Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

http://www.blackberry.com/blackberrymessenger... BlackBerry News forum

rsammon977 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    219DFA34

Advertisement

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by rsammon977 View Post
    Was hoping someone could help me. I LOOOVE the 5.0 os, but there's ONE thing it did that made me downgrade. On 4.6 while I'm listening to music and I get a message (sms, msn, bbm, etc) the alert plays OVER the music. On the 5.0 I tried, the sounds would STOP my music. I can't have this. Could someone PLEASE try the new 314 that's out and see if it does that to them? Please let me know ASAP pin:208E032D

Thanks
    Richard
    Confirmed, it's back to how it was on 4.6.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

rsammon977 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    219DFA34
    Awesome

Ok I have a slight problem/annoyance.

I have unbranded Bold, and I'm running .314, was just previously running .238. And I'm on AT&T. Does anyone have an idea on whether it's possible for VVM to work on an unbranded unit? I have it enabled in my account but I'm still getting those weird text messages... Any help is appreciated.

And if there's no solution I'll just rebrand my Bold :-/
    Last edited by snipes mcgee; 10-24-2009 at 02:59 PM.

quillhill no está en línea Stack level 3
    Damn, no working download links. Guess I'll just have to try again later today.
    Thanks to my 'Berry, I'm only an e-mail away.
    Or you could just go see me at myspace.com/quillhill

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Anyone else having random reboot issues or is just me? Check back after the following reboot lol

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by snipes mcgee View Post
    Ok I have a slight problem/annoyance.

I have unbranded Bold, and I'm running .314, was just previously running .238. And I'm on AT&T. Does anyone have an idea on whether it's possible for VVM to work on an unbranded unit? I have it enabled in my account but I'm still getting those weird text messages... Any help is appreciated.

And if there's no solution I'll just rebrand my Bold :-/
    Brand to vendor ID 1 or 179 and it will work.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    epic fail on me last night with the install. im back on 4.6.0.303

couldn't get it to stop rebooting

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    epic fail on me last night with the install. im back on 4.6.0.303

couldn't get it to stop rebooting
    Wiped it and everything?
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

PIN/ID
    ask me
    I did wiped and everything and still the same, no fix, will try again later tonight to see if I'm lucky.

CrunchDude no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hmm...This was the easiest and fastest upgrade that I have ever undergone. You will need the Visual Voice Mail files, and the AT&T browser service books.

5.0.0.314 is likely the final beta. They seem to be working on the visuals of every screen. .314 just looks "gorgeous" with color fading effects, special icons, etc. I no longer have any incompatibility issues with any apps either, and BBM 5.0.0.33 integrates into it just perfectly. AT&T users: Visual Voicemail is not part of this, so you need the VVM and, as always, the Browser service books.

I'd be happy to send them to you if you want.
    It's all about the Berry! BlackBerry Bold 9000 OS 5.0.0.314 w/ BBM 5.0.0.33...works like a final build| ...awaiting release of BlackBerry Bold 9700 w/ HSPA 7.2! :D

quillhill no está en línea Stack level 3
    I did the browser fix on .238 using BBSAK and did a straight upgrade so the browser continues to work. Looks like I will need to install the VVM files.
    It is definitely snappier, especially when viewing files on the media card and just moving around from app to app or in menu screens, and I like the aesthetic tweaks as well. I agree, CrunchDude, this seems like the final beta before the 9700 with a final 5.0 release comes out in a few weeks.
    There are a few little bugs but I can deal with them ... the wallpaper thing when you have a custom theme (white screen away from home screen) or my custom text message tone doesn't work with contacts that have custom ringers. While the latest version of Facebook works, I was having some issues with it, particularly with the calendar stuff showing even though I don't want the FB calendar showing up and change the settings accordingly. Just decided to delete the FB app for now. I may re-download later.

Really digging this beta, though.

Oh, and the unexplained uncaught exception I was getting on .238 at boot up is now gone with .314. Yay.
    Thanks to my 'Berry, I'm only an e-mail away.
    Or you could just go see me at myspace.com/quillhill

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    It seems like only when I start a 2-day flight, a new beta comes out. Once I get to a hotel, I'll give it a shot.

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    Hmm...This was the easiest and fastest upgrade that I have ever undergone. You will need the Visual Voice Mail files, and the AT&T browser service books.

5.0.0.314 is likely the final beta. They seem to be working on the visuals of every screen. .314 just looks "gorgeous" with color fading effects, special icons, etc. I no longer have any incompatibility issues with any apps either, and BBM 5.0.0.33 integrates into it just perfectly. AT&T users: Visual Voicemail is not part of this, so you need the VVM and, as always, the Browser service books.

I'd be happy to send them to you if you want.
    is there some quick instructions to do the browser fix? I went from 4.6 to 5.0.0.314. does bbm 5.0 work with this?
    Michael

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    i just followed the instructions using CrackUtil and a ATT service books and now I cannot play my media does NOT work...crap. any ideas?
    Michael