Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've been in the Bolt beta testing program for a while and it's come a ... BlackBerry News forum

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Bolt Browser Out of Beta

Advertisement

I've been in the Bolt beta testing program for a while and it's come a long way. It has become a serious contender for Opera Mini and an app that I hope RIM pays attention to when designing new features for their own upcoming browser. However I received an email this morning from Bolt informing me that they have officially released version 1.5 and that they are finally dropping the beta tag from the title.

With version 1.5 comes the following new features:
    • Cache Support to speed users’ ability to move quickly back and forth between the currently and previously viewed Web pages through the use of backward and forward navigation.
    • Download Manager for easy download of files directly from BOLT and the ability to save them to specific folders on the mobile phone (requires JSR75 support on the device).
    • Support for Streaming Videos of Any Length that overcomes limitations on some phones’ ability to stream videos of longer lengths. The new approach ensures video clips will play on all devices, for any length video.
    • Video Wizard to assist users in configuring their device for optimal video playback.
    • Dedicated Search Bar on home page, for easier and faster online searches.
    • Improved Ability to Manage RSS Feeds by allowing users to arrange and file feeds just as they do with their favorites and bookmarks.
    • Enhancements for Touch Screen Devices such as simple volume controls for the BOLT media player which now offers volume controls on the screen.
    • Enhancements for BOLT Servers in the cloud, which increase the already fast BOLT mobile browser by an additional 10 to 20 percent.

Overall this browser is fast, reliable, and renders pages beautifully for mobile devices. It's definitely worth grabbing for anyone who is looking for a stable alternative to their mobile device's browser. You can download the newest version of their browser, here.
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 10-10-2009 at 03:17 PM. Reason: fixed hotlinked image
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    It has some good features, but is still not without problems, for example as discussed here, when logged in to facebook users are just getting a blank page. Since Opera's latest beta has some serious issues, the newest Bolt makes a good backup for times when the native BB browser just won't do.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Well I guess my post couldn't be put on the front page. I posted it here

http://forums.pinstack.com/f10/bolt_1_5_a-114626/
    BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.122 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Bolt aint got JACK!!! on Opera mini.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Bolt is ok. Looks nice but opera mini is way better. I wish both browsers would auto refresh like the bb browser. Bolt lacks little details...almost there...but just not yet
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.114 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I've been playing with this new version a lot today and I'm actually liking it a bit better then the new OM 5.0 beta. It lets me download files that OM wouldn't. OM would usually just sit there loading. Also, it doesn't take over my BB browsing habits like OM seems to. Both are becoming great browsers and I'm looking forward to more from them both.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Like i said Opera mini is the bomdizzle, the shizznit, the ill nana, oohchiewallie?, top shenanigan, in other words, best bb browser. I never use the stock bb browser...NEVAH!!!!!!!!!!
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    I got it this morn, I like the layout better then OM, seems a bit faster imo as well...cheers
    "good things come to tho's who wait"

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I think its great, very fast. Prefer it to OM but then need to see what OM is like out of beta
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

boxaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A5KM341T
    I couldn't get it to work!

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    works good on my end. what u running on the storm? 5.0? 4.7?
    "good things come to tho's who wait"

boxaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A5KM341T
    9530/4.7.0.167
    BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/126

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    bolt has come a long way-- granted it still needs some tweaks here and there but its way faster and like previously said, it doesnt take over the BB browser
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

thestewside no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256C11B1
    Love the update. Much improved from beta version.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/114 UP.Link/6.3.1.20.06.3.1.20.0
    Last edited by thestewside; 10-08-2009 at 09:41 PM.

xxmrbluntsxx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23551C46
    iy seems to work ok but when i play videos it plays for a second and then stops and starts again.... can some one help?????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast