Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

How do you get the browser to work, without doing the browser fix?? because the ... BlackBerry News forum

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Advertisement

How do you get the browser to work, without doing the browser fix?? because the fix doesn't exactly work correctly.
    BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.100 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

quillhill no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by dlsolo View Post
    How do you get the browser to work, without doing the browser fix?? because the fix doesn't exactly work correctly.
    I tried the browser fix, too, and it didn't work at all for me. I'm not sure if there's any other method at this point.
    Thanks to my 'Berry, I'm only an e-mail away.
    Or you could just go see me at myspace.com/quillhill

PIN/ID
    Ask
    That's the one thing that is really keeping me from making the move to .130.

DCorrea702 no está en línea Stack level 2
    so do u guys suggest upgrading to 5.0 at all?

I love 5.0.xxx but you have to be willing to deal with the quirks and bugs that come with a leaked beta OS. There are third party apps that won't work. It may do weird things. You may decide to downgrade. Personally this .130 build is the best I've used of the 5.0 betas on the Bold. You have to evaluate your comfort level with the potential pitfalls and weigh it against the advantages of having an OS with improved features then decide if it's something you're willing to jump into.
    I've been loading leaked and official OS builds for a few years now. Once I got into the 5.0 betas was when it really got fun. But I'm a geek and don't mind being a guinea pig.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    5.0.0.100 has been the most stable for me. No real issues with software or installing them via OTA. If you don't mind the upgrade process, I think you will enjoy .100.
    Current OS: Mark Hayes 9550 v2.1 Hybrid
    Driphter.com - Help and Support Team
    Email: dlsolo@driphter.com
    Google Talk: dlsolo@gmail.com

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by dlsolo View Post
    5.0.0.100 has been the most stable for me. No real issues with software or installing them via OTA. If you don't mind the upgrade process, I think you will enjoy .100.
    Ditto, been running it with minimal errors since it leaked.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

Unfortunately, I had a number of random reboots on .100 that got progressively worse, but no such issue with .130 for me. But yesterday, and I'm not sure if it's the OS or the phone, my Bold stopped receiving texts. I could send. But I wasn't getting them. Tried everything I could think of when I realized the issue at 3 a.m. Decided to switch phones. I'll have to try further trouble shooting tonight as I have put the BB in time out for now. For some reason the SMS service book just mysteriously disappeared and no amount of trying on my part to restore it would put it back. Argh.

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    My only complaints really are that Yahoo! and GTalk aren't working, and I find it really annoying when I open a link in Viigo or an email and my Home page suddenly loads in another tab over the page I'm trying to load.... lol! So all in all I'm pretty happy- no random reboots but Memory seems to drop like a rock over the course of the day. I suspect Viigo is to blame there.... Anyone know if/when the IM clients that are compatable with 5.0 are gonna be released? Or is it just RIM's way of punishing us for using unreleased OSs?
    I have two very rare photographs. One is a picture of Houdini locking his keys in his car........

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Have you tried palringo Ted is a all in one, and there are some others all in one IM clients that work on 5.0.
    BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.130 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Booooooo, App Error 523. Reset cured it.

ted
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but I'm liking the REM files for attachments. ie I downloaded a WMV Vid that my wife emailed me today and normally I'd have to play around with Roxio to convert it, but it downloaded and Played perfectly! I went to put it up on the lan and work and no one could play it, that's when I noticed the .rem extension- when I went to Roxio I was able to save it to my PC as a normal WMV without having to re-download it at all. Pretty sweet!
    I have two very rare photographs. One is a picture of Houdini locking his keys in his car........

ted
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    Have you tried palringo Ted is a all in one, and there are some others all in one IM clients that work on 5.0.
    BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.130 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102
    Hey E, yeah I downloaded Palringo pretty well straight after I posted that, I don't usually like it because I got spammed like crazy the first time I used it, but I don't use MSN messenger anymore and I haven't noticed any Spam Messages this time around So I'm gonna stick with it for now til The RIM clients work again, I like the look and feel of them better. Not to mention I can leave them logged on where Palringo doesn't seem to like doing that, or when I do leave it in the background it drops the connection and can't seem to log back on for a while.

But all in all, a decent workaround for now Thanx E!

klgmd no está en línea Stack level 3
    I would like to know which version of 5.0 I should try. I have been using the official T-Mobile 4.6.291
    Is it worth trying the 5 or should I stick with the official 291?

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by klgmd View Post
    I have been using the official T-Mobile 4.6.291
    I haven't been able to get to the T-Mobile OS. It asks for a username and password no matter which way I try. Any tips on getting it?

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast