Page 28 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Since I upgraded to 4.5, my ringer does not work? I have checked the profiles ... BlackBerry News forum

kcschultz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    At rest

Ringer help...

Advertisement

Since I upgraded to 4.5, my ringer does not work? I have checked the profiles and all is correct. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Kevin

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    just a heads up, if you installed docs2go and upgraded using OTA to sheets2go, the new OS .55 will not recognize the upgrade. So you will get sent back to original docs2go missing the sheets2go.

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    That sucks...Does the camera work? I use the camera more than sheets to go.

munkee no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jruddock1 View Post
    so i just installed 4.5.0.55 i thought doc2go was integrated into the new os? where is? i downloaded a doc file attachment and still have no ability to edit it? pls help, this was the main reason i wanted the new os
    You can get docs to go from the app loader on your DM. Just check the bow and there ya go. Its not all that though. I wish I can start a new file with it but you actually have to buy that option.

jruddock1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by munkee View Post
    You can get docs to go from the app loader on your DM. Just check the bow and there ya go. Its not all that though. I wish I can start a new file with it but you actually have to buy that option.
    thanks..ill see how it goes..

harm_dzines no está en línea Stack level 3
    upgrading now, will post up tomorrow on my thoughts

PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    Quote Originally Posted by munkee View Post
    Just out a new document that is blank on your phone and use that as your "new" document. When you want to save just us save as.

harm_dzines no está en línea Stack level 3
    So far so good, the only issue I have had so far is that my Yahoo IM app was missing. So I had to reload it myself from my back up. Other than that, everything seems to be working just fine. I am LOVING the video capture option with this!

sjb4 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Loaded the .55 upgrade to my 8100 and it is working nicely. I do have a couple questions, mainly about the camera/media and my lackof HTML email.

here are my questions:

1. I am an AT&T customer and I beleive they did the BIS 2.5 update so we can recieve HTML emails with 4.5, but the emails I've gotten since upgrading look basically the same as with 4.2. I do not see anywhere that allows you to turn on HTML in the options menu or elesewhere. What am I missing?

2. I took a pic with the camera and it said it could not save it to to lack of memory. I don't have nay music or videos on the phone, just the pics I had from 4.2 (actually less as I deleted a bunch last week). Why am I now lacking memory in my media section?

3. I emailed a couple pics as a test, instead of my more commonly used (and default for sending emails) address, it listed my blackberry address as the first choice. I had to select the other address for each picture I sent. How do I make that address my default for emailing pics?

4. Yahoo Go works but I can no longer use the "berry" button for the in-application menu. It only prompts me to close the application now. I found that the number pad will work but I don't think all the features correspondto a number, and I never paid much attention to what number went with what feature. Anyone having this issue? And if so, is there a solution?

trixietrix no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Hi Trixie! Welcome to PinStack!

When you say you can't find the link, do you mean the link for the OS or the link on your PC? There is a thread in this topic that contains the link for the OS that you need to download and install onto your PC. You also need to have Desktop Manager installed on your PC which you can get directly from BlackBerry.com.

You will want to download the latest version of the 4.5 OS which is from Austria in this thread:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=80905

Next you will want to follow the instructions in this thread to install:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...read.php?t=929

Not sure if the new OS is multi-language or not.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post them here or in any of the other 4.5 threads going.

Roger
    THANKS Roger!!
    I mean the link for the OS 4.5 software on the PC....
    I don't have an internet account on my BB so i can't download anything trough a OTA link.
    I already have desktop manager on my PC so that's a start..LOL
    Tonight i will try to download the software and i will let you know how things went!

Trish

gdbeaver no está en línea Stack level 1

8110 cut off and 4.5 stopped

When I was upgrading to the 4.5 OS afer back loading when the new upgrade was installing the blackberry cut off and dissconnected to the desktop manager. Now the phone wont come on. All i get is a red light at top right. Any Help please?

gdbeaver no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry 8110 cut off wont boot

I was upgrading to the 4.5 OS. I deleated the vendor.xml file and backed up my device. As the 4.5 was installing the phone went blank and lost connection to the desktop manager. Now my blackberry wont boot up. All I get is a red flashing light in upper right corner. Please help.

PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    That happened to me but I don't think I had a flashing light. It just lost connection and I pulled it out and to my surprise it worked fine, it even had 4.5 installed! I don't recommend doing that though.

JasonHDD no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by sjb4 View Post
    Loaded the .55 upgrade to my 8100 and it is working nicely. I do have a couple questions, mainly about the camera/media and my lackof HTML email.

here are my questions:

1. I am an AT&T customer and I beleive they did the BIS 2.5 update so we can recieve HTML emails with 4.5, but the emails I've gotten since upgrading look basically the same as with 4.2. I do not see anywhere that allows you to turn on HTML in the options menu or elesewhere. What am I missing?First, go to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>Menu>Register Now. Then go to AT&T BIS log in and resend the service books. Once you receive the books go to email on the 8100 Menu>Options>Email Settings> and make sure "Enable HTML Email" is set to yes, and that "Download Images Automatically" is set to Yes as well.

2. I took a pic with the camera and it said it could not save it to to lack of memory. I don't have nay music or videos on the phone, just the pics I had from 4.2 (actually less as I deleted a bunch last week). Why am I now lacking memory in my media section? Do you have a media card? If not, I'd get one. You can go to Media on your 8100 Menu>Options> and check what the Device Memory Limit is set to and change it. Also, check the Blackberry Guide-How-To FAQ section and look at how you can free up memory on your device for free.

3. I emailed a couple pics as a test, instead of my more commonly used (and default for sending emails) address, it listed my blackberry address as the first choice. I had to select the other address for each picture I sent. How do I make that address my default for emailing pics? Go to Options>Advanced Options>Default Network and change to your preference.

4. Yahoo Go works but I can no longer use the "berry" button for the in-application menu. It only prompts me to close the application now. I found that the number pad will work but I don't think all the features correspondto a number, and I never paid much attention to what number went with what feature. Anyone having this issue? And if so, is there a solution?

I apologize, I am not very familiar with YahooGo. Maybe someone else can help out here.

sjb4 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thank you Jason, very helpful info.

I played around a bit this morning and got the HTML email to work by resending the service books along with increasing the media memory to save new pics. I had to up the Media memory allotment from 5 Kb to 12 Kb, which allowed to move up the picture allotment from 0 Kb to 2 Kb.

Despite having all defaults that I can find set to my preferred email, I still have to manually change it from the @blackberry address to the preferred, no way I can see to change it as a default. Sort of annoying but I suppose I can live with it if I have to.

I'll play around with Yahoo Go later ans post if I find a good work around or at least how to navigate using the number pad.