Page 27 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by goldenhours Can anyone help me? I just tried to upgrade my 8310 ... BlackBerry News forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by goldenhours View Post
    Can anyone help me?

I just tried to upgrade my 8310 to OS 4.5.0.55 and I received the fatal error on DM 4.5 while performing the upgrade.

Now the bb is on hourglass for the last half hour and since I reckon the upgrade failed I wonder is it possible to wipe everything completely at this stage?
    What is the error you're getting?

munkee no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by dallas1125 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Hmm, you need to resend your service books
    Yea I tried that after I did the search. Maybe I should have before asking.lol. Thanks for the help

goldenhours no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I get "Fatal Error during loading applications"

tried to wipe the device with JL_cmdr - no luck
    also tried the procedure described here

while downloading javaloader.exe from the BB JDE to try a USB wipe I'm also trying to downgrade back to OS 4.3. This seemed to have loaded OK, just waiting for the boot-up...

PIN/ID
    ask
    p.s. funny thing is I now see for the first time an hourglass with yellow sand...

PIN/ID
    ask
    OK, finished booting up my bb is showing a white screen with black font headed "BlackBerry Platform 2.5.0.35"

All applications are listed here but none of them will start...

What to do now?

StarMile no está en línea Stack level 3
    OK, not sure if this is the correct thread for this but here it goes; please link me to another thread if I should be posting there.

I just upgraded to the Orange .52 with my 8320 on TMO. As usual my computer locked up during the process so that made it interesting, regardless I eventually got the OS up and running. However, now when I go to delete an email, I no longer get three choices but rather two. Prior to the upgrade I had delete, delete from handheld, and cancel. (The wording may be a bit off) Now, I only have delete and cancel. Is there any way to get back the third option? I didn't need it very often but at times it did come in handy, I'd like to get back my option to delete from the server.

Thanks,

Jas

OK, here is the fix if anyone else gets this. I likely got it because my upgrade got hosed as mentioned above and I lost my email options.

Go to the mailbox options
    then to email reconciliation
    make sure that on all your accounts where it says "delete on" is on prompt and not on handheld nor mailbox and handheld.
    Last edited by StarMile; 07-25-2008 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Found the fix!

beeutiful37 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2423D702
    ever since i upgraded my system my phone is rebooting and rebooting and rebooting---i tried the instructions but they dont work

StarMile no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by beeutiful37 View Post
    ever since i upgraded my system my phone is rebooting and rebooting and rebooting---i tried the instructions but they dont work
    You having the issue because of your memory card like others have had? I don't yet have a card so my install has been pretty much fine so far.

sjb4 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Okay, so I took the plunge with the latest 8100 release (.55) and it installed fine. However, I forgot to send my address book to my SIM card, so when I added my phonebook back to the new 4.5 OS from the SIM card, I got a very old version of it. My question is: if I downgrade back to my previous OS, and restore from the backup will I get my current address book back? And then, can I save it to the SIM before upgrading again? And will it save the caller ID pics I have?

Quote Originally Posted by sjb4 View Post
    Okay, so I took the plunge with the latest 8100 release (.55) and it installed fine. However, I forgot to send my address book to my SIM card, so when I added my phonebook back to the new 4.5 OS from the SIM card, I got a very old version of it. My question is: if I downgrade back to my previous OS, and restore from the backup will I get my current address book back? And then, can I save it to the SIM before upgrading again? And will it save the caller ID pics I have?
    You didn't do a back up of your device through the DM when you installed the new OS? If so, it would have saved your address book there and reloaded once the initialization of the new device began.

But yes, if you have a back up from the old OS, it will restore whatever you saved then.

sjb4 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    You didn't do a back up of your device through the DM when you installed the new OS? If so, it would have saved your address book there and reloaded once the initialization of the new device began.

But yes, if you have a back up from the old OS, it will restore whatever you saved then.
    No, I did a backup before I installed 4.5 on my PC, then opted not to do it when I went to install the OS on the phone as I figured it was already done. I figured one backup was sufficient, not realizing it was a different type of backup.

Thanks!

Wait, I'm confused!

So you did a back up of the 4.2 OS on your device through DM, then you downloaded and installed 4.5 on the PC, started up the DM to install 4.5 on the device and chose not to back up again since you'd already done that with 4.2?

If so, there shouldn't be any need to downgrade your OS. You should be able to just connect to the DM and do a restore of your address book. Shouldn't matter what version of the OS you had on your device when you did the back up.

courtney32091 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24AC9B0E
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    Note: This support thread is NOT for Beta OS software.

Downloading Official 4.5 OS to your Blackberry...

Upgrading your Blackberry smartphone to 4.5 OS...

Follow these instructions exactly and you should be able to have OS 4.x working.

1.) BACK UP YOUR DATA! - I can't stress how important it is to get a good backup in the event you need to restore your data.

2.) Verify that you are using the latest version of Desktop Manager. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager. In the Desktop manager program on your PC use the Help menu and select About Desktop Manager. If you need the latest version follow this link.

3.) If you haven't already, download lastest OS 4.x from this link or if available from your carrier its BEST to download here (select carrier)

4.) Install 4.x using the .exe file you just downloaded. If you are downloading the OS specific for your carrier you can skip step 5. I other words if upgrading a T-Mobile BlackBerry with T-Mobile OS then you can skip this step. However, if you have an At&T Wireless Blackberry and the OS is non-At&T eg. from Vodafone, you MUST follow step 5.

5.) Delete the 'Vendor.xml' file ( C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader ) Or search your computer's hard drive for the "vendor.xml" file. Once you find it, delete it.

6.) Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer. If prompted, type your BlackBerry device password and click OK.

7.) Open Desktop Manager. It should recognize that there is an upgrade for your device. ('Vendor.xml' must be deleted for this step to work).

8) When the Application Loader Wizard is finished examining the configuration on the BlackBerry device, the Device Application Selection screen appears listing the applications and OS version available for installation. The selected check boxes indicate applications that are already installed on the BlackBerry device.

9) If you didn't backup first you should select to do so now.

10) Follow the prompts and you will have OS 4.x installed in about 15 to 20 minutes.

Of course, Pinstack.com can't take responsibility for any problems that may occur. You can use our support forums if you get stuck.

Ok so i did all the steps...
    i updated my DM, downloads os 4.5, deleted the "vendor.xml", did everything like it said and DM recognized that there was an upgrade but then it gave me this message, "A fatal error has occurred while updating your devices software. Please try again."

Ive tried like 5 times already and its still giving me the same message, does anyone know what im doing wrong or what i can do to make it work.

-Court

jruddock1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    so i just installed 4.5.0.55 i thought doc2go was integrated into the new os? where is? i downloaded a doc file attachment and still have no ability to edit it? pls help, this was the main reason i wanted the new os

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Try redownloading docs to go from dataviz