Page 17 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

I HAD TO do a wipe with jl cmder before this would work on my ... BlackBerry News forum

i4cbj9 no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

I HAD TO do a wipe with jl cmder before this would work on my pear 8100 from at&t.

Previous to doing that, it kept locking up, kept rebooting on its own, many other crazy things too, but after doing the complete wipe, followed by fresh install, everything has been running smoothly for 3 days now without a single hiccup.

P.s at&t promised me unless I signed up for a bb plan, I would not be able to mms, email, download or anything else, I CAN NOW, with 4.5 running smoothly. lol F**k at&t, they're a bunch of morons.

volkanerkan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    252B8E82
    I install it without battery,

mpshah no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hey guys. Its so good to see that there is always help for newbies like me.

I am wondering if I upgrade to 4.5.0.44 on my curve 8320 (T-Mobile Unlocked) and if I come across some issue and it wont let me upgrade, then is there a possibilty that there would be a permanent damage to the phone? Like I wont be able to downgrade to 4.2???

As I am in two minds whether to upgrade or not?

I would appreicate any kind of help.

Thanks.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Upgraded to 4.5.0.37 on my 8120 and have a WEIRD issue. When I open BB Messenger, it shows I have a total of 72 contacts, but ONLY 2 are displayed. Should I restore ONLY my BB Messenger contacts?

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    Quote Originally Posted by mpshah View Post
    Hey guys. Its so good to see that there is always help for newbies like me.

I am wondering if I upgrade to 4.5.0.44 on my curve 8320 (T-Mobile Unlocked) and if I come across some issue and it wont let me upgrade, then is there a possibilty that there would be a permanent damage to the phone? Like I wont be able to downgrade to 4.2???

As I am in two minds whether to upgrade or not?

I would appreicate any kind of help.

Thanks.
    You are installing an OS so there is always a chance that something bad might happen. If something permanent happens, that would be considered a freak accident. Your chances are even worse with an unrealesed OS. (I haven't seen anything that Jl Cmder can't fix.). Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by dallas1125 View Post
    You are installing an OS so there is always a chance that something bad might happen. If something permanent happens, that would be considered a freak accident. Your chances are even worse with an unrealesed OS. (I haven't seen anything that Jl Cmder can't fix.). Good luck.
    I am new with all this. What does Jl Cmder do? And how do I use it in case of need.

Thanks.

has anyone downloaded the 4.5.0.44 for the 8320 from the Sri Lanka website??? And if you have, does it work without any issues??

Thanks

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    Upgraded to 4.5.0.37 on my 8120 and have a WEIRD issue. When I open BB Messenger, it shows I have a total of 72 contacts, but ONLY 2 are displayed. Should I restore ONLY my BB Messenger contacts?
    Erica, just plug your phone back in to the DM (ignore any attempts by the DM to modify your OS, click cancel) then ---> Backup and Restore ---->Restore and look for the loaderbackup (.ipd) file. Usually the lastest date
    (ex. loaderbackup (2008-06-30).ipd).

These are the backup files the DM does automatically before you change OS's. Also, if you backed up your phone manually, you would look for backup (2008-06-30).ipd or whatever date you manually backed up your phone.

After clicking on that file you want to restore, it will show you exactly what it is restoring to your phone and you can verify what is there before clicking "OK". I hope that wasn't too confusing.....if so, maybe someone else can explain it better.

dmokha no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c1eaec
    I am having an issue. When i reset, or my phone resets & i goto BB Messenger, I get a note that this is a new device & all contacts will be updated via PIN & put them into a PIN Update confermation file on the Messenger. Anyone know anything about this or how to stop it grom happening?

Quote Originally Posted by drew4flt72 View Post
    Erica, just plug your phone back in to the DM (ignore any attempts by the DM to modify your OS, click cancel) then ---> Backup and Restore ---->Restore and look for the loaderbackup (.ipd) file. Usually the lastest date
    (ex. loaderbackup (2008-06-30).ipd).

These are the backup files the DM does automatically before you change OS's. Also, if you backed up your phone manually, you would look for backup (2008-06-30).ipd or whatever date you manually backed up your phone.

After clicking on that file you want to restore, it will show you exactly what it is restoring to your phone and you can verify what is there before clicking "OK". I hope that wasn't too confusing.....if so, maybe someone else can explain it better.
    Very clear instructions. I was able to restore most of my contacts. I lost a few contacts though. The good thing is that I am able to see all of my contacts and not just a few of them.

jrleny no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24b40cdf
    If you are on a BES then delete the SYNC Service book, restore the BB Messenger Contacts then undelete the SYNC Service Book. The BES Contacts should now be restored.

Very clear instructions. I was able to restore most of my contacts. I lost a few contacts though. The good thing is that I am able to see all of my contacts and not just a few of them.

Quote Originally Posted by jrleny View Post
    If you are on a BES then delete the SYNC Service book, restore the BB Messenger Contacts then undelete the SYNC Service Book. The BES Contacts should now be restored.

Strictly BIS user here.

Gmandese no está en línea Stack level 1
    I tried to install 4.5.0.46 for my 8320. But, when it erased the apps and data, then loaded everything, it rebooted. After that I got the "507 error, and it said that setup could not continue! No matter what, I cannot get past that point. Fatal Error. Since then, I re-installed 4.2, restored my backup so the phone is working fine. It just won't accept the upgrade! How do others install the .46 to their 8320's?
    BTW, using the latest 4.5 DM, Windows Vista home premium.

VETT98 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    friends
    I am in the process of searching my PC for the vendor.xml file for my 8100. However, it is finding my WordPad document on how to reinstall the OS when the PC doesn't recognize the BB. I am hoping I can get this to work because my 8120 is toast until 4.5 comes out for it.
    why is ur 8120 toast,where is the 4.3 os that it came with ?
    Mike

It went a rebooting loop but that was corrected the same day on its own http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=76370