We knew this was coming and now it's here, the BlackBerry App World webstore is ... BlackBerry News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

BlackBerry App World's Webstore Now Available

Advertisement

We knew this was coming and now it's here, the BlackBerry App World webstore is now live. You can view the categories jut like on the BB version but with the convenience of the big screen, also view by popularity, paid, and free apps. You can view all the details and if you want to download simply enter an email address associated with your BB and the download link will be sent to your BB.

When you get the email there will be links to "Open in BlackBerry App World" or if you don't have App World there is a link to download it included in the email as well. I was hoping that you could link your App WOrld account to the web version and purchase right from your computer but that does not appear to be the case.

Check it out here!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

adils no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well I don't know when will this be available worldwide; currently for limited countries
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.199 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/125

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I was hoping that the Webstore would help with my issues of apps missing from app world on the BB. For example Poynt, I can't access it from app world via bb even though I have in the past. A search for it comes up as not found. If I use the webstore to send a link for Poynt via email to my bb it gives a link to open Poynt in App World on the bb which I can open, but there's no download button.

This has been an issue for Alltel users with these last 2 recent versions of App World. I'm currenty using 1.1.0.15 and some very common apps like Pandora, Slacker, iHeartRadio, Poynt, and Where are not available to me via App World anymore. Very frustrating! It's being looked into by RIM support techs but no solution found yet :cry:
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.160 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Be sure to update your pandora to ver. 1.1.1 it's the shizznit as they say in the streets lol.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    I'm glad this is up. I hate waiting for the slow app world to load when all I want to do it browse.
    "Who Dares Wins"

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I was hoping that the Webstore would help with my issues of apps missing from app world on the BB. For example Poynt, I can't access it from app world via bb even though I have in the past. A search for it comes up as not found. If I use the webstore to send a link for Poynt via email to my bb it gives a link to open Poynt in App World on the bb which I can open, but there's no download button.

This has been an issue for Alltel users with these last 2 recent versions of App World. I'm currenty using 1.1.0.15 and some very common apps like Pandora, Slacker, iHeartRadio, Poynt, and Where are not available to me via App World anymore. Very frustrating! It's being looked into by RIM support techs but no solution found yet :cry:
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.160 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106

I have had some similar issues. If you ever try to downlod one and it locks up your BB the only way to regain it is a security wipe! They have no recourse!

THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    this is sooo much faster than trying to look at all the categories via wap. now you can browse the categories, pick what you want and them log on wap and DL what you picked out. thanks for the heads up AZ!
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

kingofgsm no está en línea Stack level 1
    yes i agree with u

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    this is sooo much faster than trying to look at all the categories via wap. now you can browse the categories, pick what you want and them log on wap and DL what you picked out. thanks for the heads up AZ!
    DITTO!
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.160 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105