Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

I exchanged the phone and when I was switching info from the 8100 to the ... BlackBerry News forum

gdbeaver no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

I exchanged the phone and when I was switching info from the 8100 to the 8110 it evidently erased my operating software on my 8110 again...Geez!!!. Is there a way i can load that back?? When I pulg it up it doesnt connect to the desktop software. I at a Loss in trying to figure this out. How does Att even put the origional OS on it. I need some HELP with this problem

JasonHDD no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by sjb4 View Post
    Thank you Jason, very helpful info.

I played around a bit this morning and got the HTML email to work by resending the service books along with increasing the media memory to save new pics. I had to up the Media memory allotment from 5 Kb to 12 Kb, which allowed to move up the picture allotment from 0 Kb to 2 Kb.

Despite having all defaults that I can find set to my preferred email, I still have to manually change it from the @blackberry address to the preferred, no way I can see to change it as a default. Sort of annoying but I suppose I can live with it if I have to.

I'll play around with Yahoo Go later ans post if I find a good work around or at least how to navigate using the number pad.
    When you go to Options>Advanced Options>Default Services>Menu>Change Option>Select the addy>save. That should set which ever email you want to your default. I will check on the yahoo go.

Edit: Try opening YahooGO then pulling the battery for 30 seconds, then stick it back in. Sorry, I'm not too familiar with the 8100 or YahooGo.
    Last edited by JasonHDD; 07-26-2008 at 05:41 PM.

sjb4 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonHDD View Post
    When you go to Options>Advanced Options>Default Services>Menu>Change Option>Select the addy>save. That should set which ever email you want to your default. I will check on the yahoo go.

Edit: Try opening YahooGO then pulling the battery for 30 seconds, then stick it back in. Sorry, I'm not too familiar with the 8100 or YahooGo.
    when I go into the options menu as you show above I see this:

Calendar (CICAL): my preferred email address listed

Messaging (CMME) : my preferred email address listed

I even clicked them and saved them again as the defaults, and did a battery pull. Still comes up as the @blackberry address when trying to email a pic from the media files. No problems sending emails from my preferred address though.

Tried your Yahoo idea, and it didn't work. Will see what I find out elsewhere. I did see that in Options - Advanced - Applications that Opera Mini, Yahoo Go and Travel Channel Go are in bold while everything else is normal font. I assume that means something, perhaps related to permissions. I adjusted Opera's permissions to allow everything so I don't keep getting the message about it wanting to make a low level connection each time I use it. Not sure if that worked or not.

harm_dzines no está en línea Stack level 3
    One other thing I have noticed, when listening to my music, if I hold down the volume (either up or down) on the side of the Curve, it skips to the next song. I dont like that. I have to press it repeatily in order not to skip to next song. Anyone else dealing with this and/or is there a solution? Im just so used to holding the volume button down to reach max or minimum

Rue

sublimnl no está en línea Stack level 1
    having a problem here after upgrading to 4.5.0.52 on my pearl. When the OS boots up I immediately get an Uncaught Exception error. on top of this, when I try to go into my messages it works the first time, but if I exit back to the home screen and then try to go back into messages my BB just sits there. if I come back to it several minutes later sometimes it has finally gone into the messages screen, and other times I have to click into it again at which point it opens up. I can never get in there twice in a row though. Very frustrating. Has anyone else had this problem, or (more importantly) does anyone know of a solution?

Thanks!

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by harm_dzines View Post
    One other thing I have noticed, when listening to my music, if I hold down the volume (either up or down) on the side of the Curve, it skips to the next song. I dont like that. I have to press it repeatily in order not to skip to next song. Anyone else dealing with this and/or is there a solution? Im just so used to holding the volume button down to reach max or minimum

Rue
    No that's a welcomed change by the majority of people and intended so I doubt you will be able to use the old behavior.

pimppapa1977 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ok jus did this to my curve and honestly dont notice anything.Wasnt i supposed to be able to record vids now

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by pimppapa1977 View Post
    ok jus did this to my curve and honestly dont notice anything.Wasnt i supposed to be able to record vids now

If you don't have a media card to record to you're out of luck my man. It prompts you right off the bat to have a media card when you turn on your video camera when you don't have a media card installed.

evo8coop no está en línea Stack level 3
    whats the most latest os for the 8100 that is offered by a service provider and is an official release??

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Front page tells you, if its been updated right. Maybe 4.5.0.55 for 8100 or 4.5.0.37, not sure.

Fergiej no está en línea Stack level 2
    For those for you having Fatal Errors trying to backup and/or update the OS please try something for me. Mine is working again and I think (THINK) I know why. Have you installed Media Sync since the last backup/update? I did and I just uninstalled it and I am no longer getting the errors.

This could be a huge coincidence, hard to say. I completely uninstalled DM 4.5 and then 4.6 after trying it and failing. After reinstalling 4.6 I was still getting the errors. Then I uninstalled again and uninstalled BB MS. Then rebooted and reinstalled DM 4.6 and it's all working again.

Let me know if you've tried this and if it worked or not. I could be way off base and jsut got lucky.

Jerry

rsunarya no está en línea Stack level 1
    ok,tried installing the Orange 4.5 n pretty much bricked my berry...is there any hope of revival?

youngworld no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just updated my 8100 from t mobile with the latest os from the vadaphone, and my berry start rebooting on its own. Did I do something wrong it seemed like the update went fine.

Tree Fiddy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2421261E

Want to share my experience with this upgrade

I upgraded by following every instruction to a 'T', according to the instructions posted in twheeler's blog.

Everything ran smoothly and when the program was "Reconnecting to JVM" it bombed. I had the 507 message on the screen, which I believe means your BB is a paperweight. This all happened last night (July 30) so I panicked, sent twheeler a PM, which I'll be resending soon indicating all is well, and went to bed.

I tried again this morning and got the same result by reading through KB02792. So I checked all my physical connections and started again. One thing I noticed, which was the thing that kept me from succeeding, is that I plugged my BB into a different USB port for the upgrade than I had used for it in the past. I inserted the cable in the normal port and retried. Success. I'm now checking out 4.5.0.52 and seeing how I like it.

Not sure why the BB program cared which USB port it was in. Perhaps I'm too noob to know, but I thought any USB port would be fine.

If anyone gets the "Cannot connect to the JVM" message, check out your port connections. It might help.

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by rsunarya View Post
    ok,tried installing the Orange 4.5 n pretty much bricked my berry...is there any hope of revival?

Use the JL commander to wipe the device and then use this link below to revive device with new software. Most importantly follow the instructions carefully this procedure may take some time but will bring your phone back from the dead.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ead.php?t=5178