Page 36 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Do you still have the OS you had on your device before the upgrade? If ... BlackBerry News forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Advertisement

Do you still have the OS you had on your device before the upgrade? If not, you can get it off the Verizon web site, download and install it onto your PC.

I don't know of a simple way to do this other than to downgrade, then do the upgrade again.

budj47 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I do have the 4.3 version that came with the BB. I will try to install it. Do I need to flash it first or can I just uninstall 4.5 from my PC and install 4.3 and let the DM do it's thing?

Thanks for the help, by the way.
    Last edited by budj47; 08-27-2008 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by budj47 View Post
    I do have the 4.3 version that came with the BB. I will try to install it. Do I need to flash it first or can I just uninstall 4.5 from my PC and install 4.3 and let the DM do it's thing?

Thanks for the help, by the way.
    You should just be able to do the uninstall, install 4.3 and be good to go.

myersguy no está en línea Stack level 1

Can you role back to an earlier version of 4.5

Here is my problem... I have the 8830 on the Verizon network....

I installed 4.5.033 no problems
    I installed 4.5.051 no problems

today I installed 4.5.077 and the phone locks up ever few minutes.. I tried to run the 4.5.051 exe again on my laptop but when I plug my phone in and the desktop software looks for upgrades it does not see it.

So I was wondering if anyone knows the process to role back from .077 to .051l

Thanks

budj47 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by myersguy View Post
    Here is my problem... I have the 8830 on the Verizon network....

I installed 4.5.033 no problems
    I installed 4.5.051 no problems

today I installed 4.5.077 and the phone locks up ever few minutes.. I tried to run the 4.5.051 exe again on my laptop but when I plug my phone in and the desktop software looks for upgrades it does not see it.

So I was wondering if anyone knows the process to role back from .077 to .051l

Thanks
    You will need to do what I am doing now. Uninstall .077 from your laptop and then install .051. Run DM and it will install .051 after it does a backup pf your apps and databases. It will then reinstall your apps and databases are you will be good to go.
    Thank RoGo for the good info.

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    May you repost my post on page 31. My levels are still low. I think people take it for granded.

omfgitsjuliex no está en línea Stack level 1
    This could be a really dumb question but I must ask just incase..

How long does it take to update the OS?
    I've done everything that there is to do and it's installing the OS onto my phone but it's been more than an hour- hour and a half.
    Should I just cancel and start over again??

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    No, wait it out, if you cancel you have a chance of bricking your phone, i believe.

itsmandy76 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am hoping someone can help me. I attempted to upgrade my os to 4.5 but when it goes through the process I get an error message at the end that says, "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi stage load operation" My bberry will not turn on and there is a red light on in the upper corner. HELP! how do I get my os back? I have done several battery pulls and have attempted to synch it with dm 4 times.

Quote Originally Posted by itsmandy76 View Post
    I am hoping someone can help me. I attempted to upgrade my os to 4.5 but when it goes through the process I get an error message at the end that says, "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi stage load operation" My bberry will not turn on and there is a red light on in the upper corner. HELP! how do I get my os back? I have done several battery pulls and have attempted to synch it with dm 4 times.
    Mandy, sounds like you might need to follow these instructions:

http://www.pinstack.com/blackberryfo...ead.php?t=5178

Quote Originally Posted by omfgitsjuliex View Post
    This could be a really dumb question but I must ask just incase..

How long does it take to update the OS?
    I've done everything that there is to do and it's installing the OS onto my phone but it's been more than an hour- hour and a half.
    Should I just cancel and start over again??
    Julie,

Is your Berry alive and well?

sherlockphones no está en línea Stack level 1
    Okay, so I did the upgrade yesterday on my 8800 and have two issues. First, I'm definitely having problems with my media card. I have reformatted and that solves the reboot problem right up until I actually try to put something on the card. Has anyone found a solution?

Second, all of the preloaded pictures are gone. Granted, that means I have more free memory, but I was kind of partial to using the Cartography.jpg as my background. Any ideas on how to get it back?

~Rod

Clittle07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    i have upgraded my phone to .55 and now if I'm on a call for longer than 5 min my phone reboots itself any ideas on how to fix this

JasonHDD no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Clittle07 View Post
    i have upgraded my phone to .55 and now if I'm on a call for longer than 5 min my phone reboots itself any ideas on how to fix this
    Have you tried pulling the battery? .55 is a fairly stable build. But there are higher OS's just not official.

invisibled no está en línea Stack level 1
    Searched this thread and didn't see anything about this so I'm going to ask.

Im just about to upgrade from 4.2 to 4.5 and im at the summary screen on my desktop software. at the top of the summary it says

"Warning: after completing the loading operation, you must active your device wirelessly to continue to send and receive messages and use other blackberry services."

what does that mean? Will i have to take it to my service provider and get them to activate it again or something?

Info:
    Curve 8330
    CDMA
    Canada