Page 37 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

i upgraded to the 4.5.037 for vodafone and none of my telenav or jivetalk work. ... BlackBerry News forum

geezie no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

i upgraded to the 4.5.037 for vodafone and none of my telenav or jivetalk work. how can i fix this or should i just go back to the 4.2 os ??

its for an 8310 btw.
    hello, im fabulous !!

stranjal7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    #ASK#
    That's cuz OS .37 was like the worst build that came out for the Curve model. IMO stay away from .37 its full of bugs from what I read and from personal experience. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~z

birus2095 no está en línea Stack level 2
    hey guys im lost i just got a curve 8310 v4.2.2.170, what os should i be instaling because i was looking at the 4.5-37 and like stranjal7 said its full of bugs. so please help.

sherlockphones no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Possible Media Card Solution

Like many of you, after the OS upgrade I was plagued by constant rebooting as long as my media card was in my device. I found a solution that seems to be working well. Here it is.

1. Using Desktop Manager / Media Manager, copy the entire contents of your media card to your PC.

2. Format the media card using your 4.5 device.

3. Using Media Manager, I noticed that some of my pictures had nothing in the attributes column. Therefore, copy only those images that have attributes back onto the media card.

That seems to have done it for me. Just as a test I put a couple pics on the media card that had nothing in the attribute column and my device started rebooting again.

I hope this at least helps a few of you...

~Rod

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by sherlockphones View Post
    Like many of you, after the OS upgrade I was plagued by constant rebooting as long as my media card was in my device. I found a solution that seems to be working well. Here it is.

1. Using Desktop Manager / Media Manager, copy the entire contents of your media card to your PC.

2. Format the media card using your 4.5 device.

3. Using Media Manager, I noticed that some of my pictures had nothing in the attributes column. Therefore, copy only those images that have attributes back onto the media card.

That seems to have done it for me. Just as a test I put a couple pics on the media card that had nothing in the attribute column and my device started rebooting again.

I hope this at least helps a few of you...

~Rod
    Nice Rod. Thanks for the rundown. We've been aware of issues with upgrades and media cards, but no one had ever mentioned what you did in Step 3. Can you explain that step in a little more detail?

Thanks,
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    ...no one had ever mentioned what you did in Step 3. Can you explain that step in a little more detail?
    Sure. Within Roxio Media Manager, I used the top window to show the pictures on my PC and the bottom window to show my BB. The view defaults to "Thumbnails" because most people like that option. I changed it to to "Details" (select View\View As\Details).

Looking at it in this view, you'll see that your pictures are listed with 5 columns of information. Specifically they are File Name, File Size, Date Created, Attributes, and Date Modified. For the majority of my pictures, the Attributes column lists the pixels, bits, and dpi (i.e. 2592x1944 pixels, 24-bit, 180 dpi) but I noticed that some of them had that column blank.

Next I selected all of my pictures and then deselected those that had that column blank. When I transferred only the pictures with attributes information back to the media card it seems to have worked and I've had no problems since. Granted, this means I was not able to get all of my pictures back on the media card, but I only lost a few.

Let me know if I didn't explain it clearly enough. It would be much easier with screen captures

~Rod

Sure. Within Roxio Media Manager, I used the top window to show the pictures on my PC and the bottom window to show my BB. The view defaults to "Thumbnails" because most people like that option. I changed it to to "Details" (select View\View As\Details).

Looking at it in this view, you'll see that your pictures are listed with 5 columns of information. Specifically they are File Name, File Size, Date Created, Attributes, and Date Modified. For the majority of my pictures, the Attributes column lists the pixels, bits, and dpi (i.e. 2592x1944 pixels, 24-bit, 180 dpi) but I noticed that some of them had that column blank.

Next I selected all of my pictures and then deselected those that had that column blank. When I transferred only the pictures with attributes information back to the media card it seems to have worked and I've had no problems since. Granted, this means I was not able to get all of my pictures back on the media card, but I only lost a few.

Let me know if I didn't explain it clearly enough. It would be much easier with screen captures

~Rod
    What about music? Is the information the same?

That would be helpful, too!

All of my music transferred over without any problem. I don't have any videos, so I don't know about that.

To find out where my problem was, I transferred my music over and waited a day without incident. Then when I moved my pictures over it started rebooting so I knew that was where my issue was.

Gddevil no está en línea Stack level 1
    Not having any luck finding the vendor.xml file in the upgrade for my 8800. When I do a search for it i can't find it that way either.

I even went the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader route but all i find that way is the device xml.

I thought part of the problem could be that i put 4.5 on my wifes pearl last week and it keeps going to that file. So I deleted that file and still no go. What am I doing wrong?

mrmetal55 no está en línea Stack level 1
    So what is the verdict with this? Has AT&T released the updated OS?

maxiang no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi all, having a problem getting 4.5 on my 8110. Whenever I try I get the message in app loader after it waits for device initialization that it "failed to reconnect during a multistage loading operation", my berrys screen is black and the red led flashes on and off slowly I have zero problems reloading 4.3 but it's driving me crazy that I can't figure this out. Any help?

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Try downloading a different version from another carrier. What version are you trying to load?

maxiang no está en línea Stack level 1
    4.5.0.37 from Vodafone and 4.5.0.55 from a1 Via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

JjcampNR no está en línea Stack level 3
    Are you on at least Desktop Manager 4.5? If not, update and try again.
    Device: 8100c / Apps: 4.5.0.69 / Platform: 2.7.0.72