Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Why would they need the surepress touch screen if they have the keyboard? They would ... BlackBerry News forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

Advertisement

Why would they need the surepress touch screen if they have the keyboard? They would just need a captive touchscreen for scrolling and browsing.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Sick phone whether it ever makes it to production or not!
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    I read on Blackberrycool that the magnum wasnt gonna see production. Too bad too, this would have been a cool device.

Ethan1006 no está en línea Stack level 3
    nice device but never really thought the storm was one of the best bbs ever, liked it while i had it but thats about it for the storm. loving the idea of the hard keyboard and touch screen tho.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by WhitePearlPXL View Post
    You've gotta be kidding me! What is RIM doing?
    what's done is done. But it's better late than never. I would still love to see it!
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Gotta agree with Raton and others that RIM already makes good hardware and has a solid line of form-factors for different tastes, but needs to shift their focus hard to the OS and browser. RIM is trying to appeal to the average consumer as well as business user, but each has totally different demands for the UI, but RIM has done little to appease the consumer.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    ............... Maybe they have some hotness hidden up their sleeves.....
    Let's hope so! I'm still waiting for a BB on the order of the LG Envy Touch with a nominal screen/minimal key function on the outside and a flip open, large display/full keyboard on the inside. Of course that would include a massive amount of memory and new OS and processor that's faster than anything out there. (Is that too much to ask? )
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    What's the point? The screen's still tiny
    I agree 100%. Also when can they actually make a normal touch screen. Never have or will be a fan of the press touch screen.

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Its now the dakota,I'm on my phone so I don't see the pic. I am assuming its the one from phone guru which has no os loaded on it and if u look at the call buttons and so forth its old. And again the one that took the magnums place is called the dakota. Ppl have stated its a real phone and there are specs over on crackberry I'll see if I can post them.I'm at work on a break getting my pinstack fix
    Last edited by drdoom23; 01-29-2010 at 06:38 PM.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by drdoom23 View Post
    Its no the dakota,I'm on my phone so I don't see the pic. I am assuming its the one from phone guru which has no os loaded on it and if u look at the call buttons and so forth its old. And again the one that took the magnums place is called the dakota. Ppl have stated its a real phone and there are specs over on crackberry I'll see if I can post them.I'm at work on a break getting my pinstack fix
    Lol @ pinstack fix. I know I recently left the bb world to try something new and to be honest with you I would really love to come back into using a bb again but the browser will always turn me away from it I used opera mini religiously because the default browser is shyte!!! I loved being able to drag and drop files but is that all I need? I would love for them to work on a touchscreen phone that's just that a touchscreen phone and of course a new browser heck use Safari/win mo browser anything but that godforsaken browser which dates back to at least 8 years ago. I'm just saying they have what it takes it's just they settle for what they have and have no real ambition in pleasing the consumer. Wrapping a bow tie around a device does not make it Anymore appealing sorry to break it to you RIM and neither does adding a few touchscreen features to an already released device with the same rundown beatup browser. End of rant. Going back to normal mode.
    Last edited by raton; 01-29-2010 at 12:22 PM.

Lol I agree they have all the tools to make a phone that can compete or dominate it seems they are choosing not to,I've been debating on leaving the bb world for the n900 for about 2 months imo it seems RIM has become the new palm come on everyone remembers the treo lol,it just seems their treating their customers with blatent disrespect and saying just keep buying the same thing in a new package. Yes they offered some insite to what's to come in the future but if u don't give ur customers what they want there will be no future for RIM,imo I think at this point their just using the blackberry name to sell their products. I hope they hear the masses who have stuck with them on their decline because it seems we are giving them insite on what needs to be fixed to continue maintaing their customers,sorry u opened a can of worms

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Lol @ pinstack fix. I know I recently left the bb world to try something new and to be honest with you I would really love to come back into using a bb again but the browser will always turn me away from it I used opera mini religiously because the default browser is shyte!!! I loved being able to drag and drop files but is that all I need? I would love for them to work on a touchscreen phone that's just that a touchscreen phone and of course a new browser heck use Safari/win mo browser anything but that godforsaken browser which dates back to at least 8 years ago. I'm just saying they have what it takes it's just they settle for what they have and have no real ambition in pleasing the consumer. Wrapping a bow tie around a device does not make it Anymore appealing sorry to break it to you RIM and neither does adding a few touchscreen features to an already released device with the same rundown beatup browser. End of rant. Going back to normal mode.
    Maybe we should all put our money together and buy RIM and for once build the phone we need. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by visionthing View Post
    Maybe we should all put our money together and buy RIM and for once build the phone we need. LOL
    I 2nd this lol

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    RIM has already made there announcement about what they are doing browser-wise, they now have more experience with touchscreen, they replaced the trackball with a trackpad (touch sensitive), I think we can expect very good things from the BlackBerry phones of the future we just have to give it time.

Time we're like 50 years behind on the browser lol okay not 50 but close I think their taking a page from apples book and draing the pockets of consumers the we won't give u this on this phone but if u buy this one you'll get it lol,and yes they got torch mobile but that was almost 2 years ago lol firefox has been dumped and opera is okay but I mean come on RIM plz quit pulling a steve jobs on us.I will admit I've tried other phones but none work for work as well as my berry its a work horse and is consistant but plz annoucements mean nothing with out action

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast