Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

First off, let's confirm the huge news: RIM's abandoned the original Storm's SurePress click-screen and ... BlackBerry News forum

  1. #1
    hayden's Avatar
    hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    12,440

    BlackBerry Storm 2: the official unofficial hands-on

    Advertisement



    First off, let's confirm the huge news: RIM's abandoned the original Storm's SurePress click-screen and gone with a traditional fixed capacitive display for the sequel. It's over, guys. Via Engadget

    Read More

  2. #2
    srl7741's Avatar
    srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Posts
    6,359
    Yeah, no more SurePress. I think most will like this. I hope they can't click thru because the new Touch screen does not work? Hehehe j/k ing.
    I'm sure the new Touch screen will be an improvement over the first gen.
    Last edited by srl7741; 05-25-2009 at 08:23 PM.

  3. #3
    curve247's Avatar
    curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Posts
    2,098
    this will be interesting. it seems like its very well put together. any thoughts on verizon's exclusive contract with RIM on this one?
    "T-Dub"
    T- Mo: BB 9700, 8900, 8220
    Sprint: BB 8330, 8830, 8130, 8703, 7250

    But there's a beautiful view of the end of the world from the pier.....

  4. #4
    taynepope's Avatar
    taynepope no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    66

    How soon is storm 1 on the way out

    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    First off, let's confirm the huge news: RIM's abandoned the original Storm's SurePress click-screen and gone with a traditional fixed capacitive display for the sequel. It's over, guys. Via Engadget

    Read More
    That is good news. Just a curious point though.

    Vzw has been running the b1g1 promo for almost 60 days now (i've checked w/ my local stores) and I think that the 2nd gen storm is coming in the next 60 days or less b/c of the way VZW is depleting the stash of bb's that they currently carry to make way for the new ones (storm 2, driftwood etc)

    What does everyone think?

  5. #5
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Posts
    6,673
    Quote Originally Posted by taynepope View Post
    That is good news. Just a curious point though.

    Vzw has been running the b1g1 promo for almost 60 days now (i've checked w/ my local stores) and I think that the 2nd gen storm is coming in the next 60 days or less b/c of the way VZW is depleting the stash of bb's that they currently carry to make way for the new ones (storm 2, driftwood etc)

    What does everyone think?
    i think it has more to do with verizons strategy to promote their data plans than it has to do with them getting rid of inventory.
    lighten up...life's too short

    my favorite cydia apps and hacks

  6. #6
    curve247's Avatar
    curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Posts
    2,098
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    i think it has more to do with verizons strategy to promote their data plans than it has to do with them getting rid of inventory.
    I think its a combo of both. VZW is suppose to release the Tour and Pearl Flip shortly so i think they are working every angle they can.
    "T-Dub"
    T- Mo: BB 9700, 8900, 8220
    Sprint: BB 8330, 8830, 8130, 8703, 7250

    But there's a beautiful view of the end of the world from the pier.....

  7. #7
    pedron's Avatar
    pedron no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1
    I wonder how Verizon will deal with the batch of customers who are now on a 2-year plan with the first storm. I know they'll most probably support it unti lthe end of the terms but i wonder if they'll consider upgrading the OS and keep working with RIMM to make it better in general. I mean when storm 2 is out i hope the first generation stormers are not swept under the carpet, in a manner of speaking ...

    Any thoughts on that?

    Pedro

  8. #8
    srl7741's Avatar
    srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Posts
    6,359
    I still feel like the Storm 2 is what the original Storm was suppose to be and RIM was rushed in the release. Everything seem to be a disaster. I am looking forward to touching the new one and seeing all the improvements. I would hope they offer the current users some sort of deal to update to the newer phone.

  9. #9
    hayden's Avatar
    hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    12,440
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    I still feel like the Storm 2 is what the original Storm was suppose to be and RIM was rushed in the release. Everything seem to be a disaster. I am looking forward to touching the new one and seeing all the improvements. I would hope they offer the current users some sort of deal to update to the newer phone.
    I'll give a go also. Esp now that "surepress" is gone.

  10. #10
    taynepope's Avatar
    taynepope no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by pedron View Post
    I wonder how Verizon will deal with the batch of customers who are now on a 2-year plan with the first storm. I know they'll most probably support it unti lthe end of the terms but i wonder if they'll consider upgrading the OS and keep working with RIMM to make it better in general. I mean when storm 2 is out i hope the first generation stormers are not swept under the carpet, in a manner of speaking ...

    Any thoughts on that?

    Pedro
    My thoughts on that is this:it is my hope that 1st geners are given some form of disct to upgrade OR at least given the option to upgrade w/ another 2 yr contract.

    But as I stated in a previous post, it seems that VZW is paring down their bb inventory in anticipation of the new phones. I guess we'll see what happens in the next 6wks w/ the plethora of new smartphone releases.

  11. #11
    taynepope's Avatar
    taynepope no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    I still feel like the Storm 2 is what the original Storm was suppose to be and RIM was rushed in the release. Everything seem to be a disaster. I am looking forward to touching the new one and seeing all the improvements. I would hope they offer the current users some sort of deal to update to the newer phone.
    Although I have the curve, I feel that what you have stated is probably closer to the truth than many of the leadership at RIM want to publicly admit.

  12. #12
    lat_05_69's Avatar
    lat_05_69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    123
    What about wifi?? Anything on that???
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

  13. #13
    srl7741's Avatar
    srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Posts
    6,359
    Quote Originally Posted by lat_05_69 View Post
    What about wifi?? Anything on that???
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    I read somewhere else that WiFi was being added but I can't recall or find the article at the moment. Let's hope there is WiFi.
    A Smartphone w/o WiFi will be hard to swallow.

  14. #14
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Posts
    6,673
    Quote Originally Posted by lat_05_69 View Post
    What about wifi?? Anything on that???
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    yes wifi was rumored
    lighten up...life's too short

    my favorite cydia apps and hacks

  15. #15
    lat_05_69's Avatar
    lat_05_69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    123
    I'm sold!!!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •