Page 33 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by HeavyComponent bumpusma, Tried using jl cmder? T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.69 OS ... BlackBerry News forum

bumpusma no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyComponent View Post
    bumpusma,

Tried using jl cmder?

T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.69 OS Beta!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    That cured it... just hadn't done it enough times I guess. Works great now, love the Vodaphone theme

mamapie no está en línea Stack level 1
    For 3 hours now I've been trying to load .69 on my 8320 and it never gets past loading the application modules, it just goes straight to a fatal error, without specifying what it is. Then I get the 507 no OS error. I've tried starting without the battery then putting it in before initializing, I've uninstalled previous OS versions - everything, but I can't get the whole process beyond initializing the device.

Help?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mamapie View Post
    For 3 hours now I've been trying to load .69 on my 8320 and it never gets past loading the application modules, it just goes straight to a fatal error, without specifying what it is. Then I get the 507 no OS error. I've tried starting without the battery then putting it in before initializing, I've uninstalled previous OS versions - everything, but I can't get the whole process beyond initializing the device.

Help?
    mama,

Haven't read back through all the posts, but have you tried using the jl_cmndr to completely wipe your device and start from scratch?

Roger

mamapie no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi Roger, yes I did completely wipe it. In the end it took trying 3 different USB ports and 14 attempts but I have it now! Goodness knows how RIM think that mere mortals can do this stuff without any help - I couldn't have done it without reading through loads on Pinstack threads.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mamapie View Post
    Hi Roger, yes I did completely wipe it. In the end it took trying 3 different USB ports and 14 attempts but I have it now! Goodness knows how RIM think that mere mortals can do this stuff without any help - I couldn't have done it without reading through loads on Pinstack threads.

Thanks.
    Don't know if this was in your process anywhere, but rebooting your PC can help with some issues as well. Sometimes the Desktop Manager gets confused and the USB ports get hung up. Rebooting helps that and sometimes a clean install of the DM will help too.

Glad you're back up and running!

yaesumofo no está en línea Stack level 1
    I installed the new upgrade for mobility phones on my verizon 8330. it went very smoothly and took 20 to 30 minutes from start to finish. It just takes patient waiting.
    My question is this.
    The e-mail reader help files says that I should see an html option in the progrem under e-mail settings. Unfortunatly I do not see this option and the software is not rendering e-mail with html correctly. Is there a way around this? I an using gmail to push (forwared my e-mail). Can I convert it to plain text prior to forwareding? I could give a hoot about html except that if not renderd the e-mail looks crappy and is hard to read. Any ideas out there?
    Thank you.
    Yaesumofo

Quote Originally Posted by yaesumofo View Post
    I installed the new upgrade for mobility phones on my verizon 8330. it went very smoothly and took 20 to 30 minutes from start to finish. It just takes patient waiting.
    My question is this.
    The e-mail reader help files says that I should see an html option in the progrem under e-mail settings. Unfortunatly I do not see this option and the software is not rendering e-mail with html correctly. Is there a way around this? I an using gmail to push (forwared my e-mail). Can I convert it to plain text prior to forwareding? I could give a hoot about html except that if not renderd the e-mail looks crappy and is hard to read. Any ideas out there?
    Thank you.
    Yaesumofo
    Sometimes you can resolve this problem by logging into your BIS account and resending the service books from there.

Let us know if this helps.

Roger

yaesumofo no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Sometimes you can resolve this problem by logging into your BIS account and resending the service books from there.

Let us know if this helps.

Roger

I did just that and the HTML option comes up now but has no effect. E-mails are still not renderd. I will wait for NEW e-mail to come through and see if they are renderd correctly.
    I don''t get it.
    It would be so cool if this worked. Otherwise I will be stuck using the google app to read e-mail.
    UGH.
    Yaesumfo
    Last edited by yaesumofo; 08-12-2008 at 07:39 PM. Reason: correction

conceptdc5 no está en línea Stack level 1
    how difficult is it to install the OS? im using AT&T. umm... one other question i have Jivetalk... unfortunately i had only enough money to get the 1 serial for my phone. so if i upgraded... does this mean i have to re-purchase jivetalk?

thanks for the help!

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Quote Originally Posted by conceptdc5 View Post
    how difficult is it to install the OS? im using AT&T. umm... one other question i have Jivetalk... unfortunately i had only enough money to get the 1 serial for my phone. so if i upgraded... does this mean i have to re-purchase jivetalk?

thanks for the help!
    The first post in this thread explains how to upgrade. Not very difficult if you follow it step by step.

There is another thread Here.

As long as you use DM to backup first and then run Restore after your upgrade you don't have to worry about your 3rd party apps such as JiveTalk, they will all be restored!

conceptdc5 no está en línea Stack level 1
    how do i copy jivetalk...? or make sure i backed it up?

i did make a backup file.... the regular press "backup" button. is jive talk within that file?

Jimso no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi can any one help please, I have just upgraded my 8800 os to 4.5 on Oputs Australia carrier, everything seems to working well except that my bluetooth will not enable. I go to enable the device and it just sits there trying to enable but never does

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimso View Post
    Hi can any one help please, I have just upgraded my 8800 os to 4.5 on Oputs Australia carrier, everything seems to working well except that my bluetooth will not enable. I go to enable the device and it just sits there trying to enable but never does
    Once you installed the new software you will need to pair the bluetooth device back up again before you will be able enable it.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Quote Originally Posted by conceptdc5 View Post
    how do i copy jivetalk...? or make sure i backed it up?

i did make a backup file.... the regular press "backup" button. is jive talk within that file?
    Just make sure you do a complete backup using DM - click on Backup/Restore.
    It will backup all of your 3rd party apps.

It's a good idea to back up at least once a week anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by yaesumofo View Post
    I did just that and the HTML option comes up now but has no effect. E-mails are still not renderd. I will wait for NEW e-mail to come through and see if they are renderd correctly.
    I don''t get it.
    It would be so cool if this worked. Otherwise I will be stuck using the google app to read e-mail.
    UGH.
    Yaesumfo
    You have to manually request that any embedded images get downloaded to your device. This is a security issue (as you will notice after you select this option) which may or may not be addressed in a later release.

When in the e-mail, press the BB menu button, then choose Get Images. Some people have said that once you have done this a few times, images will eventually start downloading automatically, but I have yet to see that happen.

Hope this helps!

Roger