Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Via BGR While the launch of the BlackBerry Storm2 on Verizon is widely expected to ... BlackBerry News forum

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

BlackBerry OS 5.0 to be released for existing devices starting this week?

Advertisement

Via BGR

While the launch of the BlackBerry Storm2 on Verizon is widely expected to take place on October 28th and the Bold 9700 is so close we can almost taste it, owners of current generation BlackBerry smartphones — the Pearl Flip 8220/8230, Curve 8300/8310/8320/8330/8350i/8900, Bold 9000, Storm 9500/9530 and Tour 9630 —

Read more

automan69 no está en línea Stack level 3

Do you think your BlackBerry will get OS 5.0?

Wondering If Your Blackberry Will Get OS 5.0? Here is An Official List Of Supported Devices!

Thanks to a new Knowledge base article posted by RIM we now know exactly which Blackberry devices will get it!

List of the supported devices:
    • BlackBerry® Pearl™ Flip 8200 series smartphones
    • BlackBerry® Curve™ 8330 smartphones
    • BlackBerry® Curve™ 8350i smartphones
    • BlackBerry® Curve™ 8900 smartphones
    • BlackBerry® Bold™ 9000 smartphones
    • BlackBerry® Storm™ 9500 series smartphones
    • BlackBerry® Tour™ 9630 smartphones
    Your BlackBerry must have at least 64MB of available memory in order to upgrade to OS 5.0 once it’s available.
    According to the knowledge base article not all wireless service providers will support BlackBerry OS 5.0 for the devices listed above, meaning you might have to get it from another service provider. This isn’t a problem for those that don’t mind using an OS not issued by their carrier.

Here’s to hoping an OS 5.0 launch for all devices is just around the corner.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wouldn't it be nice if when ever we messed up our live we could simply press ' Ctrl Alt Delete' and start all over??

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    The list of phones in the KB article makes more sense than the one from boygenius. I was wondering how they were going to get the 8310s etc. to function on 5.0

I wonder if it will be the same version for the 8330 as the one that leaked...if so, I will stay with 4.5. I hated giving up half my apps just to free up memory....even then I was dropping from 28mb file free to 7mb in a matter of hours
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I don't understand why it is like that for you. On my 8330 as well as my Storm I haven't found a single app that hasn't been compatible. Very strange.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I think she meant that she removed apps to have more memory for 5.0. Not that they were incompatable.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Yep that's correct. The only app that wouldn't work for me was vlingo
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

dklimah no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Compatibility will be an issue? Great.

JaidedFocus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    262A279E
    It looks like they've leaked 5.0 for the Bold 9000 and the 8900. I downloaded it for the 8900 and it seems to be working fine so far. Here is the link:
    http://www.intomobile.com/2009/10/24...urve-8900.html

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I have had 5.0 on my Storm since it hit the net. The first release was crap but the second one leaked the other day is nothing short of awesome. I think if BB users give it a try with the Official release they will love it. I think RIM is trying very hard to catch back up with the android, iPhone and Windows devices coming out. I just hope thier not to late. I even keep finding myself pondering the new Windows device or the up coming Android on Verizon as my next upgrade. Right now the S2 is where I am going but each day I read more about the other platforms and ask if BB is really giving me all I want from a smartphone. 5.0 is a definite improvement but is it to little to late?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Been reading and searching online and it appears if rumors are correct at least the Storm 5.0 will be available for Verizon after 6 pm tomarrow. Of course like everything else in the Blackberry world this is just Internet rumor. I myself have never seen an Official release on Sunday it has always seemed to me they show up on Mondays or Fridays but who knows.

jhutton12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7BB5F94A
    I pray that the os comes very soon so that my beloved Tour may enjoy the ride of threaded messages! many people want to jump ship with the new devices coming out, androids, iphones toys, wimo,sounds to me like flipmo! Oh well I love blackberry, and rim also has to have strategies in their business but nobody wants to understand that from their behalf! They are pacing themselves in what they are doing so please understand them at least! They are not going to put out everything at one time! That's why I love blackberry because when they do something and work it and tweak it they, at the long run have a better more secured oriented and stable product. I love blackberry and Rim keep the good job.

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    What's gonna be the diffrence the new leak is .323? And do u think they bring back tabbed browsing from .290? I mean I've yet to have issues with this leak except pandora it seems to stop at 26 seconds left in the song

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    Drdoom!
    I'm having the same issue with pandora as you!!
    What device are you using?
    I'm on the beta os for the tour (5.0.0.230) haven't seen another viable alternative. That .273 was trash. Still waiting on the supposed .283 that is coming out.
    Tabbed browsing!? Wow I totally missed that one! I hope that is comes back! I h8 not having a tabbed browser!

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by JaidedFocus View Post
    It looks like they've leaked 5.0 for the Bold 9000 and the 8900. I downloaded it for the 8900 and it seems to be working fine so far. Here is the link:
    http://www.intomobile.com/2009/10/24...urve-8900.html
    Downloading it now. Any major changes over .238?
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    No tabbed browser on the 8900 version. ::sad face::
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast