Viigo
    BeeJive (get lifetime license)
    AP News
    QuickLaunch
    BerryBuzz
    BerryPopup
    Pandora
    Slacker
    iheartradio
    TwitterBerry
    YATCA
    (UberTwitter looks promising, but still buggy)
    Facebook (I am anti - Facebook, but most people aren't, so it's on this list ))))

Enjoy!!!
    NOT posted from an iPhone

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    Very, very interesting Cherri.....don't have an iPhone but will think up a different scenario..
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

Hasan34 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Nice deal...
    I got mine from my brother for free.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    ok so now i wish i was sittin in texas and getting an ATT connection and getting my bold for $30... times like these... ... i paid $800 for mine... cash...
    i see RED...

jz12b no está en línea Stack level 1
    ATT is offering refurbished BOLDs for free to new customers!!! I called them up and told them I was a 10 year customer, and that I wanted to upgrade my 8100, but I wanted the same deal as anew customer. Well, after about 40 minutes on the phone trying to find the right person to talk to, they processed my request. My "good as new" BOLD is arriving tomorrow, and all I had to pay was the $18 upgrade fee. Now, if I trade in my old BB, I could probably make a few bucks!

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jz12b View Post
    ATT is offering refurbished BOLDs for free to new customers!!! I called them up and told them I was a 10 year customer, and that I wanted to upgrade my 8100, but I wanted the same deal as anew customer. Well, after about 40 minutes on the phone trying to find the right person to talk to, they processed my request. My "good as new" BOLD is arriving tomorrow, and all I had to pay was the $18 upgrade fee. Now, if I trade in my old BB, I could probably make a few bucks!
    Now that's what I call thrifty. Congrats on your new Bold. It is going to be quite a difference from your Pearl.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~