Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by drdoom23 Time we're like 50 years behind on the browser lol okay ... BlackBerry News forum

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by drdoom23 View Post
    Time we're like 50 years behind on the browser lol okay not 50 but close I think their taking a page from apples book and draing the pockets of consumers the we won't give u this on this phone but if u buy this one you'll get it lol,and yes they got torch mobile but that was almost 2 years ago lol firefox has been dumped and opera is okay but I mean come on RIM plz quit pulling a steve jobs on us.I will admit I've tried other phones but none work for work as well as my berry its a work horse and is consistant but plz annoucements mean nothing with out action
    RIM acquired Torch Mobile only 6 months ago. I think they have some time to make everything better. They only need to worry about Android. If they take long enough that Android continues to swallow up market share, then they lose.

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I thought thay aquired them in the begining of 08 my bad,and I agree android seems to be mopping up the market their shares are booming but then again we see this all the time with the products its new but advancements their making is quite appealing

slideaway no está en línea Stack level 2

Post Little more News...

Little more News about 'this' device and the forth coming Pearl

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10672...ise-rumor.html

We know RIM can make solid devices but future success will come down to the OS and browser. It's time for a new OS and full browser, can they do that?

And another...
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2358784,00.asp
    Last edited by slideaway; 02-04-2010 at 09:40 AM.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    We know RIM can make solid devices but future success will come down to the OS and browser. It's time for a new OS and full browser, can they do that?[/QUOTE]

I don't think they can. Adding touchscreen features to a bold lookalike device is not innovative. It's like adding a third wheel to a bike, why RIM, why? Get your Isht together already and stop releasing all these devices with little differences and the same old ancient browser and sluggish OS. I can say this because I owned enough bb's to talk about it. I just hope they come up with sonething revolutionary this year. This is DEFINITELY NOT revolutionary at all. If anything it's an insult to the smartphone industry. End of rant going back to chill mode now
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

jag257 no está en línea Stack level 3
    What a waste of payroll.... The screen on the 9000 is big, but not big enough for a touch screen Come on RIM.. Even the average Joe would think AT LEAST a storm like device with a slide out key board.. But who am i
    JAG257
    iPhone4
    " Losers try their best, WINNERS do what ever it takes"

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by jag257 View Post
    What a waste of payroll.... The screen on the 9000 is big, but not big enough for a touch screen Come on RIM.. Even the average Joe would think AT LEAST a storm like device with a slide out key board.. But who am i
    I'm not bashing RIM but a storm-like device with a slide out (or flip up) full keyboard and I'm temped again. I don't want to leave Blackberry. The push email is THAT important to me.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

jag257 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I'm not bashing RIM but a storm-like device with a slide out (or flip up) full keyboard and I'm temped again. I don't want to leave Blackberry. The push email is THAT important to me.
    I'm with you jblackfish, the push email has kept me using a BB.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Except all major smartphone platforms support PUSH email now. iPhone, Android, WM, etc. Infact, PUSH on Nokia is even free of charge and there are several PUSH services to choose from.

Its BBM that had me hooked and now remains the only exclusive feature that is a core part of a BB users day.

I knew that email was available on other phones but I thought that not ALL email services were supported. Also thought that signing in to your accounts was necessary to get them in many/most cases.

I know Droid supports gmail and I guessed that they all had limits. With RIM you can set up 10 accounts regardless of which service supports it and it's pushed to you. I guess I'm a little behind in what's available.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Most POP/IMAP emails are support. Yes, not all are created equal and unlike Blackberry they don't have years of PUSH experience under their belt. However, its good to know that there are solutions on multiple platforms in such a competitive market where for many users PUSH is a must!

Have a look at Nokia's official PUSH (up to 10 accounts):
    http://email.nokia.com/account/home.action (free for now and hopefully for good haha)

Will do. Thanks, Hayden

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123