Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks pdx.....this is very informative if not sobering information.....yes....the 9700 may be near or even ... BlackBerry News forum

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7

Advertisement

Thanks pdx.....this is very informative if not sobering information.....yes....the 9700 may be near or even under the "safe" level but remember.....there are entities that determine "safe" levels for virtually everything including insect parts per million in peanut butter, lead in water, etc......it may not influence the 9700 sales numbers but hopefully, it will ultimately force manufacturers to reduce these numbers.....
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

ajaxn2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    ill die happy though!

Quote Originally Posted by ajaxn2 View Post
    ill die happy though!
    With a "glowing" smile on your face I presume...

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Glowing you bet !
    Considering all the other things we use, eat and drink, including milk, I wonder how accurate the median measures really are! Or even, if they are constant in all apparatus's and consumibles manufactured and measured. And the probabilities of dying when I step out of a bath tub is much higher !
    Regardless, we are all dying much older than a century ago !
    So I'll be dying radiant and glowful!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Thx for the heads up! Let's say the true safe level is 1.0 and that maybe 1.6 is generous, who knows? In which case when it comes to smartphones we have to be soo careful.

I try to use an ear piece for long calls and I've stopped using hip holsters that increase the amount of time it sits pinned against me.

Let try our best as most of this radiation to my understanding is during calls and not while web browsing, messaging, etc
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    The DROID is still lower than my BB 8330 was which 1.54 according to the info on that site, so I guess that's better. But using a BT headset if you talk a lot is probably a good idea for all cell phone users.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

ajaxn2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by BestWitted View Post
    With a "glowing" smile on your face I presume...
    Yup!!!
    Also when does this radiation become bad? What if at some point in time this has helped kill any sort of possible cancer i may have had because of the radiation!?

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Well I have always wondered about the radiation levels of these powerful smartphones...as a result I have made it a habit to use a Bluetooth headset during calls and I usually have the phone laying beside me on the desk or laying in the console in the car. I guess with all the power and convenience that these devices offer us..there had to be a downside. I think if you just use some discretion we all should be just fine.

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Headset! Headset! Headset!

vera no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24D593F4
    Here is what I want to know --- how many other things I use everyday that are MORE unsafe for me that no one has tested! --- I wear a headset at work all day under blaring florecent lights. Pump my own gas when I have to fill my tank. Have a new plasma tv, two new laptops... Should I go on? -- I believe in being informed and appreciate the informAtion. Sometimes it just seems like information is ONLY released when it can pull a product down to pull another one up. I hope this does no sound toOo negative.

Quote Originally Posted by vera View Post
    Sometimes it just seems like information is ONLY released when it can pull a product down to pull another one up.
    I agree wholeheartedly...yes or no decisions need to be made "On Balance"....as a previous poster indicated.....there may even be therapeutic aspects to this alleged problem....
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    The DROID is still lower than my BB 8330 was which 1.54 according to the info on that site, so I guess that's better. But using a BT headset if you talk a lot is probably a good idea for all cell phone users.
    What's the output on BT headsets though? It's a wireless device still. Granted it's operating on totally different frequency spectrum. Just kind of goes to what Hayden said about what's safe and who says so.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

jhutton12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7BB5F94A
    Its very hard to gauge indeed but still like many other thing in life, we must go forward with it!

kotpun no está en línea Stack level 1
    I don't know why the RIM guys are bringing out phone with such huge SAR level. I have been waiting to buy 9700. The whole idea is dropped only because of the SAR. I am on the phone for more than 2 hrs daily. I don't want to fry my brain. Can't they do something to it? Even the old Bold is 1.51. Only option left is to carry on with the Javelin 8900.

Check this Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_...ion_and_health
    Last edited by kotpun; 03-02-2010 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Wanted to add more data
    Kotpun.
    BB 8900.
    Airtel india

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12