Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

When do you guys think the official Bold1 OS will come out for AT&T..? I ... BlackBerry News forum

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

Advertisement

When do you guys think the official Bold1 OS will come out for AT&T..?

I have yet to try a beta 5.0 because I have heard there are so many problems with the browser.
    Are people still having problems with this?

I am really thinking and downloading a beta but don't want to deal with any big problems..
    ~Lauren

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Lauren, yeah, that is the biggest headache when upgrading to 5.0 ... if you find curiousity getting the best of you, the procedure to restore the browser isn't too difficult and can be done pretty quickly. I for one am back on 4.6 after some nightmare upgrades last week. I think each bb (with different 3rd party apps installed) is dif, bc I see so many people NOT having issues ...

Thanks for the response cherri

When do you think there will be an official OS upgrade from AT&T now that there is a new bold with OS 5.0
    ~Lauren

PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by lauren25 View Post
    Thanks for the response cherri

When do you think there will be an official OS upgrade from AT&T now that there is a new bold with OS 5.0
    I wouldn't even begin to try and guess Hopefully its soon. I won't be able to get a new Bold2 for awhile and now that I have had the taste of OS 5.0, I want it even more

I won't be able to get the Bold2 for a while too unfortunately.
    But that's ok I love my Bold1 and it does everything I need it too. Hopefully 5.0 is around the corner..
    ~Lauren

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    i doubt the official update from ATT will come any time soon. if they release it now, thered really be no point in getting the 9700 and ATT wouldnt want that. i mean it has a better camera and stuff like that but it isnt that significant of an update.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man View Post
    i doubt the official update from ATT will come any time soon. if they release it now, thered really be no point in getting the 9700 and ATT wouldnt want that. i mean it has a better camera and stuff like that but it isnt that significant of an update.
    look again, then go try one out. there's a lot more to it than a camera upgrade. Don't prejudge, its bad for your health.

rsammon977 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    219DFA34
    Amen! There's waaaaaaaaaay more to the 9700 than 5.0 and a new camera.

What are some of the newer features to this Bold? Besides the 5.0 upgrade..

I mean I would loove the new Bold but I really don't see that many upgrades coming from the people I heard from who bought it..
    ~Lauren

PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by rsammon977 View Post
    Amen! There's waaaaaaaaaay more to the 9700 than 5.0 and a new camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    look again, then go try one out. there's a lot more to it than a camera upgrade. Don't prejudge, its bad for your health.
    For those who are using a 9000 Bold, it really isn't that much dif. I agree that ATT most likely NOT be releasing an official OS 5.0 for the 9000 anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by lauren25 View Post
    What are some of the newer features to this Bold? Besides the 5.0 upgrade..

I mean I would loove the new Bold but I really don't see that many upgrades coming from the people I heard from who bought it..
    Unless you have an upgrade and can get it for those outrageous upgrade prices like $30, I would wait.

I downloaded the beta 5.0.0.238 and after 24 hours or so of using it I am having no problems at all. I had to do the browser fix on AT&T, but with the help of another thread it was very easy.
    Last edited by lauren25; 12-05-2009 at 01:49 AM.
    ~Lauren

criminala no está en línea Stack level 2
    ow cmon RIM ,bring out the official 5.0 already and make us happy
    Last edited by criminala; 12-08-2009 at 10:45 AM.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Its not RIM, its the carriers. Load .238, you'll be more than happy and forget all about that hoopla about"official"(still laugh at that) OS's.

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    I finally took the plunge and loaded .238 yesterday and I'm loving it! Now I just have to get over my nervousness about installing 3rd Party apps for fear that I will screw something up.
    Is anyone running any of the Bellshare apps on 5.0? I have BerryWeather, BerryPopup and BerryBuzz and I am really missing them. Any info on these apps and 5.0 compatibility would be appreciated!

I'm on .238 and I have berrybuzz (everything works except adding custom colors for me), and berryweather which is flawless imo. I don't have berry popup though. If everything is working great I doubt loading 3rd party apps will do any harm. I have other apps installed plus a ton of themes. I have also noticed that a lot of 4.6 themes work for me on 5.0.