Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by ranxoren Good call hayden that may just be it. But then again ... BlackBerry News forum

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Good call hayden that may just be it. But then again Rogers would be picking up a 3G 8900 too altho they released the 8900 a couple months ago... Therefore im not that sure about that ...
    Unless ATT is willing to wait it out

Rogers will grab it for sure.. if this isn't supposed to hit until 3rd or 4th quarter they will grab it for sure as I am not sure when Magnum will hit, or the 3g flip.

bofeity no está en línea Stack level 3
    I agree with you. I don't like how I am going to buy the 8900 and now I hear this about the 9300. RIM has had a trend of milking the industry. Examples: the 8300, 8310, 8320, and 8330.

Or how a newer OS unlocks features like 'video recording' that was already in the device but limited by the OS. That sounds like milking to me!

The fact that you make slight changes to a device and roll it out in a staggered manner is lammmmeeee.

I will still get the 8900. I wonder if they will give it to Tmobile though as they would have two very very similar products competing against each other... ?
    Last edited by bofeity; 02-09-2009 at 08:25 PM.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by bofeity View Post
    I agree with you. I don't like how I am going to buy the 8900 and now I hear this about the 9300. RIM has had a trend of milking the industry. Examples: the 8300, 8310, 8320, and 8330.

Or how a newer OS unlocks features like 'video recording' that was already in the device but limited by the OS. That sounds like milking to me!

The fact that you make slight changes to a device and roll it out in a staggered manner is lammmmeeee.

I will still get the 8900. I wonder if they will give it to Tmobile though as they would have two very very similar products competing against each other... ?

Totally agree. Except that before it was a plain 8300 a GPS'ed 8310 a wifi'ed 8320 and now a souped up 8350i with GPS/wifi and ptt wth!! Now the new milking trend now is 3G and no 3G BB's, very sickening.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    See this is what the 8900 should have been. The ONLY reason they released the 8900 is to get Curve lovers to upgrade. Now that its rolling out and nobody can resist buying it, we get news of the TRUE 83xx successor aka the 8900 but with Bold class features (triband HSPA etc...).
    Im really not happy with RIM's strategies lately ... not happy ...
    I agree they are handling things very strangely. If anything they should stop producing so many similar phones and focus on producing fewer, less bug prone, and feature lacked (Storm without WiFi) phones.

Although I am not a big fan of Apple or their iPhone, I got to say producing only one phone with upgrades every year or two seems to have given them the time to focus more on the design. When the iPhone 3G was making a splash in the Smart Phone Industry, thats when RIM's phones started including more 3G. If the iPhone Pro thing is true, they are now going to have a model that not only has a keyboard, but more intertwined with the gaming industry which can always lead to big bucks.

I rather a Storm with WiFi or a Javelin with 3G then so many separate phones that include one or the other.

KriK no está en línea Stack level 3
    BGR released an update on this device it is supposedly not to be code named "Gemini" (not that the codename means much).

Gemini was intended for a 8325 device. This is appearantly an EDGE device with a 320x240 screen and 802.11 b/g/n wi-fi and a 2.0 MP camera. Seems like a step back for the most part because this was supposedly slated to be launched on T-Mobile. (Aren't they about to release the 8900?)

Let's hope the Gemini is a device that RIM has scrapped and moved forward from.

~ sent with Krik's Bold ~

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    And that's why they call 'em rumors ........do you have a link for that update krik?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

NewYorkChic no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    Is this coming to Sprint? I heard it is. Anyone verify this

being a sprint customer....all i can say is...........nope!!!

Jaceh no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    RIM is operating like the automakers keep making changes every year. I guess its better to have availible to us new devices for those of us that want to keep up with it than not to have any. ~via smartphone~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I gave more thoughts to this and i still think RIM is REALLY making a fool out of its followers aka us ... sad but true ...

Jaceh no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I think they are trying to get more market share so by making new devices they will have something for everyone. Some people that use ATT don't like the Bold so maybe they would prefer the 9300 with 3g.

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    Do you think its RIM that is cranking them out, or is it the carriers demanding more devices so that they can lock in us saps for longer and pay upgrade fees that basically PAY for the devices from RIM.

Not sure which one it is.....

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    What's wrong with RIM???? Why couldn't just make the 8900 for T-Mobile or whatever carrier has it just like that????!!!
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Yummy, yummy when is it for Mummy?

jahdub no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm here working for tmobile and looking at this with sadness to know we prob won't be gettin it.
    ~via smartphone~

KriK no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    And that's why they call 'em rumors ........do you have a link for that update krik?
    http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/02/10/whats-in-a-name/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast