Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Hmm...yea this "upgrade" is quite buggy. I re formatted the memory card and re added ... BlackBerry News forum

glamswagger no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249E5FE7

Advertisement

Hmm...yea this "upgrade" is quite buggy. I re formatted the memory card and re added pics, everything seemed fine until I opened a folder and bam! It restarts. I'm done with this release. I'll wait for att's version. It functions well without the mem card...I'll be going back to 4.2 tonight. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ernsalas no está en línea Stack level 3
    I can say i tried it and worked good for about 2 minutes, took out media card-no help. had to down grade to 4.2.
    4.5 is just not worth the hassle, it is too unstable.
    I will wait for the release from TMO.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    I have a feeling when your service provider releases the official 4.5 OS it wont be buggy anymore. I could be wrong, but I hope not.
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    Quote Originally Posted by tws777 View Post
    I have .18 and I think I'm going to stick with it until a local carrier releases Official 4.5. I am reading too many issues for this to be a final bugless OS. Seems that the .37 from Vodafone is the same as the beta.
    This has been confirmed already. They are exactly the same.

mitchie55 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246ceeba
    Have .37 running great on an 8120, it previously had memory issues. 2 days and counting without a restart.

sjb4 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by dallas1125 View Post
    Check the original pinstack thread's and they warn you.

I figured out some stuff. First, to get OS 4.5 to work all you need to do is configure it. I have 4.5.0.37 from vodafone running flawlessly on my 8100 except for some incapable applications which should be expected.
    So what did you have to configure to make it work so well? Were you able to correct the camera issues? How about the solid LED that remains after reading messages?

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I never had problems with the camera, the solid led stays, but vs be turned of by turning off the device. Color pearl works except I can't change colors, I can still toggle it on and off. I will type a how to on the configuration later. Have any of your tried out the new browser? I had issues with the text box for a bit till I figured it out.

jrleny no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24b40cdf
    .42 does not display voice mail notification when a voice mail is received.
    .42 and .37 erases BB contacts during a hard reboot. BB contacts must be restored from a Back up.
    .42 and .37 Media playback is somewhat lower in volume then .18
    .37 UMA does not work.
    .37 and .42 Sometimes encounter a JVM error which forces a reboot.

Overall it is a stable Beta release.

John
    jrleny@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by echohead View Post
    Hi

With the official .37 out there and the unofficial .42 in Beta has anyone used both ? What's the difference ? The official .37 version seems to still have problems...were these sorted out in the .42 Beta and / or are there new issues ?

Can't see much point in changing to an "official" version if it's not as good as a later Beta ?!

Any comments ?

Thanks

robertmrome no está en línea Stack level 3
    Has anyone who uses AT&T figured out how to remove PTT??

earthsfc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2060125F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    No I backed up my BB and all the 3rd party apps got reinstalled when I restored my data after the update. Howwever I do need to reset a couple of my licenses but its pretty painless and the 4.5 OS is well worth the work. I suggest updating to it. But just a warning once I had completed the update my BB sat at the loading screen for about 30-40 minutes I thought I had screwed something up but it worked fine gots to have patience. Also at first the new OS will run very slow. But now 16 hours after I update to 4.5 it runs smooth and at normal speeds.

lew2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by robertmrome View Post
    Has anyone who uses AT&T figured out how to remove PTT??
    Delete the KnJCDE.cod and net_rim_bb_phone_ptt_app.cod files from the Java subdirectory and re-run Apploader.

More detailed info here on Pinstack somewhere, do a search for one of the above files if you need more help.

-- Lew

vanravd no está en línea Stack level 1

GPS not functioning after upgrade

I am using a Curve 8310 and noticed that the GPS doesn't work after upgrading to 4.5. Is there something specific needed to turn it on? I have used it quite a bit in the past without issue - Google Maps and GPSed. Both do not connect to the GPS radio now...

I have gone into Advanced Options \ GPS and verified the GPS service was on: GPS Data Source = Device GPS, GPS Services = Location ON, Location Aiding = Enabled.

I also did a battery pull. Still get GPS Refresh Failed error message

Resolved: Not an upgrade issue...
    Last edited by vanravd; 06-16-2008 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Additional Info

fieryknight no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2425F228

Vondafone new OS is just like the beta

I've been ready everyones post on the new vondafone OS and from what I see its pretty much still the beta OS except that its the official beta from vondafone. All problems you are having on the OS I have on the beta, so pretty much its not worth it to download the OS from vondafone.

CountryMud no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249DF3DF
    Quote Originally Posted by claykin View Post
    Camera still does not work properly. White balance is totally off. Pictures in sunlight are washed out and totally white. Thanks RIM.
    Same here... Great..

meme405 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Mine runs faster...than before.

I love it, now i just need a new trackball and keyboard. And im set for blackberry heaven...

Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast