Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 418

Ok, I fold. I downgraded to Rogers official 4.6.0.282 and ALL my problems went away. ... BlackBerry News forum

  1. #61
    carlsonjc11's Avatar
    carlsonjc11 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    2409F991
    Posts
    12

    Advertisement



    Ok, I fold. I downgraded to Rogers official 4.6.0.282 and ALL my problems went away. I feel like an alcoholic after finally getting with the program - wondering - what was that 'good' thing I thought I was chasing anyway? Battery is great. Memory leaks appear to be completely gone (or very minimal). Pandora, Slacker and Mobitv are perfect. I am back on Facebook again. I know, I know. No guts no glory. Its been fun. But now I am going out to pasture, to be a sheep in the official-release flock. Bye for now or until some other new feature tempts me back off the wagon again.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.282 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

  2. #62
    dlsolo's Avatar
    dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Posts
    457
    Quote Originally Posted by carlsonjc11 View Post
    Ok, I fold. I downgraded to Rogers official 4.6.0.282 and ALL my problems went away. I feel like an alcoholic after finally getting with the program - wondering - what was that 'good' thing I thought I was chasing anyway? Battery is great. Memory leaks appear to be completely gone (or very minimal). Pandora, Slacker and Mobitv are perfect. I am back on Facebook again. I know, I know. No guts no glory. Its been fun. But now I am going out to pasture, to be a sheep in the official-release flock. Bye for now or until some other new feature tempts me back off the wagon again.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.282 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102
    Wow, that just about sounds like me! But I think I'll stick with .100. Seems to be the most stable for my BOLD. And I say my BOLD because it looks like everyones acts different.

    Are you going back to .282 or .291??
    Current OS: Mark Hayes 9550 v2.1 Hybrid
    Driphter.com - Help and Support Team
    Email: dlsolo@driphter.com
    Google Talk: dlsolo@gmail.com

  3. #63
    snipes mcgee's Avatar
    snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    555
    The one thing that's making me stick with 5.0 is the new setting for the notifications.

    The short, medium, and long vibrations and the variations of repeats really helps me decipher what type of messages are coming in, being that my phone is on vibrate 80% of the time.

    I'm using .100 and I've not had really ANY problems at all. The battery is fine and the device is snappy. The ONE thing I notice is that after not having service for a long time (I work in a basement), the phone app might freeze or crash and reboot itself after regaining service (it pretty much just doesn't immediately respond to me pressing the Talk button the first time). The phone itself doesn't reboot, just the app.

    But I think I'm going to stay with the Betas until 5.0 is officially released, just as I did with 4.5 for the curves.
    BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.100 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

  4. #64
    dlsolo's Avatar
    dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Posts
    457
    Quote Originally Posted by snipes mcgee View Post
    The one thing that's making me stick with 5.0 is the new setting for the notifications.

    The short, medium, and long vibrations and the variations of repeats really helps me decipher what type of messages are coming in, being that my phone is on vibrate 80% of the time.

    I'm using .100 and I've not had really ANY problems at all. The battery is fine and the device is snappy. The ONE thing I notice is that after not having service for a long time (I work in a basement), the phone app might freeze or crash and reboot itself after regaining service (it pretty much just doesn't immediately respond to me pressing the Talk button the first time). The phone itself doesn't reboot, just the app.

    But I think I'm going to stay with the Betas until 5.0 is officially released, just as I did with 4.5 for the curves.
    BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.100 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102
    x2
    Current OS: Mark Hayes 9550 v2.1 Hybrid
    Driphter.com - Help and Support Team
    Email: dlsolo@driphter.com
    Google Talk: dlsolo@gmail.com

  5. #65
    carlsonjc11's Avatar
    carlsonjc11 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    2409F991
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by dlsolo View Post
    Wow, that just about sounds like me! But I think I'll stick with .100. Seems to be the most stable for my BOLD. And I say my BOLD because it looks like everyones acts different.

    Are you going back to .282 or .291??
    I went with .282 and am very happy with it.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.282 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

  6. #66
    quillhill's Avatar
    quillhill no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    104
    I think I'm just going to have go back to .100 despite the reboots I had with it since I'm having a ton of other issues with .130 despite really liking it initially. Sigh. Off I go to download it again.
    Thanks to my 'Berry, I'm only an e-mail away.
    Or you could just go see me at myspace.com/quillhill

  7. #67
    snipes mcgee's Avatar
    snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    555
    Anyone with VVM working on 5.0?
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

  8. #68
    quillhill's Avatar
    quillhill no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    104
    Back on .130 and I am going to try and get VVM going later today. Apparently you can activate it in at&t's OLAM. I'll have to scope that out and report back.
    Thanks to my 'Berry, I'm only an e-mail away.
    Or you could just go see me at myspace.com/quillhill

  9. #69
    ealvnv's Avatar
    ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Posts
    3,242
    5.0.0.190 is out guys
    BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.130 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

  10. #70
    snipes mcgee's Avatar
    snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    555
    Ok first off. This browser is amazingly quick! But I need an App World ota if anyone would be so kind as to share... This OS looks and feels really good... That's my best description so far. Really nice!
    BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.190 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

  11. #71
    pdxmatts's Avatar
    pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,702
    Quote Originally Posted by snipes mcgee View Post
    Ok first off. This browser is amazingly quick! But I need an App World ota if anyone would be so kind as to share... This OS looks and feels really good... That's my best description so far. Really nice!
    BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.190 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102
    You can go to this thread to get the BB App World download page.. http://forums.pinstack.com/f227/blackberry_app_world_1_1_released-111546/

  12. #72
    CaCHooKa Man's Avatar
    CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    416
    ive been using this new betafor less than an hour and im gonna go back to .297. the title bars are all messed up on my phone and not having BBM is a major downside. i did get an older version of BBM 5 to work but it didnt have message history or automatic contact restoring.

    this is what my title bars all look like. its like that for sms messages too.


    Last edited by CaCHooKa Man; 08-26-2009 at 08:11 AM.

  13. #73
    disturkis4u's Avatar
    disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    370
    Is there anything that needs to be fixed on .190 like the browser or media player? Or have those been fixed this leak?
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/COC10) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

  14. #74
    snipes mcgee's Avatar
    snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by disturkis4u View Post
    Is there anything that needs to be fixed on .190 like the browser or media player? Or have those been fixed this leak?
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/COC10) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1
    Just the browser fix is needed.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

  15. #75
    disturkis4u's Avatar
    disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    370
    Threaded sms i hear... :P
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/COC10) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •