Page 43 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748 ... LastLast

OK so what do us Apple Mac users do? The 4.5 OS upgrade is a ... BlackBerry News forum

nanbil no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

OK so what do us Apple Mac users do? The 4.5 OS upgrade is a windows file and will not open on my Mac.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You'll need to find a PC to use or set up a Windows partition on your Mac. Sorry!

I believe there was an announcement recently, however, that RIM will be releasing more tools for Mac users and the ability to use the Desktop Manager seems like a logical choice!

Sparky1254 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    News Flash! (If I'm not behind in just one single day.) I spoke with a help
    technician via our AT&T 611 help line. After resolving a problem we had I inquired
    with the agent when AT&T was going to release our BB DM v4.5 officially for us to
    use. She told me she's been using it for over a month and it IS already Officially
    released to download from blackberry's site. (I didn't know this just in case some
    of you already did)

Sparky, It's a New Day!

firozdungarsi no está en línea Stack level 1
    hi guys,
    i have a srious problem, i tried to install OS 4.5, it did install but at the end gave me "fatal error". now problem is i cant get the connection to the phone. when i update again, it looses connection inbetween. have tried more than 10times but same problem. the handset is blank - any help?

firozdungarsi no está en línea Stack level 1

Fatal Error

I tried to install the 4.5 OS on my BB 8300. at last is told me fatal error. i cant go back the phone is blank. when i try again with application loader, it would give me what updates to install, it would ask me to select a device and enter the password but when it tries to communicate with the device, it cant. thats where i dont know what way forward??

HELP HELP HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

CathWillows10 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24B03C46
    Hey guys I need to revert my os back to 4.2...how do I do this?

tweezak no está en línea Stack level 2
    Kinda wishing I hadn't bought an 8820 now. Seems amazing that what was basically their flagship phone early this year is the last to get an OS upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by CathWillows10 View Post
    Hey guys I need to revert my os back to 4.2...how do I do this?
    Cath,

Make sure the 4.2 OS is on you PC and delete the 4.5 OS from the PC, connect the device to the PC, launch DM and it should prompt you for the downgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by firozdungarsi View Post
    I tried to install the 4.5 OS on my BB 8300. at last is told me fatal error. i cant go back the phone is blank. when i try again with application loader, it would give me what updates to install, it would ask me to select a device and enter the password but when it tries to communicate with the device, it cant. thats where i dont know what way forward??

HELP HELP HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

SLVR6 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    G PONG!
    Quote Originally Posted by tweezak View Post
    Kinda wishing I hadn't bought an 8820 now. Seems amazing that what was basically their flagship phone early this year is the last to get an OS upgrade.
    Just use the Vodafone Australia version, link in my signature.
    7105t -> 8320 -> Storm2 (returned, yuck!) -> 9700 - at&t - 5.0.0.536

gregnm369 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Do you think there would be any issues using the Vodafone 8820 4.5 software on a T-mobile phone?

Airic04 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi everyone. I have spent 2 days TRYING to upgrade my Curve 8310 4.2v to the new 4.5v. I have done almost everything I can think of but for some reason afte I download DM 4.6, and download and the OS update, Install new 4.5 OS, Delete Vendor file, and run DM , the update OS window does not come up, and DM says i have the current OS version.

PLEASE PLEASE some help!!!! I have whiped my BB clean, and tried the steps as well. for some reason after I install the OS 4.5 update, DM won't reconize it to install it on my BB.. Please guys I would love to have the new 4.5 please i'll try anything.

Quote Originally Posted by gregnm369 View Post
    Do you think there would be any issues using the Vodafone 8820 4.5 software on a T-mobile phone?
    No, there should be no issue. OS's are device specific. Doesn't matter what carrier they come from as long as you follow these instructions.

If you're using a media card, I would suggest removing that from the device prior to the upgrade process.

Quote Originally Posted by Airic04 View Post
    Hi everyone. I have spent 2 days TRYING to upgrade my Curve 8310 4.2v to the new 4.5v. I have done almost everything I can think of but for some reason afte I download DM 4.6, and download and the OS update, Install new 4.5 OS, Delete Vendor file, and run DM , the update OS window does not come up, and DM says i have the current OS version.

PLEASE PLEASE some help!!!! I have whiped my BB clean, and tried the steps as well. for some reason after I install the OS 4.5 update, DM won't reconize it to install it on my BB.. Please guys I would love to have the new 4.5 please i'll try anything.
    Okay, let's take this from the top, then, shall we?

1. Do a backup of your device.
    2. Completely wipe your device using the instructions in this thread.
    3. Uninstall the device OS from your PC.
    4. Uninstall the Desktop Manager from your PC (and then follow the instructions in this thread).
    5. Reboot your PC.
    6. Download and install Desktop Manager 4.6.
    7. Download and install whatever device software you wish to upgrade to.
    8. Reboot your PC.
    9. Delete the vendor.xml file from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader.
    10. If you're running Vista, disable the User Account Control (UAC) in Control Panel>User Accounts.
    11. Connect your device to the PC.
    12. Launch Desktop Manager.

Hopefully from this point you'll be able to insall the OS and restore your data using the backup you created in step 1.