Page 25 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Any 8830 release will work for your Telus 8830. Disclaimer: Please note that telus will ... BlackBerry News forum

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)

Advertisement

Any 8830 release will work for your Telus 8830.

Disclaimer: Please note that telus will not support you if you upgrade previous to them certifying 4.5. You should wipe the OS off your phone before you send in for repairs as it would void your warranty.

bdlevi no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    Note: This support thread is NOT for Beta OS software.

Downloading Official 4.5 OS to your Blackberry...
    -- BlackBerry Pearl 8100 Software Version 4.5.0.37 Download

-- BlackBerry Pearl 8110 - Software Version 4.5.0.37 Download

-- Rogers Wireless - Software Version 4.5.0.37 Download
    -- StarHub - Software Version 4.5.0.37 Download
    -- Telefonica - Software Version 4.5.0.37 Download
    -- 4.5.0.75 (app .52) for 8120 Orange UK

--
    StarHub - Software Version 4.5.0.37 Download

-- BlackBerry Curve 8310 - Software Version 4.5.0.18 Download
    -- BlackBerry Curve 8310 - Software Version 4.5.0.37 Download

-- 4.5.0.75 (app .52) for 8320, Orange UK

-- BlackBerry 8800 Software - Software Version 4.5.037 Download

Upgrading your Blackberry smartphone to 4.5 OS...

Follow these instructions exactly and you should be able to have OS 4.x working.

1.) BACK UP YOUR DATA! - I can't stress how important it is to get a good backup in the event you need to restore your data.

2.) Verify that you are using the latest version of Desktop Manager. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager. In the Desktop manager program on your PC use the Help menu and select About Desktop Manager. If you need the latest version follow this link.

3.) If you haven't already, download lastest OS 4.x from this link or if available from your carrier its BEST to download here (select carrier)

4.) Install 4.x using the .exe file you just downloaded. If you are downloading the OS specific for your carrier you can skip step 5. I other words if upgrading a T-Mobile BlackBerry with T-Mobile OS then you can skip this step. However, if you have an At&T Wireless Blackberry and the OS is non-At&T eg. from Vodafone, you MUST follow step 5.

5.) Delete the 'Vendor.xml' file ( C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader ) Or search your computer's hard drive for the "vendor.xml" file. Once you find it, delete it.

6.) Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer. If prompted, type your BlackBerry device password and click OK.

7.) Open Desktop Manager. It should recognize that there is an upgrade for your device. ('Vendor.xml' must be deleted for this step to work).

8) When the Application Loader Wizard is finished examining the configuration on the BlackBerry device, the Device Application Selection screen appears listing the applications and OS version available for installation. The selected check boxes indicate applications that are already installed on the BlackBerry device.

9) If you didn't backup first you should select to do so now.

10) Follow the prompts and you will have OS 4.x installed in about 15 to 20 minutes.

Of course, Pinstack.com can't take responsibility for any problems that may occur. You can use our support forums if you get stuck.
    the one for the 8300 is only available for EastAsia does that mean the the language?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by bdlevi View Post
    the one for the 8300 is only available for EastAsia does that mean the the language?
    All versions come with English in addition to the native language.

Jodiiii no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22C9BCFE

I'm stuck!

Ok, so I decided to upgrade to 4.5 and I followed all of the steps...and now my upgrade is stuck on "loading JVM and system software". It's been sitting like this for over an hour. Is this normal? Or do I need to do something different?

beeutiful37 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2423D702
    Well I can't figure how to save my videos!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by beeutiful37 View Post
    Well I can't figure how to save my videos!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Do you have a media card?

mew
    mew no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by BES Noob View Post
    Has anyone noticed how much longer it takes to do an enterprise activation on a device with 4.5?
    It was stuck at 52% OTA for me so I just invaded the server room and activated through USB. Took a couple of minutes. The IT staff was in awe how smooth 4.5 is.

atj2468 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Ask plz
    Help in this it tells me tht warning u would need 2 activate message and recieve message mauely wat does tht mean?? all i need 2 do is click next and i will have OS 4.5 but i dnt know wat tht warning means hellllpppp plz
    T-Mobile Blackberry Curve 8320
    OS 4.5
    ~Atj1@tmo.blackberry.net~

bigjrocc27 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    248d32a7
    i have a question to who every answers can you use another service provider os even though you are not on with that provider and if so will it mess your bb up

Quote Originally Posted by bigjrocc27 View Post
    i have a question to who every answers can you use another service provider os even though you are not on with that provider and if so will it mess your bb up
    You can use an OS from ANY service provider as long as it specifically for your device. In other words, don't use the OS for an 8830 on an 8800. Just remember to delete the vendor.xml file after downloading and intalling the OS on your PC.

See instructions below:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...read.php?t=929

bdlevi no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    You can use an OS from ANY service provider as long as it specifically for your device. In other words, don't use the OS for an 8830 on an 8800. Just remember to delete the vendor.xml file after downloading and intalling the OS on your PC.

See instructions below:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...read.php?t=929
    Do i have to delete the vendor.xml file after downloading and intalling the OS on your PC if i have not did a backup at all?

nihado no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    243F2CAA
    just installed the 4.5 system w/ no problem, took forever to reload but it worked!!! and i can confirm m.youtube.com works too!!! i'm so excited there goes another 10 hours of wasted time
    N i H a D

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by mew View Post
    It was stuck at 52% OTA for me so I just invaded the server room and activated through USB. Took a couple of minutes. The IT staff was in awe how smooth 4.5 is.
    I predominately do USB but I switched up and did OTA and it got done a lot faster. Too many variances to probably see a corrolation.

mew
    mew no está en línea Stack level 2
    I like how in video mode you can use the flash as a flashlight... lol

dntnvme no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    308BCD43
    So no luck for the 8330 yet HUH?