Page 46 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4142434445464748495051 ... LastLast

how do u upgrade the curve 8320? i did everything i am suppost to. such ... BlackBerry News forum

joshuav50 no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

how do u upgrade the curve 8320? i did everything i am suppost to. such as, download the desktop manager, the new device software os 4.5 and several other kinds and delete the vendor file but when i plug in my fone and start the desktop manager it doesnt show any updates the desktop manager to upgrade my fone. do u have any idea on what i should do? am i suppost to ghost my curve before i upgrade?

galarson no está en línea Stack level 1
    joshuav50, I've been trying to upgrade the last couple of days with plenty of issues myself. What I have found, in answer to your question, is that it will do that on mine as well. I have had to "re-install" the 4.5 update to get DM to recognize the "device update"; I think it has to do with some registry linking, but that's a whole other deal. I've found the vendor file pops up on a couple of occasions (comp restart, DM process restart, etc...), just keep an eye out for that, 'cause that seems to prevent it from seeing the "update" as well.

For everyone else, I've tried Vodafone d/l from Australia, d/l from US Cellular, both for the 8130, both 4.5 update, as well as the vodafone d/l from Germany for the '8100'. Each was installed/removed on separate occasions, so there was no overlap to interfere with the upgrade. Each one had to be installed twice, as I stated previously, I think due to some missing link-age... After the second install, DM (ver. 4.6) would recognize and prep for upgrade. Now the strange part: Upgrade starts, phone reboots, and the status is "Connecting Boot ROM". After phone completes the reboot process, the status window closes, and DM shows "fatal error occurred. please try again." Only I can't; it seems to affect the usb driver to the point that windows doesn't recognize the device is plugged in, and DM doesn't see it either. I have shortened a long process of re-loading DM, and clearing out the registry of erroneous values, but at this point, I'm giving up on the upgrade until Verizon comes out with something... unless someone else has had this problem?

amccaffery18 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    249FCFC7
    i did it i cant believe it it was so easy im new at stuff thanks for the great instructions.. i was so scared i was going to fry my bb ..but i didnt ......thanks again your the greatest

csxspecialagent no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have read most of this thread. I followed the directions and have the new os on my 8300 with no problems, none , nata Thanks for all the info

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Nice work, guys!

aboogy58 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305AE3CF
    can someone piont me in the right spot because i cant find this file for nothing

Notorious170 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by joshuav50 View Post
    how do u upgrade the curve 8320? i did everything i am suppost to. such as, download the desktop manager, the new device software os 4.5 and several other kinds and delete the vendor file but when i plug in my fone and start the desktop manager it doesnt show any updates the desktop manager to upgrade my fone. do u have any idea on what i should do? am i suppost to ghost my curve before i upgrade?
    first thing you want to do is create a backup using the DTM. then go to

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files.

there will be a folder/s listed by device number-OS. ensure the new OS folder is there and delete the old version. restart DTM. should work for you.

angeldaddy01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2471bab9
    HELP!!! I downloaded the os 4.5.0.81 for my TMO 8320 and everything works great....except my battery dies! I have to charge it 3 times/day, when previously I was chraging once a day and the batt was half full...I backed it up before I did it but I can't go back to the prior os 4.5 I was using when the world was right...how can I fix this? (And I work for TMO!?!?!?)

BTW...I get the double arrow CONSTANTLY! Every 1-3 seconds it's like it's trying to find the network but I get calls, msgs, email, all data works...
    please advise!
    Last edited by angeldaddy01; 10-28-2008 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Forgot something

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Ok, I have 4.5.0.77 on my Sprint 8330. NO ISSUES AT ALL!!! My question is, what it the newest version of 4.5 that is available, and what differences will it have from the .77 version? Is it worth upgrading again?
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

mcsd362 no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~problem here, I have downloaded the dm4.6 and the upgrade for my phone. I have also deleted the vendor file and when I hook up my phone dm still don't find the update. What do I have to do to make it work? I'm using att 8310 curve. Please help

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Is this your first 4.5 upgrade?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yes it is

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i downloaded the os off a link u gave me earlier today rogro but it don't work

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Did you install it to your pc and delete vendor.xml and so on?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yes I installed dm 4.6 and upgrade restarted pc deleted vendor file and still nothing