RIM has recently announced a new addition to App World, the Test Center, an area ... BlackBerry News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

BlackBerry Launches Test Center in App World

Advertisement

RIM has recently announced a new addition to App World, the Test Center, an area for users to try and give feedback for beta versions of applications. I have beta tested many apps for many developers, some from posts of public or restricted private betas on the PinStack forums, and others I have developed testing relationships with by personally contacting the developers. But not everyone is comfortable with using/posting on forums, and even fewer will go out of their way to contact individual developers. The addition of a Test Center to App World opens up the beta testing world to a much larger group of users and variety of devices.

"As part of our continuous effort to both improve product quality and listen to what BlackBerry® smartphone users have to say, RIM has launched a new Test Center category in the BlackBerry App World™ storefront.
    To kick off the Test Center category we have released eBay® v1.0 and MySpace® v2.0 for BlackBerry smartphones as beta applications. We are excited to use the reviews section for each of the applications launched in the Test Center category to collect user feedback so we can help ensure future application releases reflect the features and changes users are looking for."

Do you think this is a good move for RIM? Have any of you tried it yet?

[Inside BlackBerry]
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Very nice to see, might actually give this a try.
    ~ A proud BlackBerry Bold 9780 owner, die-hard tech geek and PC hardware tester ~
    Twitter: @cornelious0_0 | PIN: 235B134C

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    With as fast and smart phones, and applications develop, I think it's a great move on RIM's part. Although those are two apps I mostly likely won't try since I don't use either one, it shows that maybe they are listening. Whether they actually are or not, it also gives people the feeling that their input matters, and also shows that apps are being developed. People know what's coming at them instead of having to sit around and play the guessing game.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Honestly my 1st thought was ugh! Can you imagine the replies from new BB users who have trouble simply because they are not familiar with how the device works? But after more thought, that could be a good thing. With the growing popularity of smartphones in general, maybe RIM will pay more attention to making their devices operate more intuitively for new users. One thing that makes iPhone and even android gain popularity is the UI and how easy it is to use.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Johnnycwebb no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20df0454
    So Far so good hope the results will better BB App. World
    Johnny Webb

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T
    saw this last week while browsing appworld. all they had was the ebay app then though

9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    im checking this out as i type. just might beta test the MySpace 2.0
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I grabbed the upgraded MySpace and like it a lot. Too bad I don't have many MySpace friends.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    It's a good platform for progam development...and to get us to participate !
    Good idea from RIM. Maybe it´s a turnaround and maybe RIM and it´s associates are starting to realize we´re important...
    Thanks for bringing it forward azstar !

cb4studabaker no está en línea Stack level 3
    I think this is a great idea on rims part most of rims apps are not to good hope they read the feed back n make apps for more of wat the people want cause rim always does wat the people don't want

Razkull no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    I grabbed the upgraded MySpace and like it a lot. Too bad I don't have many MySpace friends.
    How did you manage to get it ..... All I see is the old version

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Downloaded it from the Test section of AppWorld.

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    The test center must hsve just been sent through an update when you open appworld. I didn't get a notification of an update but its there. I might check it out.