Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728 LastLast

Got it put onto mine, just did an upgrade, no wipe or anything. VVM is ... BlackBerry News forum

captain_tinker no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Got it put onto mine, just did an upgrade, no wipe or anything. VVM is in it, and it works. Voice dialiing works. Bing BB app still doesn't work, Mobile Banking app still doesn't work, I've never ever had to do any sort of thing with a browser fix (I'm on ATT), still not sure what it is, or how you know you need it, but the browser is working fine. In fact, there seem to have been some interesting updates to it, looking in the settings page, and the Go To... page. Still has problems showing the Yahoo icon on my yahoo email addresses. Only show up periodically. The biggest thing I've noticed on this build is that Wi-Fi is having problems. For some reason it won't automatically connect to my home wireless network unless I manually connect it every time. I've tried deleting it from the handset and re-configuring it, but once you reset the handset you need to re-connect to the wireless network every time. On .411 I noticed that in one certain building I would go into, at the far end of it, sometimes it would show SOS instead of the 3G network. It would not re-connect again unless you manually reconnected it. Not sure if this version does that too, but will find out tonight.

-capT

argentmacleod no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Running .464 Got my bb browser back. I had medianet from att when I wasn't on wifi.I lost ALL my contacts, but I use google sync so no problem. Of course all my registrations. Pocket Day,Beejive,Berry weather etc. Funny thing all my saved messages are gone.Anyway nicer format than .411 not as much battery drain.The wifi problem is present it takes longer to self connect. Tinker try single profile in wifi options it helped.

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by ktorres1120 View Post
    I'm running it now and the only problem I have is the "keyboard lock" option is not there anymore. I used to have my left key lock the keyboard but cant find it in the screen/keyboard options anymore.
    I have read elsewhere that the keyboard does not lock anymore unless you have Password Protection enabled.
    ~Lauren

So in .464 do you still have to do the browser fix and/or vvm fix for AT&T Bolds?
    ~Lauren

cestlavie77 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've been using .411 for well over a month w/no issues ... going to give .464 a try just to see what it's like. Thanks for posting the d/l link.

Just downloaded .464
    I didn't have to do VVM or a browser fix which was nice
    So far so good..
    ~Lauren

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    .411 has been so good for me I'm hesitant to try .464
    Hopefully I'll keep hearing good things and will take the leap.

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    I upgraded to 5.0.0.464 about a week ago and overall everything is working good. The only real problem I see with .464 is the problem others have mentioned about connecting to Wi-Fi. If I enable single profile scanning it will connect to the selected access point each time but you have to change profiles every time you want to connect to a different access point. The other option is leaving single profile scanning off and manually connecting every time. Neither way is convenient if you regularly connect to different access points daily like I do.

Quote Originally Posted by alryder View Post
    I upgraded to 5.0.0.464 about a week ago and overall everything is working good. The only real problem I see with .464 is the problem others have mentioned about connecting to Wi-Fi. If I enable single profile scanning it will connect to the selected access point each time but you have to change profiles every time you want to connect to a different access point. The other option is leaving single profile scanning off and manually connecting every time. Neither way is convenient if you regularly connect to different access points daily like I do.
    I have just noticed this regarding .464. Pretty annoying.. I don't get service at my house so I always like to be connected to wifi. After I enable it, I have to scan and connect to my home router..

It used to just connect automatically when I enabled the wifi.
    ~Lauren

sexychocolate no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20FE43D1
    how did u get that new theme cherrichiodo?

sexychocolate no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20FE43D1
    i was thinking the same thing when is the 5.0 version comin out? i tried to do updates yesterday and there arent any whats the deal? what is ATT waiting for?

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Latest leaked beta 5.0.0.509 http://www.berryreview.com/2010/02/2...yReview.com%29
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Downloading now...another big jump!

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Latest leaked beta 5.0.0.509 http://www.berryreview.com/2010/02/2...yReview.com%29
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16
    This build is awesome I've been running it for 3 hours and all apps work I.e opera,pandora,etc.... Also browser seems a lot faster I'm steady at 33mb I haven't checked the wifi but reports are saying its fixed, they seem to have shrunkin the font on the home screen looks a lot cleaner. I'm loving the build

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Yes wifi works