Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

sorry for all the trouble, i figured it out!... BlackBerry News forum

jakaro no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

sorry for all the trouble, i figured it out!

YKevinR no está en línea Stack level 1
    nevermind, I figured out my problem. Vista's UAC sucks! turned it off and everything worked perfectly.....so far

darrenraymond no está en línea Stack level 1
    hi guys. Need a little help if you can.
    Im sure this question has been asked thousands of times so if i can make it 1001 please dont go mad.

Im looking to install the new 4.5 OS to my Blackberry 8310R but without a pc at home and restrictions at my library im finding it dificult.

Is tehre away i can save it to a USB stcok and then transfer it via the data cable without using the desktop manager software.

All help will be much appreciated.

Darren

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Unfortunately, you'll either need a PC and/or the Desktop Manager to upgrade your OS, Darren.

Thanks very much for the fast reply.

I sent my friend a text asking if i could upload the software to his computer and do it like that and he said no probs.

Is it just a matter of installing the desktop software. Getting the 4.5 OS file and transfer like that?

Whats all new to the 4.5 software.

thanks once again

Pretty much, Darren. You can get your OS from here and the DM from here.

4.5.0.81 is the latest OS for the 8310. There are a couple of places to download from, but it's Vodafone - Netherlands/Australia/Fiji that I think you're looking for.

Instructions for the upgrade can be found here.

Don't hesitate to post back with any questions. We're here to help!

Roger

Here is what the 4.5 OS brings to your Curve:

• BlackBerry Maps with Points of Interest (H)
    • Improved media player with playlist support and automatic playlist generation (H)
    • Voice note recording (H)
    • Video recording on Curve models (H)
    • Streaming support for YouTube and Sling Player (H)
    • Microsoft Office document editing with DocumentsToGo (H)
    • Native format attachment downloading (S)
    • HTML e-mails (S)
    • Over-the-air device upgrades (S)
    • Free/busy calendar lookup (S)
    • Searching the server for old e-mail messages (S)

H=Handheld
    S=Server Side (BlackBerry Internet Service)

Thanks for that.

I have my contract with o2 uk. I have already found the link though. Have had the phone now for 6-7months and loving it but if i new as much about them then as i did now id of held out for the Bold. Its a lovely looking phone.

Thankyou. I'll be in touch sure if i need any more help.

Yes, the Bold is cool and you guys got it way before us in the States! Oh well, by the time you're ready to upgrade there will be some other cool, new BlackBerry to play with! The Curve is an excellent device. I'm loving mine!

Cheers,
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by darrenraymond View Post
    Thanks for that.

I have my contract with o2 uk. I have already found the link though. Have had the phone now for 6-7months and loving it but if i new as much about them then as i did now id of held out for the Bold. Its a lovely looking phone.

Thankyou. I'll be in touch sure if i need any more help.
    Not sure if you're aware that the carrier of the OS is not important as long as it is specific to your device. In other words, the Vodafone OS will definitely work on your Curve, so long as you download the one for your 8310 and follow the instructions in the upgrade thread, deleting the vendor.xml file as stated.

eugd no está en línea Stack level 1

lost ability to edit profile manager and ring tones after update

Hello all, I have the 8830 we through verizon and I read the posts in this thread for a resolution, for some reason after upgrading from 4.2 to 4.577 I lost the old cod files so I can't copy it over and fix the ring tone issue. also, for some reason I lost the ability to edit my profile manager to edit the ring tone and ringer settings, anyone have any solutions, or have the ring tones in a zip file? any help is greatly appriciated...everything else seems to be working great...Eugene

dlgus no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F9E292

Can ANYBODY HELP ME????

I've downloaded the new 4.5 to my Pearl--it's gorgeous, only one problem.....the FOLDERS! I can FIND them.....I just can't ACCESS them.....they are not in the "photo samples where they are "supposed" to be......HELLLLLP!

hybrid1976 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    280C1909
    Ok, I have downloaded the 4.5 DM for my 8100 but my OS is still 4.2.1.107. taking into account i am fairly new @ this, is this the most current OS for my phone or is there an even more current one? if so, how do i download it?

Hybrid, if you are truly new to BlackBerry, I would advise you to wait awhile until you are really familiar with your device before you start attempting an OS upgrade.

Having said that, there is a newer OS for your device, 4.5.0.81, which can be found here. Instructions for upgrading can be found here.

You do this at your own risk, of course, and while there are risks involved in upgrading the OS, it really is a pretty straightforward process. Things can and do go wrong, but there is a wealth of knowledge here on PinStack to assist you if you decide to go ahead and do the upgrade.

Feel more comfortable now?

Roger

eugd no está en línea Stack level 1
    found the file to fix the issue....no problem now working great.........thanks....anyone see the .82 beta?