Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

The BlackBerry Bold 9700 is now available on the AT&T website . No contract – ... BlackBerry News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

BlackBerry Bold 9700 Now Available From AT&T

Advertisement

The BlackBerry Bold 9700 is now available on the AT&T website.

No contract – $449.99
    2 Year Contract -$299.99 reduced w/MIR to $199.99
    AT&T now requires you to have a data plan with the device purchase

Enjoy the new Blackberry (aka:Bold 2)

Read what other Stackers are already saying about the device here, and here.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    They paid me to take my 8900, maybe i can get that lucky again . . .LOL
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Considering that AT&T took a little more time to launch this magnificient BB, I can just imagine the rush going on right now... !
    To all you stackers, from AT&T, the best of luck ! Enjoy it !

xander77 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Considering that AT&T took a little more time to launch this magnificient BB, I can just imagine the rush going on right now... !
    To all you stackers, from AT&T, the best of luck ! Enjoy it !
    Is anyone out there with the device on T-mobile having issues within the messages folder? My device is not recognizing sms contacts nor is it listing the most recent chat at the top of the window...

Anyone?

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I'm 10-76 to the AT&T store now to grasp the 9700 and see where it leads.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

jonraw no está en línea Stack level 1

Got mine yesterday.

I was pleasantly surprised at the QC involved in the making of this 9700. (Although it remains to be seen if there will be any long-term issues such as overheating and what-not.) I had been getting by on my 8700c for 3-4 years, and I always felt that the 8700 was a well-made BB, with respect to the weight and gap tolerances. Plus I always loved the trackwheel. But I've got to say, the trackpad is amazing. The factory sensitivity of 70 is perfect and I can't imagine using anything else. The 9700, as a whole is very zippy and I couldn't be more pleased.

(By the way, I used to post here as JRawlinson, but for whatever reason, I lost my password and was unable to get it back. This may be my first post under jonraw, but I have been with you guys in spirit for quite a while. Happy BBing everyone!)

By the way,

AT&T offered me the phone for $249 with a $100 rebate, in lieu of the $299 w/$100 rebate I have seen listed everywhere else. Pleasant surprise. If they do not offer it to you perhaps you could ask for it? :shrug:

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Having owned the original Bold I really like the Bold 2. The phone felt great in my hand and navigation was a breeze. The trackpad is a huge improvement over the ball. The phone feels more solid while using it and did not have any of the B1 creeks or flexible movement to it.

I did not like the screen size tho and could not help but think while playing around with the B2 i was just using a Curve. The one thing we always do no matter what when using a phone is look at the screen. I wish the B2 had a larger screen more like the B1.

Great phone non-the-less. It's my first BB choice.

Agreed on the screen size.

Although the clarity is so good that it seems to make up for it. I just can't get over how well made this phone is. It just feels so tight. Even though I loved the 8700c, the keyboard wiggled around as a single unit ever so slightly inside the casing. I don't get that impression from the 9700. If I have one complaint about the 9700, it's that the USB port is super snug when I put in or take out the charging cord. I went ahead and sprung for two charging pods (work and home) so I don't break the USB port plugging and unplgging.

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5
    What OS did this come with?
    I'm curious to know because I am still waiting on the official OS for my AT&T Bold 1.
    ~Lauren

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

OS

Mine was 5.0.0.296, for what it's worth...

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by xander77 View Post
    Is anyone out there with the device on T-mobile having issues within the messages folder? My device is not recognizing sms contacts nor is it listing the most recent chat at the top of the window...

Anyone?
    I have a friend who just bbm me the same thing... instead of a name under SMS it shows the number only. Have you successfully transferred your contact list/address book over?

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    Having owned the original Bold I really like the Bold 2. The phone felt great in my hand and navigation was a breeze. The trackpad is a huge improvement over the ball. The phone feels more solid while using it and did not have any of the B1 creeks or flexible movement to it.

I did not like the screen size tho and could not help but think while playing around with the B2 i was just using a Curve. The one thing we always do no matter what when using a phone is look at the screen. I wish the B2 had a larger screen more like the B1.

Great phone non-the-less. It's my first BB choice.

So ... would you trade your 9000 for it? (as IF you never had an iPhone )

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by xander77 View Post

Anyone?

No problem with mine - On the Options menu , go to SMS and on the 2nd option it asks if you want to show names or numbers - this could be it....
    On the SMS & MMS open options and set to Display name.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    ^^^ might just be!! thanks for helping D!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast