Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Next up, the menu and return buttons below the screen need to be relocated before ... BlackBerry News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

BlackBerry Magnum to feature touchscreen w/ QWERTY Keypad... Finally?!

Advertisement

Next up, the menu and return buttons below the screen need to be relocated before release or return the "call" and "end call" keys on each side. Also, "no go" on the "surepress" screen. It's overkill since there's already a keypad, so regular touch would be better. There's a lot of reasons why I LOVE this concept but mainly because I've been asking them to offer this ever since the launch of the 1st gen iPhone. I wonder why this wasn't launched back in May 2008 as the all new BlackBerry Bold 9000. Coincidentally the very first response to Apple's iPhone was the current Blackberry Bold 9000 with trackball and all at WES 2008. Then months later a rushed Blackberry Storm. The Magnum shares the Bold's exterior design so could this have been the alternative touch version to the Bold 9000? Is it still in the pipes? I Hope the answer is "yes"!

Hands down RIM offers the best physical QWERTY keypads with their BlackBerry smartphones and this sort of device would mean that for the FIRST time (if this isn't an abandoned prototype from 2008) RIM would compete in the touchscreen market without compromising the original BlackBerry form factor. Lets hope to hear more soon!

Read More

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Looks pretty neat!

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    ok finally RIM. like 5 years after people kept asking for it...
    Paolo
    Moto Droid with SteamROM v4.0.5 Steam Theme
    Steam 1.2ghz Low Voltage Kernel
    Apple MacBook Pro
    Jeremiah 29:11
    Try us out! www.mycellularsource.com

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by WhitePearlPXL View Post
    ok finally RIM. like 5 years after people kept asking for it...
    lol

I know it looks crappy but here's the proposed touchscreen BlackBerry sketch I sent into RIM back in 2008. See pdf attached:
    Attached Files Attached Files

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Without any specs on it, I can't say whether I like it or not. I like the idea of a cross-over as I am one of those cannot stand full touchscreens. I need my QWERTY keyboard. Would like to see a real spec sheet on this, but knowing RIM, I imagine it'll be a few months before that info gets leaked.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Boy IDK on this one? Lets think about it for a minute.........

Will the touch commands work with or be separate from the keyboard?
    Will the touch be used as a quick view type activity like Weather or previews of more information?

I'm not seeing a hybrid model as much as I'm seeing the Storm moving forward more. I'm also not so sure now with Android being such a great device that RIM shouldn't stick to what they do best.

As mentioned they do have the best physical keyboard hands down in a smart phone.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    What's the point? The screen's still tiny
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I said it before and I'll say it again. Enough with the hardware and focus on the OS and web browser. Let me guess this is gonna have 5.0 OS and run the same old web browser? Ummm no thanks
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    I said it before and I'll say it again. Enough with the hardware and focus on the OS and web browser. Let me guess this is gonna have 5.0 OS and run the same old web browser? Ummm no thanks
    that's what i was thinking. they can make this, but the OS still sucks.
    Paolo
    Apple MacBook Pro

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I was trying to be positive

Craig_C no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    This was in the process of being in production. It has now been cancelled in the production line from RIM. As much as most of us were hoping for a cross between the Storm and the Bold, it will not be coming from RIM. Sorry to disappoint.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    I was trying to be positive
    Me too lol

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Finally a phone with the amazing keyboard with the touchscreen. I can get away from the Storm I

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_C View Post
    This was in the process of being in production. It has now been cancelled in the production line from RIM. As much as most of us were hoping for a cross between the Storm and the Bold, it will not be coming from RIM. Sorry to disappoint.
    You've gotta be kidding me! What is RIM doing?
    Paolo
    Apple MacBook Pro

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Gotta love the rumor mill lol. Time will tell....RIM needs to come out with something to get people excited about BlackBerry again. Maybe they have some hotness hidden up their sleeves.....
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast