Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This bit of info might take some of you aback, especially if you’re reading this ... BlackBerry News forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

Blackberry Bold 9700 Tops Legal Radiation Exposure Level

Advertisement

This bit of info might take some of you aback, especially if you’re reading this on a BlackBerry Bold 9700. According to a recent report released by the Environmental Working Group (EWG), the Bold 9700 tops the legal level of radiation exposure when compared to 9 other popular smartphones. Motorola Droid comes in at a close second.

[Read More]

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

Radiation!

I just read that the 9700 is one of the WORST devices for radiation exposure (about 1.58 I thing) - I head that, per the FCC, anything at 1.6 or below is :safe" - I dont know muhc about this subject but is really that serious or is the Bold a perfectly safe device?

georgext2000 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    219EDE45
    Please if some one have more information about it, please let us know,

According to THIS article, the 9700 and the Motorola Droid is just under the maximum amount allowed to pass the FCC certification

HERE is another article I found while googling more about the subject.

DCorrea702 no está en línea Stack level 2
    the funny thing is, i've noticed that...
    i can be driving and have my 9700 on my lap and it bugs out my radio.
    and the shiny part behind the phone also is a little weak magnet. it's strong enough to pick up a paper clip, but not strong enough to hold it...

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I believe it was California that had a bill in the works to force carriers and manufacturers to disclose this type of information. Really though, the FCC has said for years now that it won't definitively say whether the radiation emitted from mobile devices is harmful or how much vs how long, so I gotta take it with a grain of salt. I am however surprised to see the levels so high in some devices. Something to consider when buying one not only for yourself, but your kids. Good find PDX.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

green_light no está en línea Stack level 3
    All right so I'm a little shocked, and definitely disappointed...for the past couple months I've been planning on getting a MyTouch 3G. According to this chart its the worst phone as far as radiation levels go???

Is this something that other people are taking into consideration when buying phones? I really want this phone, and now to find out that it's got a "high level of radiation" just seems stupid.

BoSoxFan82 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Just when you thought that you were addicted to a crack that doesn't cause harm, this comes out.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    No wonder my ear glows in the dark J/K this is prob not good news-thanks for the heads up PDX
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Well if anyone is worried about kids, the best phone on EWG’s list, the Samsung Impression, has a maximum radiation of just 0.35 W/kg.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

RLMAO! Not good for Snipe hunting. You'll scare them away

Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    No wonder my ear glows in the dark J/K this is prob not good news-thanks for the heads up PDX
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    RLMAO! Not good for Snipe hunting. You'll scare them away

I noticed my hunting count was down sice I started using this 9700.........................no wonder
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro
    a friend of mine works for motorola and says it's all worrying for naught - while radiation levels are certainly "concerning", the FCC has established safe levels - Each and every one of the phones listed are either AT or BELOW safe minimums. just think of all the crap flying around us from microwaves, wi-fi, sat TV...

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Slander! Hahaha, well just some disgruntled people towards RIM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast