BlackBerry® Enterprise Server Express enables businesses of any size to quickly and easily get started ... BlackBerry News forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express Available for Free

Advertisement

BlackBerry® Enterprise Server Express enables businesses of any size to quickly and easily get started with the BlackBerry solution. It provides advanced BlackBerry smartphone features with no additional software or user license fees, and works with any Internet-enabled BlackBerry data plan or a BlackBerry enterprise data plan.

[Read More]

360Challenge no está en línea Stack level 3
    How can I set this up? Can I use a PC with Exchange Server or Windows Small Business? Is there any need to sign with a mail server domain or buy any servers?

bswt2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    If you already have an Exchange Server or Small Business Server (2003 or 2008) then there should be nothing else you need. Unlike the regular BES this version supports being installed on the Exchange/SBS Server.

jglee311 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    Already having BES 5.0 installed in a VMware environment......are there really any advantages (from a monetary standpoint)?

Can I run a server from a PC with windows server os?

bswt2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    From a monetary standpoint the advantages are that you do not need to buy any licenses and it can be used with a BIS and BES plan. The BES plan is required for OTA activation while the BIS requires activation over USB I think.

I don't think it makes sense to switch from BES 5.0 to BES Express unless you needed a lot of additional cal's in the future.

360Challenge, the software does not care if you run it on PC or Server hardware, just make sure the specs are good enough to run it.

Thanks for the clarification bswt2

BESX in Verizon's Jail?

We are receiving UNCONFIRMED reports that Verizon Wireless will NOT allow BlackBerry users access to RIM's new BES Express software without upgrading their data plan. This would require an additional $15.00 per month per user. It also appears (again, UNCONFIRMED) Verizon is the ONLY carrier following this outline.

One of the advantages of BESX is it will allow small business owners to use the features of a BES service, at a BIS price. Original reports from RIM stated these features would be available without an increase in cost from the carrier. Apparently Verizon wasn't listening. It appears this is yet another attempt by Big Red to gouge their customer's wallet.

What are your thoughts?

Via BlackberryOS

Verizon to charge extra for BESX access.

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/...r-besx-access/
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

noftsierb no está en línea Stack level 1

BESX comments

I have full BES and support.

I spoke with RIM and they confirmed that OTA does work *if* you have the BES data plan. They claim transported tool will not work.

I used transporter tool to move my Verizon BB from my full BES 5.0.1MR2 to BESX. Then ic alled VZ and downgraded my data plan. Works fine.

YMMV but it seems the BESX will be a win.

noftsierb no está en línea Stack level 1
    I don't think it makes sense to switch from BES 5.0 to BES Express unless you needed a lot of additional cal's in the future.
    +

I disagree. I am saving $1500 a eyar on tech support and $7200 a year moved 40 users from BES to BESX and lowered data plans. So, there are very real savings out there.