Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BlackBerry Media Sync has been updated to support Windows Media Player! For those like me ... BlackBerry News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

BlackBerry Media Sync now has Windows Media Player Support!

Advertisement

BlackBerry Media Sync has been updated to support Windows Media Player! For those like me who do not use iTunes this is awesome news! Now you can sync your Window's Media Player and/or iTunes playlists to your media card. Now you know what this means......time to buckle down and buy that 16GB card.....TODAY!

"Your Music on Your BlackBerry Smartphone. It’s That Simple. Sync your desktop iTunes® or Windows Media Player1 music files with your BlackBerry® smartphone. BlackBerry® Media Sync makes getting more from your music quick and easy!2,3,4,5 Want a specific playlist for the gym? With just a few simple clicks, you can choose the playlists you want from your collection.
    Or, if you just need a mix of tunes to get you through the day, songs can be randomly chosen from your collection. And, to make sure you’ve always got enough free memory on your BlackBerry smartphone, BlackBerry Media Sync lets you set a limit as to how much—or how little—of your music to sync."

Click here for more info and to download.

ryan7977 no está en línea Stack level 2
    so if i am reading this correctly, i could take a playlist from itunes, sync it to my BB, and it will show up exactly as it does for my ipod? in the same song order? that's pretty cool.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Media Sync for iTunes has been out for a while now, not sure how well it works since I'm not an iTunes user, but looking forward to trying it with WMP.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Works just fine, but takes forEVER to move the music. You're better off just dragging and dropping it from the computer to the device.

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    I don't mind doing the ol' drag and drop either.

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan7977 View Post
    so if i am reading this correctly, i could take a playlist from itunes, sync it to my BB, and it will show up exactly as it does for my ipod? in the same song order? that's pretty cool.
    I had slight issues with this: It'll sync the playlist fine, but not if you purchased some songs that still have that copyright protection on it, which means it'll sync only with ipods and iphones. Unfortunately, I did buy a few since I had an iPhone before and it was convienent when on the go.
    My Smartphone History - 7130e -> 8130 Pearl -> 8330 Curve -> iPhone 3G -> Javelin(Curve 8900)

camerr55 no está en línea Stack level 2

not bad but...

there is still the problem with the locked up itunes music. now you can get music from itunes for 3 bucks that arent locked up. So, as long as it is music that you bought from them in the past, it wont play on the blackberry (unless you go through a somewhat time consuming process to "unlock" the music that I dont think I am allowed to post how to do here, but dig around on google and you will find it).

the DM is very helpful with this because when you try to load media to your phone, it will have an icon with a lock on it or a speaker. the locked music can NOT be transfered and the speaker can.

I may have this wrong but that was my experience a few months ago...

rjbtmkc no está en línea Stack level 1
    I cannot get the Media Sync to work with iTunes at all. Very little of my music is purchased from iTunes, most is from CD. It is truly annoying. I recently upgraded my 8830's OS and it's still a no go. I want to see if it will work with WMP. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    Cheers.
    Danielle

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbtmkc View Post
    I cannot get the Media Sync to work with iTunes at all. Very little of my music is purchased from iTunes, most is from CD. It is truly annoying. I recently upgraded my 8830's OS and it's still a no go. I want to see if it will work with WMP. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    Cheers.
    Danielle
    I think you will have better luck with the WMP. I downloaded this last night and am getting ready to test it myself.

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by goldengirl75 View Post
    I don't mind doing the ol' drag and drop either.
    That's the last thing that I heard my ex say, as I was bouncing down the highway at 85mph and had a log chain around my neck

I'm hoping this app works ok with WMP.
    Diving into it now.
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

Erievon no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    SVT, how did it go?

Quote Originally Posted by Erievon View Post
    SVT, how did it go?
    Perfectly!

I don't care for MAC anything and got rid of iTunes 1/2hr after I used this for MWP!

My transfers were pretty fast.
    And I love how it organized all of my music. Did a great job because my WMP files were not that organized!

Smiley Rating:
    out of 5!
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

Quote Originally Posted by rjbtmkc View Post
    Cheers.
    Danielle
    I have the 8830 too. Did you install OS 4.5.0.135?
    The WMP version rocks on my phone, so I dumped iTunes.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    My 16gb media card is on the way!

Blake2221 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question What gives?

I downloaded Media sync to my desktop, it installed then when i opened it it stopped working and closed. I got the message that windows will search for solutions, but what's the haps?...my first suggestion for this sight seems to be a fluke...and I was just trying to figure out how to import my window media files, since i'm not too hot on Itunes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast