Page 14 of 54 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Just noticed another feature for the media player not mentioned in the user manual :-) ... BlackBerry News forum

Bod2000 no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Just noticed another feature for the media player not mentioned in the user manual :-)
    if you press the volume button down/up and keep it pressed for over a second or so, the media player moves to the next/last track.
    Well cool - no need to remember the shortcut keys or have the display light up :-)

blaber no está en línea Stack level 2
    btw... is there a user manual for the new os??? if so where can i get it???

thewildside no está en línea Stack level 2
    i am having a issue with the new firmware the text boxes in the browser is not working can anyone tell me a solution for that
    all help given is free, and as is. I'd hate for someone to try and sue me for a mobile bill
    Help Me grow my website by spreading the word!
    http://gadgetworld4u.com

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    For late google mails just use HRT to register and it will force send them. Thats if you know you are expecting an email but the OS is preventing you from getting them sooner.
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by pinpoint View Post
    For late google mails just use HRT to register and it will force send them. Thats if you know you are expecting an email but the OS is preventing you from getting them sooner.
    Wow thats a smart idea.

simonintx no está en línea Stack level 2

.37 vs .44

What are the differences between OS 4.5.037 and 4.5.042 for the Pearl?

My complaints about the .37 are the camera is almost useless and LED won't stop blinking after a missed call unless I call my voicemail. At least I did get Jivetalk and Softreset to work.

I don't know if it would be any better to try the 42. I don't want to mess anything up. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks.
    Last edited by simonintx; 06-19-2008 at 01:51 AM.

Gar-williams no está en línea Stack level 3
    Didn't know you could connect to BES via Desktop Manager - did it and worked a treat without having to fess up to IT Admin about fiddling with new OS!

Documents to Go? Cannot get this to open email attachments.... am I missing something? Thanks

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.

nay

Quote Originally Posted by blaber View Post
    btw... is there a user manual for the new os??? if so where can i get it???
    nope, no user manual yet.
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gar-williams View Post
    Documents to Go? Cannot get this to open email attachments.... am I missing something? Thanks
    By any chance were you trying to open an Office 2007 Document? What error did you get if any?

Quote Originally Posted by kieranwest View Post
    By any chance were you trying to open an Office 2007 Document? What error did you get if any?
    No just an ordinary 2003 word file. I saw in the instructions for Doc to Go that you're supposed to be able to select the attachment in an email and download the attachment. I just get the usual 'open attachment' option, and having opened it cannot do anything with it. I've also tried opening the attachment as above, and then switching into Docs to Go to see if I can open it from there, but nothing. Is this perhaps a BES issue as I am on BES?

many thanks

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Just installed the latest (0.37) for the 8310 Curve yesterday.

Overall, I'm quite impressed. The browser, e-mail view and media player are all better in my opinion and I can actually watch YouTube videos without a hitch. Plus, the video recording ability.

The few problems I have are as follows:
    - Unless using the L theme, my icons get all muddled every time I restart the device. No big deal as I don't mind the L at all, but still something to notice.
    - The device rebooted unexpectedly only once so far. If I view a YouTube video and then close the media player, it seems to throw the BB for a loop. If I just press the escape key and go back to the browser, everything is fine. Just an observation.
    - Memory does seem to leak. I loose about 2MB / Day. Just restart every day and things are fine.

Other than that, I really don't see any glaring problems. I do have a question:
    When I view my text messages, I get little black boxes to the left of the time/date stamp. What is this, and why is it there?
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

rweasel6 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am having the same issue with the text boxes in the browser and sometimes the submit buttons.

For example, Logging in to YouMail. If I scroll over the text boxes it allows me to enter my user id and password. If I click on them its like they go dead. Including the login/Submit button

bushey no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    askplz
    I just upgraded to 4.5 from vodafone but I have two major concerns, notes have disappeared from the menu and I can not find them anywhere...is it me or 4.5 does not have this option?

and secondly, I am not able to open attachments from emails...I click on menu button and there is no option in there...can anyone help please?

Many thanks in advance

cheerio!
    Keep yourself nice.

tweetypie8790 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24232EBD
    ....im really hesitant with this new OS 4.5.....i really have been thru hell as it is with my bb..should i just wait till tmo releases it....which will be too late for me to even remember, or try my lucc....i dont want my bb to wack out on me all over again.....:cry:

some help people?